Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLarsen View Post
    Yep, lots of outdoor people. High profile, both athletes and guides as well, usually with quite extensive networks within the outdoor community.

As an avalanche instructor in Norway, I've already heard lots of reactions within the fairly small community of certified instructors in Norway. And the almost unanimous disgust with Pieps/BDs way of handling this situation isn't exactly perfect for them. Before you know it, most, if not all, of the people teaching avy courses are urging their students/clients to stay away from Pieps/BD when looking for new beacons. All of this simply because of how they have handled this.

I mean, I'm perfectly happy with my Pieps beacons. And I actually got my DSP Pro replaced with a Pro BT (the new one with the different locking mechanism, which seems solid) free of charge by the Norwegian dealer, after voicing concerns when learning of Nick's accident this past spring. However, in light of how Pieps/BD has handled this publicly these past few days, I simply can't recommend buying a Pieps/BD beacon to anyone. I have even become skeptical of buying climbing equipment or other stuff from BD myself. So I think this can hurt way more than they actually think..
    im not an instructor or expert but if i was id tell students the same thing i tell my partners
    use whatever functioning beacon you feel you use with the best speed accuracy and skill
    cause when the shit done hit the fan
    it'll matter
    for me its a peips
    and thankfully an older one that i can not get the switch to not perform as it should
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    Yo poliassfuckers
    theres a special basement for your lame shit

https://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/op...UMggjvqPBQwoMA

A good artical connecting all the dots by Vince Shuley
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

“We are working on the solution, but right now the data is telling us we don’t have a recallable device according to the standards set for the industry,” explained Dicuollo. “But we’re listening to the community and we know that it’s not necessarily just about data … it also has to do with confidence. We’re interested in the safety of all backcountry skiers and we’re taking it very seriously.”
    At least it seems they are listening.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post

some good info, thanks for posting that

Considering some of the models they reference have a different mode switch, Iím not convinced that firm knows whatís going on.

Iím pretty convinced quite a few people donít know the difference between the models but theyíre OUTRAGED anyway.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

A couple days ago there was a FB link to global news so average folks could watch the story while they were eating dinner

and now we got a class action with a Vangroovy law firm

so much for the story just fading away

Ambulance chasing, winter edition...
    Yo mama's so fat her patronus is cake

I acused L hutz esq of being an ambulance chaser to which he replied

" I am volenteer FD so we get there before the ambulance "

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post

I do not think he connected all the dots. Did the dead skier or Mcnut check to see if their beacons were working after the beacon test before they dropped in. Was Mcnut the last perform to go on search when doing the beacon check? I mentioned that I skied the entire day with my beacon off. We performed beacon check and I am sure I pressed the lock when going back to search and inadvertently went into off mode. This is very easy to do with this beacon. I am not a professional but am fairly experienced backcountry skier and I made this mistake. Since the beacons were inspected and found to be working fine I tend to think this could be the issue.
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    I do not think he connected all the dots. Did the dead skier or Mcnut check to see if their beacons were working after the beacon test before they dropped in. Was Mcnut the last perform to go on search when doing the beacon check? I mentioned that I skied the entire day with my beacon off. We performed beacon check and I am sure I pressed the lock when going back to search and inadvertently went into off mode. This is very easy to do with this beacon. I am not a professional but am fairly experienced backcountry skier and I made this mistake. Since the beacons were inspected and found to be working fine I tend to think this could be the issue.
    I found it useful from the perspective of some of the interactions with and response from BD that I hadn't read elsewhere.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I thot Vince did a good job of putting it all in one spot from a connecting the dots perspective,

I will ask the dead guy when I see him on the other side eh