Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    What an enormous piece of shit.
    LOL that's what they sent you?!?! Good god. What a stupid saga this has been
    Last edited by ASmileyFace; 04-16-2021 at 05:32 PM.

oh man
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Looks comfy.

They actually carried through with that recall option plan?!? Oh my. I wonder what damage control analysis suggested that was the proper course of action? To be a fly on the wall in Yvon's office, or wherever he reflects on his legacy these days...

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    LOL that's what they sent you?!?! Good god. What a stupid saga this has been
    And to make it (slightly) worse, I specifically sent them an email saying that I didn't want their shitty plastic harness and I wanted the replacement beacon they were offering in the fall (which I signed up for, but they ran out of beacons before I got one).

So far, no reply to that email. The harness auto-shipped, apparently based on my request for the $100 trade in from last fall. I definitely did not make any new request for the plastic harness. So that sucks.

There is not much difference between the products in this category but this make it pretty big

whom amongst you is going to buy another pieps or will you just buy a barryvox next time ?

Already a Barryvox guy so its not a question i need to answer
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I still got codes for Barryvox
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Holy fuck what a monstrosity. Who wants to bet it doesn't fit in a PIEPS pocket™

Damn, I thought that photo was a joke at first.

Should I just pack a box with dog poop and send mine back to them?

Does it glow in the dark?
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

My dsp sport is seven years old so I’m not going to push for a brand new replacement but yeah, I just bought a barryvox. I figure I’ll just use the pieps as a practice beacon/backup.

The longer range of the barryvox alone was enough to make me want to switch.

Another annoyance: the beacon won't fit in the harness if it's in any mode other than send. Seems like that would be a significant pain in the ass in a bunch of scenarios.

I ordered a barryvox as soon as pieps announced their solution, but still, this is extra shitty.

next fall the Pieps folks will all be in the zoom sales meeting when buddy announces the figures are WAY down
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    next fall the Pieps folks will all be in the zoom sales meeting when buddy announces the figures are WAY down
    And their conclusion will be that there are so many happy folks who got replacement beacons (not harnesses), that it ate into demand.
    Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Another annoyance: the beacon won't fit in the harness if it's in any mode other than send. Seems like that would be a significant pain in the ass in a bunch of scenarios.

I ordered a barryvox as soon as pieps announced their solution, but still, this is extra shitty.
    So, it won't fit when in the "off" position either? I suppose that makes sense, given the design. It gets worse with every detail that surfaces, but hey ... next year, they can offer the "rib protection" upgrade - a layer of memory foam

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    So, it won't fit when in the "off" position either? I suppose that makes sense, given the design. It gets worse with every detail that surfaces, but hey ... next year, they can offer the "rib protection" upgrade - a layer of memory foam

... Thom
    Nope. Doesn't fit when in off, or in receive.

They just sent an email saying that my "new carrying system" is on the way, despite the fact that I filed my claim when they were replacing beacons that were still under warranty with new ones. Since the case makes the beacon useless for those of us who use a beacon pocket, I figured I'd call the number they left at the bottom of the email to remind them that they owe me a new beacon, not a useless piece of plastic.

Of course, the number asks for the extension of the person you are calling (they didn't give one) and hangs up after 3 tries. Even hitting 0 doesn't work. It's like BD is trying to kill any goodwill they had left. Unreal.
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedfreak View Post
    They just sent an email saying that my "new carrying system" is on the way, despite the fact that I filed my claim when they were replacing beacons that were still under warranty with new ones. Since the case makes the beacon useless for those of us who use a beacon pocket, I figured I'd call the number they left at the bottom of the email to remind them that they owe me a new beacon, not a useless piece of plastic.

Of course, the number asks for the extension of the person you are calling (they didn't give one) and hangs up after 3 tries. Even hitting 0 doesn't work. It's like BD is trying to kill any goodwill they had left. Unreal.
    I do not sell any of their ski stuff but I do work in a place that sells other BD stuff (including hardgoods) and I'm not inclined to recommend them going forward.

Anyone want a practice beacon?

What a dumpster fire. Can't believe this is what they are pushing out to the public after this long.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    I still got codes for Barryvox
    Any chance I could get 2 codes? If this is their fix it looks like our beacons are being downgraded to practice beacons. Such a terrible fix.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by m199ee View Post
    Any chance I could get 2 codes? If this is their fix it looks like our beacons are being downgraded to practice beacons. Such a terrible fix.

Shoot TGR member rontele a pm.

He's a rep for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Shoot TGR member rontele a pm.

He's a rep for them.
    Thanks! I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to PM. Turms out I need to post and not lurk haha

Quote Originally Posted by m199ee View Post
    Thanks! I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to PM. Turms out I need to post and not lurk haha

Yeah. Asking for free stuff your first post might seem a dick move.

Ron will see you right I'm sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Ron will see you right I'm sure.
    if rontele can't hook you up, i think i remember deep south mafia mentioning that he had some codes.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    if rontele can't hook you up, i think i remember deep south mafia mentioning that he had some codes.
    If neither of those options work out, I know that Bobby Stainless mentioned he still has a code or two.