Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    When you look up a Clarus Corporation, the owners of Black Diamond and Pieps, the first page is all about sales and financial results.
    https://www.claruscorp.com/

Just sayin’. Wonder what Yvon thinks about all this.

I asked about a timeline because the original 1-2 weeks they had originally estimated went over by a week. This was the nothing response I got in return:

“ You are in the queue for two new replacement Pro BT beacons to ship out as soon as possible. We are replacing these in the order in which they were received. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding.”

https://www.blackdiamondequipment.co...epairs.html#NA

They sent me here to file a claim.

I called today & emailed

I noticed in reviewing my correspondence that my previous email seeking info I apparently had replied to an address that said "do not reply to this email". OK, my incompetence is why I haven't heard anything...so I sent another to a legitimate address & modified the text a bit to add additional info.

On the phone, I mentioned to the customer service rep I had also emailed. She said she found my email & said someone would be in contact via email w/in 24 hrs. OK, thanks, call finished.

10mins later I get an email that quotes from my first email [to the address that says don't reply] that says they'll replace my beacon...great BUT...nothing noting I sent them two beacons. Also they ask not to request the shipping number unless critical. And, if i don't see a package from them in 3wks, to call back...

Then an email asking me to rate the support I received with two links (one good, the other bad). I think I will wait to click on one of those...

Pieps Beacons under fire

Got the same response today after I asked on the status of my bacons... they are Shipping me an equivalent replacement.

I lol’d when I got a survey right after haha!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I decided to call today and got the same “we put an order in, the replacements will ship out shortly; only contact us if they’re not there in 3 weeks” email shortly after.

Seems like one has to call to get any movement. We’ll see if they actually show up in less than 3 weeks. At this point, I’m not banking on it.

This seems to be the trend. Call to check status or complain about offer and get quick email response.... and survey.

Just received a FedEx shipment notification. Doesn't specify anything like model, and only appears to contain 1 unit (I returned both a Pro and a Sport). Perhaps my inquiry helped speed the response. Cautiously optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    I called today & emailed

I noticed in reviewing my correspondence that my previous email seeking info I apparently had replied to an address that said "do not reply to this email". OK, my incompetence is why I haven't heard anything...so I sent another to a legitimate address & modified the text a bit to add additional info.

On the phone, I mentioned to the customer service rep I had also emailed. She said she found my email & said someone would be in contact via email w/in 24 hrs. OK, thanks, call finished.

10mins later I get an email that quotes from my first email [to the address that says don't reply] that says they'll replace my beacon...great BUT...nothing noting I sent them two beacons. Also they ask not to request the shipping number unless critical. And, if i don't see a package from them in 3wks, to call back...

Then an email asking me to rate the support I received with two links (one good, the other bad). I think I will wait to click on one of those...
    Update:
    I followed up to that email requesting clarification re: one beacon in warranty & one not

They confirmed the one in warranty is being replaced & shipped to me. For the beacon not in warranty they offered a link to purchase at $100. [ETA]this is the old gray/yellow DSP. Getting a current Pieps Pro for each.[/ETA]

That is completely satisfactory to me.

I did the support rating email & gave them a Good rating. I added the comment that, while communication wasn't the best, they did take the opportunity to do the right thing each time the situation arose.
    Last edited by ::: :::; 12-01-2020 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Added info re: beacon out of warranty

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    I did the support rating email & gave them a Good rating. I added the comment that, while communication wasn't the best, they did take the opportunity to do the right thing each time the situation arose.
    Meaning if people harass them they did the right thing? That's bs in my mind. You shouldn't have numerous people correcting them to get the proper response. Either extended warranty counts or it doesn't. It's pretty simple. I would have been fine if they stuck to the 2 year warranty only, and credit for anything older, but jesus, pick a plan and stick to it. This isn't that complicated.

I'm just going to hang on to the older version and go a different route when I upgrade, but do appreciate that feedback.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Got an email from FedEx yesterday letting me know I've got a package coming from BD. They received my beacons early to mid November, estimated delivery date is Thursday.

I bought both of mine used and looking up original purchase dates they're both about that 5 year old mark. I purchased them back in September and October and those were the dates I gave BD when submitting my claim, they upgraded me free of charge.

