Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Ya, that's the one I got Dec 31st. 2 full months and two emails later, and nothing.
    Yeah, I’m not holding my breath, as it’s been four months of this. But the last few communications have had no ETA or info because of no inventory... So getting an indication that they have something ready to ship is a small cause for hope.

This looks like something I would have designed in a freshman intro to engineering class.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    I forget - had you mailed your beacon in or just filed a warranty claim?
    Claim filed. I should have sent it without an authorization...

Just got a FedEx shipping notification email, so it looks like we’ll have the second beacon next week.

/saga

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I don’t think this is going to go well for BD / Pieps. The new harness is cute and all but I think they should replace the old beacons with dodgy switches.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    I’m curious how it helps people who like to put them in a pocket? BD makes pants with special Pieps pockets...
    Same. Any worries about falling with the new hardshell harness? Sounds like an easy way to break a rib or hairline fracture a leg.

Wow. I am surprised and amazed!

Hi Hound,

Sorry for the delay in processing your claim. Due to the pandemic, we are behind in all services.

A replacement order of a new Pieps Powder BT Avalanche Beacon has been entered, and your item will ship shortly.

I have attached a shipping label for you to print and mail back the old DSP Sport.

Thank You,
    BD service center

nice

Well, the end of the saga happened today.
    Got a note a couple days ago apologizing for mixing up my return - had to remind them upon receiving an email that I had received my return in Dec (true for one beacon) that I had sent in my Pro and Sport in the same return package (as requested) - and that due to issues with inventory I was getting a BD Guide.
    Came home today and a package was waiting containing a Pieps Powder.
    Despite the time, can't complain about the final result.

So tomorrow I have a day off and with kiddo in school, the wife and I can go on a little tour together.

very nice

I got a US recall email today

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    I got a US recall email today
    As did I. Apparently the record of my covered beacon already being in their hands didn't get everywhere in their computer system.

I'm glad I got mine returned early enough to get a new beacon rather than the updated harness. It seems like it should address the issue, but the newer beacon gives me much more of a warm and fuzzy feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    As did I. Apparently the record of my covered beacon already being in their hands didn't get everywhere in their computer system.

I'm glad I got mine returned early enough to get a new beacon rather than the updated harness. It seems like it should address the issue, but the newer beacon gives me much more of a warm and fuzzy feeling.
    I didn't read into the email to see the actual recall. No transceiver replacement in that email.

It's just the replacement harness bullshit -- they want to 3d print the problem away with more plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    I didn't read into the email to see the actual recall. No transceiver replacement in that email.

It's just the replacement harness bullshit -- they want to 3d print the problem away with more plastic.
    Yup. Pretty much resigned to just throwing 2 beacons in the trash now. Not interested in their half-assed plastic solution.

Fuck, been waiting til summer to send mine in, looks like I missed my chance for the upgrade? Well I'll at least try an angry phone call before giving up.

my new girlfriend is a an advocate of the “strongly worded letter”

I hadn't used mine this season and was waiting to see what they were going to do...apparently jack shit. Eat shit Black Diamond.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Yup. Pretty much resigned to just throwing 2 beacons in the trash now. Not interested in their half-assed plastic solution.
    Not impressed either. Well, at least I now have two beacons for multi-burial search practice :-(

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 04-12-2021 at 02:46 PM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Why are they asking us to carry something in a hard plastic case? Seems like their solution will lead to broken ribs. Bummer, I liked the beacon. Using the wife's Mammut now.

I’ve had two sets of broken ribs from wearing a beacon in a chest harness. I have a secure pant pocket I’ve gone to using... not thinking that will work now.

Pretty upset by this. I don’t want to use the beacon going forward but also don’t feel right selling it.

Quote Originally Posted by hafjell View Post
    Why are they asking us to carry something in a hard plastic case? Seems like their solution will lead to broken ribs. Bummer, I liked the beacon. Using the wife's Mammut now.

That hard plastic beacon case isn’t going to fit very well in my PIEPS Pocket™.

They are still offering the $100 replacement if you ask.

What an enormous piece of shit.

Someone should put their Pieps beacon over fire instead of under it.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er