Page 102 of 122 FirstFirst ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 3042

Canada Closed until US Gets Covid 19 Under Control

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I read an artical saying american hospitols are having cashflow issues cuz they are not operating ?

That’s one of the bigger problems with our health system. Elective surgery is a huge revenue stream for many hospitals.
    Conversely, I talked to one of the best Knee Surgeons in the world today and they could get me in three weeks. I was planning on May.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    they’re going to tax the unvaxxed in quebec, i hope 100% of that money goes into healthcare worker’s pockets and upgraded facilities.
    Can't wait for the great defenders of the Canada Health Act to speak up on this! (I won't hold my breath).

Got randomly selected for a PCR test at the airport when I landed. Results in 3-5 days, no need to isolate until then. And they wonder why we don't take their actions seriously...

Quote Originally Posted by Peyto View Post
    Can't wait for the great defenders of the Canada Health Act to speak up on this! (I won't hold my breath).

Got randomly selected for a PCR test at the airport when I landed. Results in 3-5 days, no need to isolate until then. And they wonder why we don't take their actions seriously...
    So you know when you go to an extended family gathering and there's that cousin that you don't really have a problem with, but you just really don't want to talk to? Just an FYI - Quebec is considered the weird cousin of the Canadian family of provinces. We don't really care much what they do, they're always making noise and threats, and weird rules.

East coast, Ontario, and BC are the ones that matter. Alberta is a dick, and the rest we forget exist.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    So you know when you go to an extended family gathering and there's that cousin that you don't really have a problem with, but you just really don't want to talk to? Just an FYI - Quebec is considered the weird cousin that is always begging for or just taking money from the rest of the family then bitching about it of the Canadian family of provinces. We don't really care much what they do, they're always making noise and threats, and weird rules.

East coast, Ontario (meaning Toronto/GTA), and BC (meaning the lower mainland) are the ones that matter. Alberta is a dick that stayed in school, bought land and capitalized on it while being bled dry by the aforementioned cousin demanding money to maintain their distinct lifestyle, and the rest we forget exist.
    Canadian health care is great as long as you don't stray to far out of the norm or get too old
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    Canadian health care is great as long as you don't stray to far out of the norm or get too old
    Haha I see what you did there, and I like it. Having lived in plenty of the country, I think your point is bang on that the divisions in Canada are far, far more based on rural vs urban lines than any particular province or region. Always funny see Ontarians (particularly around the GTA) oblivious to the perception the rest of the country has of them though!

Quote Originally Posted by Peyto View Post
    Haha I see what you did there, and I like it. Having lived in plenty of the country, I think your point is bang on that the divisions in Canada are far, far more based on rural vs urban lines than any particular province or region. Always funny see Ontarians (particularly around the GTA) oblivious to the perception the rest of the country has of them though!
    Oh, I'm well aware. I have travelled, after all. You tell a woman in BC/QC you're from Onterrible and suddenly you're like a leper being let loose in to a crowd of 'clean' people.

At this point I just play in to it. Yeah, we're the centre of the hockey universe, and the Canadian financial universe, and all other Canadians wish they were us.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    That’s one of the bigger problems with our health system. Elective surgery is a huge revenue stream for many hospitals.
    Conversely, I talked to one of the best Knee Surgeons in the world today and they could get me in three weeks. I was planning on May.
    About 8 1/2 months to get an ACL, 2 of those months to get an MRI, 3 of those months were covid lock-down and a lot of things got shuffled/canceled due to covid, so really only 3 1/12 months to get cut on in a small town Narthern BC

No costs of any kind other than I had to pay for the crutches

I ran into an aqaintence in the bar who got hurt after me but she gets the knee cut on well before me, I was still mtn biking with no ACL while she couldn't straighten her leg SO her emergency got taken care of
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Yeah, we're the centre of the hockey universe, and the Canadian financial universe, and all other Canadians wish they were us.
    Bwaahaaahahaa!

But your point about being a leper to the ladies of BC/QC is funny, since in BC at least, about a quarter of the population are ON expats (although most that I work or play with are not orginally from the GTA, but rather from rural ON, so they have that gong for them)

My niece refers to them as " those Upper-Canada types "
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Oh, I'm well aware. I have travelled, after all. You tell a woman in BC/QC you're from Onterrible and suddenly you're like a leper being let loose in to a crowd of 'clean' people.

