Page 100 of 121 FirstFirst ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 3006
  1. #2476
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    406
    We got lucky when we crossed a week ago and didn't get selected for a random test, but did have a little snafu because one of our pre-entry test documents didn't list the address of the testing center. Had to go back through US customs (they were only concerned about drugs), drive back about 15 minutes to get service, and downloaded a more complete test result with all the info. Then we breezed through. Make sure you have all the info they want before you get there, it is spelled out online but somehow we overlooked that detail.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

  2. #2477
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    13,380
    I got my positive test back and am now exempt from testing requirement bs while traveling for 180 days. If you think you have caught covid it could be worth getting it documented officially for that reason alone. YMMV.

    https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/tr...ng-into-canada
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

  3. #2478
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    cordova,AK
    Posts
    3,268
    Quote Originally Posted by fleaches View Post
    We got lucky when we crossed a week ago and didn't get selected for a random test, but did have a little snafu because one of our pre-entry test documents didn't list the address of the testing center. Had to go back through US customs (they were only concerned about drugs), drive back about 15 minutes to get service, and downloaded a more complete test result with all the info. Then we breezed through. Make sure you have all the info they want before you get there, it is spelled out online but somehow we overlooked that detail.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Peace Arch?
    off your knees Louie

  4. #2479
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    24,908
    Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    I got my positive test back and am now exempt from testing requirement bs while traveling for 180 days. If you think you have caught covid it could be worth getting it documented officially for that reason alone. YMMV.
    Every dark cloud has a silver lining I guess.

  5. #2480
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    Peace Arch?
    Nelway

    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

  6. #2481
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Creekside
    Posts
    1,617
    Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    I got my positive test back and am now exempt from testing requirement bs while traveling for 180 days. If you think you have caught covid it could be worth getting it documented officially for that reason alone. YMMV.

    https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/tr...ng-into-canada
    Not sure where you are finding something that says if you were tested positive for Covid, that you can enter Canada.

  7. #2482
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    27,249
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...gime-1.6300833

    sound like you can pick it up sitting around breathing the air in a hell of a copter

    in 2020 there were 3 cases in the industry before it shut down
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  8. #2483
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    Not sure where you are finding something that says if you were tested positive for Covid, that you can enter Canada.
    If you have a positive covid test you are exempt from the requirement to show a negative PCR test w/in 72 hours prior to crossing the border. Which is what ml242 said.

    Who needs a pre-entry test
    All travellers 5 years of age or older
    You must provide proof of a COVID-19 negative molecular test result to enter Canada OR proof of a previous positive test result taken between 14 and 180 days ago (starting January 15, 2022, between 10 and 180 days ago).
    "A witty saying proves nothing."

  9. #2484
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    13,380
    Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    Not sure where you are finding something that says if you were tested positive for Covid, that you can enter Canada.
    (typo here) Foreign nationals without a valid negative pre-entry COVID-19 molecular test result, proof of a previous positive test result or who have symptoms of COVID-19 be denied entry into Canada.

    and

    Travellers who provide a positive COVID-19 test result taken within 14 to 180 days of arrival into Canada may be exempt from arrival testing.

    all of the entry rules apply, what i am saying is you don't need the hassle of getting the pcr and you won't be subject to the random test either.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

  10. #2485
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Creekside
    Posts
    1,617
    Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    (typo here) Foreign nationals without a valid negative pre-entry COVID-19 molecular test result, proof of a previous positive test result or who have symptoms of COVID-19 be denied entry into Canada.

    and

    Travellers who provide a positive COVID-19 test result taken within 14 to 180 days of arrival into Canada may be exempt from arrival testing.

    all of the entry rules apply, what i am saying is you don't need the hassle of getting the pcr and you won't be subject to the random test either.
    May be exempt. Sounds like they could still randomly choose you.

  11. #2486
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    13,380

    Canada Closed until US Gets Covid 19 Under Control

    also this one:

    https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/tr...ng-into-canada


    Who needs a pre-entry test
    All travellers 5 years of age or older
    You must provide proof of a COVID-19 negative molecular test result to enter Canada OR proof of a previous positive test result taken between 14 and 180 days ago (starting January 15, 2022, between 10 and 180 days ago).

    who knows. iím headed to nyc next week not planning on getting a test on the way back. evaluate your own plans accordingly.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

  12. #2487
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Creekside
    Posts
    1,617
    Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    also this one:

    https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/tr...ng-into-canada


    Who needs a pre-entry test
    All travellers 5 years of age or older
    You must provide proof of a COVID-19 negative molecular test result to enter Canada OR proof of a previous positive test result taken between 14 and 180 days ago (starting January 15, 2022, between 10 and 180 days ago).

    who knows. i’m headed to nyc next week not planning on getting a test on the way back. evaluate your own plans accordingly.
    Didn’t realize you were Canadian.

    Good luck.

  13. #2488
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    64
    This is so confusing. So if i have a positive test from today when i enter canada next month i dont need a new negative test within 72 hours? or that is the case but this doesnt start until Jan 15, so i need a positive post jan 15? i plan on entering feb 25, tks!

