Page 101 of 122 FirstFirst ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 3042
    Living in the only state with one state border and two provinces, three if you count ferry service to Nova Scotia, it has been too long since I have been to Canada. Hopefully crossing the border tomorrow. I was surprised one of the options on ArriveCAN app for quarantine plan was return home. I filled in a hotel address but may go back and modify it. Still not sure what I will do in a month when I go into a hut. Guess the same.

They is Canada or the Bahamas?

What makes you think Canada would shut the border? I feel like that adds nothing now omicron is the dominant strain. The Canadians adding the arrival PCR testing shows to me they want travel to stay open rather than close it like last time. Weirder things have happened though.

Anybody know who the shipping agent is for random tests taken at the Paterson border crossing? Purolator? Thinking of heading to Red Mtn and want to make sure there is a drop box in Rossland or nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by miketheskier View Post
    What makes you think Canada would shut the border? I feel like that adds nothing now omicron is the dominant strain. The Canadians adding the arrival PCR testing shows to me they want travel to stay open rather than close it like last time. Weirder things have happened though.
    I have not heard or read anything that suggests Canada is considering closing the border again. I think Shreadhead was referring to the Bahamas.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Anybody know who the shipping agent is for random tests taken at the Paterson border crossing? Purolator? Thinking of heading to Red Mtn and want to make sure there is a drop box in Rossland or nearby.
    FedEx has been the shipper when I have crossed into BC. I just dropped it off at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    I was surprised one of the options on ArriveCAN app for quarantine plan was return home.
    Really? This is new then. That wasn't an option when I last filled it out at Thanksgiving. I'm glad to hear that option is available now.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    FedEx has been the shipper when I have crossed into BC. I just dropped it off at Shoppers Drug Mart.
    Right on, that'll work. Thanks.

Crossed the border last night and it sure wasn't like previous crossings. Much longer wait, much longer process w border guard. The fact that I registered us on the Arrivecan thing but didn't complete it (missed something) didn't help, and the guard emphasized that he coulda turned us back. Granted, I've never gone over at this crossing previously (I-87 into PQ), but I've crossed into Canada many times and this was a significantly different experience.
    [quote][//quote]

Our border crossing was smooth and relatively quick with just one car in front, Houston, Me/Woodstock, NB. The swab was a cluster. Buddy was randomly selected. Kit did not have serial number. Entered in NB but ended up in Quebec meant different agencies which added to confusion. He spent a couple hours the first night and a solid hour the second

With the rampant spread of Omicron, at some point soon I think it's going to be more about whether or not you're recently vaccinated vs testing negative or positive before traveling. This damn virus is already everywhere, it's coming to a point where you can't try to control it, you can only make sure people are vaccinated so the symptoms are mild or non-existent and they don't tax the health care system.

We are debating flying into Vancouver in March. The only concern is the ability to get a PCR test result within 72 hours of our flight. Currently (NY metro area), the wait for results is 5+ days… unless I pay for a boutique “rush” PCR test with guaranteed 24 hour turnaround time. For only $400!?!?
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Things could be a whole lot different in March. The good thing about these huge spikes is they've always been followed by a very rapid decrease in cases.

Canada Closed until US Gets Covid 19 Under Control

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    We are debating flying into Vancouver in March. The only concern is the ability to get a PCR test result within 72 hours of our flight. Currently (NY metro area), the wait for results is 5+ days… unless I pay for a boutique “rush” PCR test with guaranteed 24 hour turnaround time. For only $400!?!?
    isn’t it impossible to get a direct flight to vancouver from nyc these days? that’s as big of a dealbreaker for me as the pcr, might as well fly to geneva or something.

the euros are doing everything with antigen tests. so much easier.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    isn’t it impossible to get a direct flight to vancouver from nyc these days? that’s as big of a dealbreaker for me as the pcr, might as well fly to geneva or something.

the euros are doing everything with antigen tests. so much easier.
    Air Canada EWR-YVR nonstop is still an option.