At this point I just play in to it. Yeah, we're the centre of the hockey universe, and the Canadian financial universe, and all other Canadians wish they were us.
    Haha this is the way - accepting that we all have our quirks worthy of mocking.

Has anyone traveled to Canada from the states with proof of a recent positive CoVid test (plus being vaccinated), in lieu of testing negative within 72 hours?

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Has anyone traveled to Canada from the states with proof of a recent positive CoVid test (plus being vaccinated), in lieu of testing negative within 72 hours?
    I wish I had documentation. I recovered from covid over Christmas but only took a home test so I dont have official results. It seems that would make you exempt from spot testing at the border, which seems to be the biggest variable.

Not from US but flew in from UK and it was fine. Skipped the randomised testing and didn't have to quarantine. Just make sure your result covers what they want. Think its like location / test date / your name + birthdate but might wanna double check the canadian immigration site

Quote Originally Posted by miketheskier View Post
    Not from US but flew in from UK and it was fine. Skipped the randomised testing and didn't have to quarantine. Just make sure your result covers what they want. Think its like location / test date / your name + birthdate but might wanna double check the canadian immigration site
    My roommate is using a positive test to get across today. Will respond tonight if they reject her! haha

Who has crossed recently? How did it go?

Apparently two people have told my wife that you now need a negative test to get back into the US. This would be extremely surprising to me. Has anyone heard of this?
    that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's something else...

Quote Originally Posted by counterfeitfake View Post

Apparently two people have told my wife that you now need a negative test to get back into the US. This would be extremely surprising to me. Has anyone heard of this?
    You do for flying into the US as has been the case for over a year now. You do not need a test for driving into the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by counterfeitfake View Post

I went across Friday 14th with a "within 72 hour negative" test, and a completed ArriveCan certification. Only issue is EVERYONE is randomly given a quick test to take in Canada that you have to schedule an online appointment. REALLY bad instructions to get it scheduled.

Getting back into US using Global Entry was two questions, and welcome back. No vax certs, negative test results or anything else.

Yeah, I should have clarified that I was talking about land crossing. Thanks for the info.
    that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's something else...

Airport entry is that a scheduled web app antigen or do they give you a PCR? Thinking for Calgary
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bite Me View Post
    Only issue is EVERYONE is randomly given a quick test
    If everyone is given a test to take, it's not really all that random.... is it truly "everyone" now?

If everyone is given a test to take, it's not really all that random.... is it truly "everyone" now?
    It's about 50% right now, but from what I understand the plan is to ramp it up to everyone.

At some border crossings they do the test right there. At others they give you a kit, and you have to schedule an appointment to stick it up your nose over a Microsoft Teams video call while someone watches you. I've crossed just for day trips a handful of times and just thrown the test kit out when I get home (you have 24 hours to complete the test, and can't submit it once you're back in the US). I've heard of Canadian residents who were given the test kits when crossing who just never bothered to complete the test and didn't run into any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by gavinski91 View Post
    I've heard of Canadian residents who were given the test kits when crossing who just never bothered to complete the test and didn't run into any issues.
    So far, anyway. It seems a bit risky to me. Maybe they're tracking these tightly and maybe they aren't, but it wouldn't surprise me if those people find out later that they'll face some ramifications for not taking the tests. I'm certainly not going to risk being barred from future entry into Canada because I can't spare ten minutes to take the test.

Can anyone confirm the Paterson crossing is still open 24/7? The official website indicates that particular crossing is not operating under temporary hours.

I crossed over and back last week with a friend who had a positive test result over 14 hours old. That was accepted without question.

Unrelated, but beware the randomly selected for rapid test at border issue. A friend in my car was, and we were scrambling to get it done and dropped off by closing time at the Cranbrook drug mart before closing on a Friday because we were flying into a hut the next day. The interface to register the test online was super confusing. Allow extra time for this and be aware that there are limited drop off locations.

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    I crossed over and back last week with a friend who had a positive test result over 14 hours old. That was accepted without question.

Unrelated, but beware the randomly selected for rapid test at border issue. A friend in my car was, and we were scrambling to get it done and dropped off by closing time at the Cranbrook drug mart before closing on a Friday because we were flying into a hut the next day. The interface to register the test online was super confusing. Allow extra time for this and be aware that there are limited drop off locations.
    Useful info
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.