Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
    Got mine in the mail yestersay. Happy to see they upgraded my sport beacon to a pro. Believe I got my shipping notification on the 1st of December so pretty good shipping time in my eyes (I'm in Canada).

I've been happy with my service from BD, sure the communication wasn't the best but I can understand why it could have been lacking. The turnaround time was decent, just unfortunate some other peoples experience wasn't the same.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting on theirs, hopefully you get it soon and can get out and earn some turns

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    wife took my old dps pro in to the slc bd where they have a return kiosk
    got a pieps pro bt in the mail today 2 weeks later
    cant bitch much bout that
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Anyone who returned theirs have the tether still and don't need it?

I have an older dsp tour and can't seem to find my tether.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Pieps Beacons under fire

I have an extra tether. PM me your address.
    Last edited by ~mikey b; 12-12-2020 at 11:31 PM.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Received a Pro BT today, sent in my Sport model that was within the 2 year warranty.

Took a month and a half, but I can’t complain for an upgrade. Also gave them good feedback, yes communication sucked but know they’re busy.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Both of mine have been replaced now . . . given the scope of the problem, I gave them a thumbs up on the survey.

What does the Pro do that's better or different than the Sport?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Pieps Beacons under fire

Pieps Beacons under fire

Last edited by dcpnz; 12-16-2020 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Deleted

Got mine today... This thing is a slick little unit! Stoked!

Replacement beacon (PIEPS PRO BT) was delivered to my house yesterday.
    Started the process November 6, replacement delivered December 18.
    Good 'nuff. No complaints.

Pieps Beacons under fire

Well, this is unideal (but not surprising):

We apologize for the delay in resolving your case. We have recently encountered a company wide beacon shortage which is preventing us from sending out replacements. We realize this is a massive inconvenience and are working hard to find the best solution for our customers. We will reach out as soon as we can with an update. At this time, we have no ETA on new beacons and have only heard they are “in transit”.

I emailed BD on 12/1 asking for an update on our beacons that they’d had for 3weeks. A replacement for me showed up a week later but nothing for my wife. I emailed yesterday, as we’d passed the 3week mark again, and got the above response. Sounds like they’re in the middle of the ocean currently??

Last edited by alpinevibes; 12-23-2020 at 11:59 AM.

Pieps Beacons under fire

PSA, for the huge group of us that are all on the exact same beacon now, there was a software update the other day

dsp pro replaced with bt pro.

i find the processor is noticeably slower, but once it locks on to a signal, it is really locked on and takes ya right to it. find i just need to slow down my coarse search and it works great.
    Still like my personal barryvox S more, but the bt pro feels more user friendly and idiot-proof. the barryvox S is definitely better suited to an advanced professional user.
    how are other people finding it?

Quote Originally Posted by sweatypowderpig View Post
    dsp pro replaced with bt pro.

i find the processor is noticeably slower, but once it locks on to a signal, it is really locked on and takes ya right to it. find i just need to slow down my coarse search and it works great.
    Still like my personal barryvox S more, but the bt pro feels more user friendly and idiot-proof. the barryvox S is definitely better suited to an advanced professional user.
    how are other people finding it?
    Love that it is a seamless transition from the DSP to this model... I was borrowing a different beacon while the warranty process was playing out, and shit you don't really realize how important that familiarity/instinctive use element is.

Aside from that the BT pro seemes slightly more refined in every manner than my old DSP. I'm stoked so far!

Got my BT pro the other day, $100 bucks. In light of our current world seems like it was a good resolution.

Here’s to ‘21

Quote Originally Posted by beeeom View Post
    ...you don't really realize how important that familiarity/instinctive use element is...
    QFT. Worth repeating and emphasizing.

Bump.

Anybody hearing updates on BD getting more inventory or anyone received a replacement in the last 2-3 weeks?

My email from them on 12/23 had no ETA and silence since..

Haven’t heard a peip.

nuthin

I’ve been waiting a month since my beacon was delivered to BD. I talked to them on the phone yesterday and they said they are out of stock. Said 3-4 weeks until beacons are back in stock, and they can start shipping replacements again. I’m glad I bought a back-up beacon before sending mine off.

As previously reported, I received one replacement in about a month's time, near the beginning of dec. I sent another email asking about the other unit in the first week of Jan. Got a reply about 3 days later similar to a previous email, that a new unit would be sent out via fedex and should receive within 3 weeks. No statement on inventory or anything. Just to inquire again after the 3wks elapse and no receipt. So far my wife and I have been staggering our use as our schedules have not aligned to head out to the local backcountry area together yet. I'll be able to borrow another from work if we do manage to get out together, so no stress here, but am looking forward to receiving that other beacon.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    As previously reported, I received one replacement in about a month's time, near the beginning of dec. I sent another email asking about the other unit in the first week of Jan. Got a reply about 3 days later similar to a previous email, that a new unit would be sent out via fedex and should receive within 3 weeks. No statement on inventory or anything. Just to inquire again after the 3wks elapse and no receipt. So far my wife and I have been staggering our use as our schedules have not aligned to head out to the local backcountry area together yet. I'll be able to borrow another from work if we do manage to get out together, so no stress here, but am looking forward to receiving that other beacon.
    Yeah, exact same situation and timing here. Sounds like per TCK’s call we’ll just wait to see the 2nd ones in Feb

Tonight’s email from Pieps:

Dear Hound,
    We are very sorry about the long delay in your beacon claim. We recognize the inconvenience this causes and are working as hard as we can to answer every claim as quickly as possible. We are working hard to settle all DSP related claims, but due to supply and manufacturing constraints, there is still a very long line of customers that we are working through. We have not forgotten you and will reach out as soon as we can with a solution.
    We appreciate your patience as we work through this difficult situation,
    Pieps Customer Service

Called them again just now to ask about an update after another 5 weeks. They still don't have an ETA for BD receiving more beacons to provide; another victim of global supply chain constraints.

Cust service lady said "I could tell you a month, but that wouldn't necessarily be accurate." Great...