Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
    I have an extra if you need one
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Not really about pieps beacon but I couldn’t find a great place to ask this. How long does BD’s warranty process usually run? It’s been 6ish weeks and I still haven’t heard back from them about some broken poles

Quote Originally Posted by ma8c9c View Post
    Not really about pieps beacon but I couldn’t find a great place to ask this. How long does BD’s warranty process usually run? It’s been 6ish weeks and I still haven’t heard back from them about some broken poles
    this year has been a lot longer 10-12 weeks minimum
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

I bet they wish they had come up with that new locking harness before the replaced thousands of beacons.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    I bet they wish they had come up with that new locking harness before the replaced thousands of beacons.
    seems like they're headed toward a switch re-design either way

it's just another bandaid

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Glad I jumped on early and got mine replaced with a new model. I'm a fan of beacon pockets on my pants vs harness style.

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk

so, their solution is basically the same as the people who were 3D printing plastic lock pieces?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Solid use of quotes in your article. Seems like Pieps and McNutt sum it up well:

(Pieps: ) "...tests have shown that the lock/switch mechanism on the DSP PRO, DSP PRO ICE and DSP SPORT meets all relevant safety standards. (Because, McNutt: ) "...the bar is way too low surrounding switch design. It’s up to each brand to decide how to make their device change modes...."

thanks

Does that mean that instead of replacing my beacon they are going to send me a plastic adapter?

I'm pretty sure they just issued a voluntary recall which means they'll probably replace it with a new one. I did not verify.

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    I'm pretty sure they just issued a voluntary recall which means they'll probably replace it with a new one. I did not verify.
    the recall (in Europe) is now just for the harness, not the beacon, as I understand it.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    Does that mean that instead of replacing my beacon they are going to send me a plastic adapter?
    If you’ve already sent a beacon in, it appears it will be fully replaced.

I emailed them again today, as it’s now been four months since they received our beacons and still no word on my wife’s replacement ETA.

Today’s email:

Dear P Hound:

We know you have been waiting a long time for a solution to your beacon claim, and we thank you for your patience during this time. Pieps has announced today that they will be launching a program within Europe to deliver a completely redesigned carrying system for the DSP sport, Pro, and Ice model beacons that will improve the integrity of the locking mechanism and ensure that the transceiver is set on “send” mode before use and remains on “send” throughout use.

Black Diamond, as the North American distributor for Pieps, is working with the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) to implement a similar program in the US and Canada. Additional information will be released as soon as the details of the program have been finalized with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.

By submitting a warranty claim for a DSP beacon, you have automatically been put at the top of the list for when this solution is launched.

Thank you,
    Black Diamond Service Center

Pieps Beacons under fire

What about the cracks on the lock mechanism is there a solution for that

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by ADKmike; 03-04-2021 at 10:28 AM.

I’m curious how it helps people who like to put them in a pocket? BD makes pants with special Pieps pockets...

Sent off another email today. It's been since Nov since I sent in my beacons, for which I received one replacement. Last I received any correspondence for the second was Dec 31st. So given the new harness option, will they send me a 'refurbished' older model with the new harness, or a new model I wonder.

Jesus Christ, what a shit show

What a chintzy piece of bullshit that new harness is.

I was willing to give BD/Pieps the benefit of the doubt when they were replacing the shit beacons with new ones. But if they start sending these harnesses out and saying it fixes the issue, I’m gonna say everybody should just go buy a Barryvox. Probably should do that anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    Today’s email:

Dear P Hound:

We know you have been waiting a long time for a solution to your beacon claim, and we thank you for your patience during this time. Pieps has announced today that they will be launching a program within Europe to deliver a completely redesigned carrying system for the DSP sport, Pro, and Ice model beacons that will improve the integrity of the locking mechanism and ensure that the transceiver is set on “send” mode before use and remains on “send” throughout use.

Black Diamond, as the North American distributor for Pieps, is working with the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) to implement a similar program in the US and Canada. Additional information will be released as soon as the details of the program have been finalized with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.

By submitting a warranty claim for a DSP beacon, you have automatically been put at the top of the list for when this solution is launched.

Thank you,
    Black Diamond Service Center
    I forget - had you mailed your beacon in or just filed a warranty claim?

Just got a promising email, at least it indicates we'll still get a replacement not the new harness:

Thank you for sending in your DSP model beacon. We have entered a replacement order for an equivalent beacon(s) from the new BT series. The replacement will ship out shortly to the address that you provided when you entered your claim. We use FedEx Ground for the majority of our domestic shipments (unless going to a PO Box). For all international orders, we use Fed Ex International Economy. FedEx will send tracking information in a separate email once the beacon has shipped. This may take several days as our distribution center is extremely busy this time of year. If you do not receive your replacement beacon within 3 weeks, please let us know. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,

Pieps Service Center

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Just got a promising email, at least it indicates we'll still get a replacement not the new harness:
    Ya, that's the one I got Dec 31st. 2 full months and two emails later, and nothing.