Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    It isn't the bickering, infighting, backstabbing, or political asshattery that turned this place into a soulless cesspool, it's threads like this and the people who start them.
    And yet here you are,contributing and loving every minute of it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    I attach mine every year with the biggest zipties you can get at the hardware store....way better than dealing with the corroded hardware.
    Good to know. I'll def keep that in mind.

I think there is a whole bunch of what one can get away with in this JONG thread vs what are the best practices

keep in mind if box flys off at freeway speed you might be liable for damages to someones car

might lose the box/everything in it
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I think there is a whole bunch of what one can get away with in this JONG thread vs what are the best practices

keep in mind if box flys off at freeway speed you might be liable for damages to someones car

might lose the box/everything in it
    Jerry almost killed Alkasquawlik in the stupidest way possible. Don't be Jerry.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    I have dealt with the little box puddles by drilling tiny drain holes in the spots where water sits. Small enough that standing water drip-drains out but salty road spray doesn’t get in.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    I keep a packing moving blanket in the bottom of my box. Help keep skis nice and not moving around. When I get home I dry skis and lay out moving blanket to dry. Then put moving blanket back and skis in. Works for me

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Whoa. Mind blown.
    May be my new thing
    . . .

In addition to the moving blanket, I put a small camping pillow under the heads of my skis so it all drains down to the back of the box where my drain holes are.

I'm probably going to rig a heating blanket up there for my skis this season.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    In addition to the moving blanket, I put a small camping pillow under the heads of my skis so it all drains down to the back of the box where my drain holes are.

I'm probably going to rig a heating blanket up there for my skis this season.
    My wife has caught me staring at my skis and bikes.
    I’m right there with you man.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    My wife has caught me staring at my skis and bikes.
    I’m right there with you man.
    After I tuck in my skis in the blanket and before I close the roofbox, I whisper (so my bros don't hear) 'Bye, Buddy!".

those moving blankets are pretty handy

last years trip to Moab they packed 13 bikes in a 15 passenger van with shipping blankets and drove to Vegas from narthern BC and no damage

I said really ? buddy said yeah shipping blankets is how the sales rep for (a really highend brand ) carries his bikes

I look at the abuse skis get when being used & I don't worry about skis in a box getting a few scuffs the ridges in the bottom keep the skis out of any puddled water in the tray

btw do not hang off that tray in really cold temps trying to get the skis out, tray on mine cracked with a noise like a gunshot
    Last edited by XXX-er; 10-19-2020 at 10:41 AM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Yup, it's a natural thing to do, but never grab the side of the tray trying to get up into the box. A good epoxy and gorilla tape will fix those cracks, though. That tape is amazing. Hasn't peeled in five years.

I lined the bottom of mine with fairly heavy outdoor doormats, and do the moving blanket thing, too.