Pieps Beacons under fire

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    Meaning if people harass them they did the right thing? That's bs in my mind. You shouldn't have numerous people correcting them to get the proper response. Either extended warranty counts or it doesn't. It's pretty simple. I would have been fine if they stuck to the 2 year warranty only, and credit for anything older, but jesus, pick a plan and stick to it. This isn't that complicated.
    That’s valid and understandable

I guess I hadn’t really gotten to them choosing a wrong path & me correcting them as much as them bumbling along and then when confronted with me asking for clarity, they chose to keep me as a customer instead of doubling down and going hardline asshole mode

You’re right that they could be more proactive in doing the right thing from the start

Like issuing a recall

But I’m getting two Pieps pros and turning in a DSP Sport and a yellow/gray DSP for $100; so I’m happy with that

Quote Originally Posted by m1b8ac View Post
    Got an email from FedEx yesterday letting me know I've got a package coming from BD. They received my beacons early to mid November, estimated delivery date is Thursday.
    Encouraging; my beacons were received on Nov 10th, but three weeks later no word. I emailed them yesterday to ask about shipment dates, so hopefully something heads my way this week.

I sent them an email last week, didn't get any response until this email containing shipping details.

It took exactly 1 month from me sending in the beacons to new ones arriving today. I want to say it’s a good thing there’s no snow in Tahoe but that doesn’t sound right.

Exactly one month for me too. Shipped it to them on 11/2. Just got a new beacon back today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Just got word that I'll be getting a free replacement and it's shipping soon. They received it on November 9th... That pretty damn good I think. Don't really feel like the DSP I sent in really owed me anything.

Pro BT landed on my porch today. Got a model upgrade from the DSP Sport I sent in. Took about a month from when we mailed it in until this replacement arrived, with no updates or notifications whatsoever in that time, and no calls or emails on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by Wawawa View Post
    Pro BT landed on my porch today. Got a model upgrade from the DSP Sport I sent in. Took about a month from when we mailed it in until this replacement arrived, with no updates or notifications whatsoever in that time, and no calls or emails on my part.
    Hopefully me next

FWIW...

I had a Pieps DSP Sport from 2016 that I purchased from the BD website (discounted 20% at the time). I had my online receipt. My beacon had a small crack in the display. It still worked but I had already upgraded this summer to a Mammut beacon before this whole thing blew up. I was planning on the Pieps being a backup/loaner beacon anyways. I'll usually keep my old beacon in the car for the inevitable time when someone forgets theirs. Happens at least once every season it seems. I also use it for the occasional beacon search practice. I was contemplating not upgrading but I figured I should have a device that doesn't have these safety concerns if someone's actually using it.

-Filed my warranty claim Oct 28
    -Nov 6 heard back from them stating they'd offer me a $100 upgrade. They included a shipping label for sending back my current beacon. I shipped it back a few days later, not entirely sure of the exact shipping date on my part.
    -Nov 25 they sent me an email with the discount code for my $100 beacon.
    -Nov 28 I purchased the discounted beacon (Pro BT) from the BD website using the code
    -Beacon arrived on my porch Dec 2

I'm satisfied with the outcome. This all blew up pretty quickly. I'm sure they were pretty quickly overwhelmed with requests, especially with COVID impacts.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Encouraging; my beacons were received on Nov 10th, but three weeks later no word. I emailed them yesterday to ask about shipment dates, so hopefully something heads my way this week.
    Just got a follow up 48hrs later, which is at least something, but could mean a few more weeks, we'll see:

"Thank you for sending in your DSP model beacon. We have entered a replacement order for an equivalent beacon from the new BT series. The replacement will ship out shortly to the address that you provided when you entered your claim. If you do not receive your replacement beacon within 3 weeks, please let us know. Thank you for your patience and understanding."

Just got my replacement beacon yesterday (BT Pro), as with most it took about a month since I returned by Sport. Vague communication but happy with the end result. Now if we could just get a bit more snow so that I can put it to use, that'd be great.

lol, they sent me a second code for $100 purchase
    i'm not going to use it (or share it)

customer service team is probably getting hammered (prolly in both senses of the word)

Another data point/timeline from me:

Contacted Pieps - 2020-10-25

Received shipping label - 2020-11-03

Sent beacon from Nelson, BC - 2020-11-09

Fedex confirmed delivery to SLC, Utah - 2020-11-17

Received code/ordered Pieps Pro BT - 2020-11-27

Still waiting for the new beacon to be delivered. Faulty DSP Sport was just older than the 5 year warranty I had signed up for, provided with promo code for Pieps pro for $100.

Joining this thread. Had a Pieps DSP Pro that I bought used from someone on here a couple of seasons ago. Submitted service claim 10/28 and received shipping label 11/6. Received the following email this morning, 12/3:

Thank you for sending in your DSP model beacon. We have entered a replacement order for an equivalent beacon from the new BT series. The replacement will ship out shortly to the address that you provided when you entered your claim. We use Fed Ex Smartpost as a shipping method for the majority of orders shipping within the US. For all international orders, we use Fed Ex International Economy. To help us reduce the volume of responses in our inbox, please do not respond asking for tracking information unless absolutely necessary. If you do not receive your replacement beacon within 3 weeks, please let us know. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
    Regards,
    Pieps Service Center
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))