  14. #2489
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,986
    Quote Originally Posted by Crippity View Post
    This is so confusing. So if i have a positive test from today when i enter canada next month i dont need a new negative test within 72 hours? or that is the case but this doesnt start until Jan 15, so i need a positive post jan 15? i plan on entering feb 25, tks!
    Normally you need a negative test to enter, ya? Thing is if you had COVID you can test positive for a while even though you're not contagious anymore.

    Soooo..... you get a positive test today lets say. As of Jan 15 you can then enter Canada without having to test negative. Just need the documented PCR test showing positive a minimum of 14 days prior. This is good for 6 months.

    A positive test is the holy grail of cross-border travel documents. I would have loved one but here in Onterrible they stopped letting the plebs get PCR tests over the holidays. Get sick? Assume it's COVID. Rapid test positive? Yeah still no PCR for you - you have COVID.

  15. #2490
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Last Best City in the Last Best Place
    Posts
    5,467
    Encouraging travelers to get covid. Great.

  16. #2491
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    24,908
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Encouraging travelers to get covid. Great.
    I can see the rationale, but I can also say it's the only thing that has actually made me think "gee, maybe getting Covid wouldn't be so bad?" since this all started. And I know that's dumb reasoning, but I must admit I still thought about it.

  17. #2492
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,986
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Encouraging travelers to get covid. Great.
    That's your take from that?

    So lets say you do get covid, and you have to for whatever reason enter Canada within 6 months. What's the alternative?

    It's a contagious virus that cannot be controlled. We don't need to encourage the inevitable...

    EDIT: The current situation is fucked though. Like, I had covid - tested positive over christmas with a RAT. Can no longer get a PCR though, unless I pay $200 or whatever at a private clinic. Now here's the rub - lets say I need to head out of country. I'd need a test within 72 hours of departure, but if that comes back positive I can't travel for 10 days. Only option really is to get a test 11 days prior, and if negative, then another one closer to the date.

    They need to end the testing requirement altogether. I am effectively stuck here until that happens. Trying to keep covid out of the country seems a little silly at this point.

  18. #2493
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    24,908
    Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    They need to end the testing requirement altogether. I am effectively stuck here until that happens. Trying to keep covid out of the country seems a little silly at this point.
    And with how quickly omicron spreads having a test within 72 hours seems a bit pointless, too. Basically most people are going to try to get tested close to that 72 hour mark to make sure they get their results back in time.

  19. #2494
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Posts
    17
    I needed to get tested last night and had just read that discussion and I was actually thinking " for once there's an upside to this"
    Have a place near nelson that I haven't seen in 23 months.
    But it was negative- which I figured cause it just feels like a cold

    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I can see the rationale, but I can also say it's the only thing that has actually made me think "gee, maybe getting Covid wouldn't be so bad?" since this all started. And I know that's dumb reasoning, but I must admit I still thought about it.

  20. #2495
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    17,119
    Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    They need to end the testing requirement altogether if you are fully vaccinated and boasted. I am effectively stuck here until that happens. Trying to keep covid out of the country seems a little silly at this point.
    FIFY and I agree. All this testing on fully vaxed people is stoopid unless they have symptoms.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

  21. #2496
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Gaperville, CO
    Posts
    5,370
    I independently got to the same testing-positive conclusion.

    Scheduled a test for tomorrow -- 16 days prior to entry. If I pop a positive -- hoping I can recover by the planned trip. If it's negative...just have to be hella careful and hope that I test negative for the test I scheduled 3 days before entry. Nevermind that in those three days I am sharing a van with a friend carpooling up to there....

  22. #2497
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    288
    What would be ideal, would be if there was a reliable and quick anitbody test that would demonstrate you currently have adequate immunity from vaccinatioin or from having had Covid in the past. Perhaps that's a ways down the road, but I thought I read they do some form of antibody testing in Europe? I sure hope things become less complicated as 2022 proceeds but I'm not making any predictions.

  23. #2498
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    S-E-A-T-O-W-N
    Posts
    1,763
    I'm no expert but I've done way too much reading about COVID, off the top of my head:
    - antibodies are only one of the forms of protection your body has against viruses, lacking them doesn't necessarily mean you're not well protected
    - antibodies from a previous infection may be less effective against a new variant (having recovered from a previous variant is much less protection from Omicron infection, for example)
    - none of your body's forms of protection will guarantee you don't get infected, and get sick and/or spread it to others

    If you haven't checked it out yet, Your Local Epidemiologist is a great source of info. May have been mentioned in the previous 99 pages, I don't know.
    https://yourlocalepidemiologist.subs...specially-with
    that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's something else...

  24. #2499
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    288
    Cool website with a lot of great information, Thanks. I was just trying to make sense out of all of the different approaches to recording current vaccinations and requirements for boosters and demonstrating immunity. With an array of combinations of the existing vaccines and new vaccines/boosters that may emerge, trying to objective determine a current level of immunity could get challenging. I hope that future travel gets less complicated across borders US/Canada as well as to other parts of the world.

  25. #2500
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    none
    Posts
    7,843
    We just canceled our mid winter escape to the Bahamas. Looks like they may shut the boarder.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •