Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
    This thread is starting to remind me of that automated “this call may monitored for quality control purposes” call centre lead-in.

My Pro BT just arrived.

FYI it needed an update from the Pieps app straight out of the box. The App is pretty cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

So some folks who purchased beacons used presumably with no transferable warranty are getting replacements at no cost and others who have verifiable proof of purchase within extended warranty are getting $100 upgrade vouchers????

Thats BS!

FWIW waiting patiently with no new info since mine were delivered in SLC 11/16

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    So some folks who purchased beacons used presumably with no transferable warranty are getting replacements at no cost and others who have verifiable proof of purchase within extended warranty are getting $100 upgrade vouchers????

Thats BS!

FWIW waiting patiently with no new info since mine were delivered in SLC 11/16
    Many people were originally offered the $100 upgrade. However, it seems that anyone who responded to that offer with a polite email inquiring as to why they were not getting a free replacement, got a free replacement.

Yes, it is a BS way of doing this, but at least it seems like they are replacing them if you ask.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I'm certainly happy with the outcome for me personally, but was grousing earlier in the thread due to:
    a) what sounded like other people getting screwed over on the warranty period
    b) wearing my crabby old bastard hat

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Many people were originally offered the $100 upgrade. However, it seems that anyone who responded to that offer with a polite email inquiring as to why they were not getting a free replacement, got a free replacement.

Yes, it is a BS way of doing this, but at least it seems like they are replacing them if you ask.
    My emails were not so polite and I’m getting free replacements after they initially quoted $100/per (while providing receipts with the initial claim).

Just got a fedex notification to expect them Monday. Almost five weeks without and 6-7 weeks of correspondence and flakey communication on their end.

I’m glad this ordeal is coming to an end. Still will be looking elsewhere for equipment from here on. They need to work on consistency in their messages and manage expectations better (ie not giving optimistic timelines they can’t deliver on).

Quote Originally Posted by HurtonBair View Post
    My emails were not so polite and I’m getting free replacements after they initially quoted $100/per (while providing receipts with the initial claim).

Just got a fedex notification to expect them Monday. Almost five weeks without and 6-7 weeks of correspondence and flakey communication on their end.

I’m glad this ordeal is coming to an end. Still will be looking elsewhere for equipment from here on. They need to work on consistency in their messages and manage expectations better (ie not giving optimistic timelines they can’t deliver on).
    Well, I was giving everyone the benefit of the doubt on the politeness of the emails, lol. But it seems like everyone who got the $100 offer and emailed them back questioning why it wasn't a free replacement ended up with a free replacement.

It seems as if they prioritized getting $100 from some people (those who didn't ask) over consistent messaging and doing right by everyone from the outset. But I am just guessing.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post

FYI it needed an update from the Pieps app straight out of the box. The App is pretty cool.
    Anybody else getting an error code trying to upgrade the software?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Toad View Post
    Anybody else getting an error code trying to upgrade the software?
    Nope. Was super easy. Create account in the app. Pair with BT (turn beacon on while holding down flag button) and it took less than 30 seconds to upload.

I did that and got this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3C6E48D9-1E12-4FB8-A973-533FFF0670E6.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	142.5 KB 
ID:	351031

Maybe there will be a recall?

Or perhaps just a box fan failure in the server room?

“In case of further problems please contact PIEPS”

Uh... no.

I know there’s a lawsuit, but has anyone considered contacting the CPSC about this?
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    I know there’s a lawsuit
    In Canada. Don't think anything has been filed in the U.S. yet.

I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    My Pro BT just arrived.

Same here. Got a new Pieps Pro BT via UPS today. Looks like it shipped on Nov 30. They received my old model on Nov 09, which isn't too bad a turn around. Would've been nice if there'd been *any* communication along the way, but kudos to them for making it right.

Updating my beacon was similarly easy to PNWbrit. 36 seconds start to finish. Made an account in the app and updated it straight away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    They have apparently replaced (for free) some beacons that weren't even in the extended warranty period, what the fuck?
    Mine was bought in Jan of 2018 making it 2.x years old when I sent them the receipt. They never offered me $100 or anything. Just sent me a FedEx label to send in the beacon. It arrived Nov 09, I got an automated email saying they had a lot of volume and would be sending out replacement beacons in the future. I sent an email at the end of Oct and they told me to file a warranty claim, which I did on Nov 1st or 2nd.

Crickets until today when my replacement arrived. They shipped it Nov 30.

Just got a new Pro shipped to me today, about a month of waiting, and my original that I sent in was a week or so past the five year extended warranty.

Same as above, received my bacon yesterday. Fried it up today. All seems to work and very happy with the outcome!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Same as above, received my bacon yesterday. Fried it up today. All seems to work and very happy with the outcome!

So, you could say, it was over easy?

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    So, you could say, it was over easy?

Definitely, glad we hashed this out.

just way too much stuff to read, I'm after some quick info. Seems like folks are able to file a warranty claim on the old yellow/grey one (I have a DSP Tour from maybe 2012 or 2013) and get the $100 upgrade code?
    Are people able to buy BD beacon as well as Pieps or only Pieps?

Seems like only the Pieps Pro is in stock right now but you never know by the time I potentially get a code what's gonna be available.

Quote Originally Posted by ctsmith View Post
    Just got a new Pro shipped to me today, about a month of waiting, and my original that I sent in was a week or so past the five year extended warranty.
    My new Pro showed up today. Haven't fired it up yet, but I'm happy with the outcome (if not psyched with the process).

New Pro arrived yesterday. Updated and practiced with it, so far so good with the new case/switch.

Still waiting for word on the second Pieps (Sport) I returned at the same time as my Pro. Was hoping that they were both in the same shipment, but unfortunately this didn't occur. Sent an email requesting a update on that one. Might have confused someone with combining them in the same shipment, but I have an email chain directing me to do just that, so we'll see.

got the notice for the second beacon shipping
    so, no 3wk wait in the end

Mine were supposed to arrive yesterday, but they're stuck in FedEx customs purgatory (I'm in Canada and this is common with FedEx pkgs from the US), so they'll probably arrive on my doorstep before I get my next tracking notification.