The Cathay Pacific JFK-YVR route was the bomb. Too bad they abandoned that one.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    Crossed the border last night and it sure wasn't like previous crossings. Much longer wait, much longer process w border guard. The fact that I registered us on the Arrivecan thing but didn't complete it (missed something) didn't help, and the guard emphasized that he coulda turned us back. Granted, I've never gone over at this crossing previously (I-87 into PQ), but I've crossed into Canada many times and this was a significantly different experience.
    Not saying it's the reason for your greater scrutiny, but I've crossed there enough times to know that they are fucking assholes at this particular spot. It's happened to me enough times now that I will not cross in to Quebec if it can be avoided. Just stupid things, mostly involving the alcohol I am trying to bring back with me in a non-shady all on the up-and-up way. Oh and that time the guy launched in to a line of questioning about why I would bring 2 pairs of skis on a trip as if I'm some sort of ski-smuggling terrorist and not someone who likes a wider ski in fresh snow as opposed to a shorter skinnier one on east coast ice. Rummaged around my dirty underwear for a few minutes like he was going to find a stash of AK-47s or something.

Just be prepared for the french border guards to take their jobs just a little too seriously is all I'm trying to say.

While we're on story time, my buddy has a license plate SKIVRMNT which makes for the best ever crossings in to Vermont. It's like the guards are always happy we showed up!

Yeah. I've had some shitty returns to Canada coming north on 89.

When I said "hello" and got a reply in French I knew I was in trouble.

Dude went on and on asking for proof of when I crossed into the US and then started giving us shit about the stuff we were bringing back despite it being within the rules.

We stayed at my in-laws so we didn't buy anything until a few days in and thus had no receipts from the first day there.

He eventually let us go but he was being a dick since he would have had that information already.

So Canada is going to 10-180 day window, but not until next week, two late for my friend who is within the 10-14 day window and of course keeps testing positive on NAAT and PCR. Canada won't accept antigen. So, he is missing his ski trip.

Quote Originally Posted by miketheskier View Post
    Why did Canada continue to bar fully vaccinated Americans with a negative PCR well into last August? Canadian border COVID policy has not made a lot of sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Today's "pot, meet kettle" story:
    U.S. health officials on Monday advised against travel to Canada, citing “very high” levels of the coronavirus in the country.

I enjoyed the Sunday magazine on CBC this past Sunday. The interview with Dr. Madhukar Pai, and his take on addressing the pandemic globally was very poignant.
    https://www.cbc.ca/listen/live-radio/1-57/clip/15888039

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Today's "pot, meet kettle" story:
    Current cases per 100k
    USA: 1492
    Canada: 680

Seems an American could halve their chances of catching the 'vid by coming to Canada. Yeah, I don't know either. Our testing has gone to shit, though.

Canada lags behind most places in the US when it comes to nurses, hospital beds, and ICU beds per capita, so you don't want to get sick in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Current cases per 100k
    USA: 1492
    Canada: 680

Seems an American could halve their chances of catching the 'vid by coming to Canada. Yeah, I don't know either. Our testing has gone to shit, though.
    impossible to get a test in the states either lots of places. seems like omicron really blew the whole covid thing wide open as far as our understanding and relative preparedness. it's just a totally new game.

Short staffed everywhere in NA but you are statistically more than 3 times more likely to die of covid in the USA 2600 vs 800 dead per million pop as per worldometer which is pretty bad but not the worst

I read an artical saying american hospitols are having cashflow issues cuz they are not operating ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    Canada lags behind most places in the US when it comes to nurses, hospital beds, and ICU beds per capita, so you don't want to get sick in Canada.
    Uhhhh, well, so I don't want to get sick at all anytime obviously, but if I got sick in Canada or the USA I wouldn't be worrying about it. Healthcare is pretty damn solid in both places, what with being G7 countries and all.

Yeah our ICU capacity is a terrible joke, but they always make it work somehow. We aren't close to the peak ICU that was seen in the big delta wave yet, but talk to me in 3 days and this may be a different story. Hopefully this pandemic will kickstart some much-needed healthcare expansion in Canada over the next few years. Doubt it, though.

they’re going to tax the unvaxxed in quebec, i hope 100% of that money goes into healthcare worker’s pockets and upgraded facilities.