Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bern43 View Post
    Just got my notification. My Pieps DSP Pro was under the extended warranty. $100 to "upgrade" because of the age of the beacon. It's still under warranty, so I'm annoyed. Going to call BD and see what I can do. Not expecting much.
    Same situation for me. I sent them an email asking why no replacement under warranty. I’ll probably call Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

please set some precedent for me

Quote Originally Posted by jerlane View Post
    Same situation for me. I sent them an email asking why no replacement under warranty. I’ll probably call Friday.

Me too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    Is that the warranty version or the older yellow body / gray switch version like this one?

Attachment 349536
    It’s the green/yellow warranty version.

These threads are always interesting because the reveal the corporate sycophants in the group.

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    It sounds like you got the initial email, not that they have your beacon in hand and sent that message? A lot of us got that message and got a free replacement with proof of extended warranty.

Just print your warranty card and include with the beacon. I don't think anyone on the forums that have included the extended warranty printout are having to pay for a beacon. Did you discuss this with BD, or just going off an email and haven't sent yours in yet?
    This. Either warranty card or proof of purchase. Can’t wiggle then

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    I sent mine in with warranty card and they still came back with the BS offer of $100 “upgrade.”

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    I included both and so far only a code for $100 replacement yesterday. Mine was 2.5 years old. Sent an email back and will call Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by bern43 View Post
    Just got my notification. My Pieps DSP Pro was under the extended warranty. $100 to "upgrade" because of the age of the beacon. It's still under warranty, so I'm annoyed. Going to call BD and see what I can do. Not expecting much.
    My pro was about a month within the extended warranty (4 years 11 months). I made it clear in my claim that I thought it was b.s. that they were charging people and that this should be a full recall. They upgraded me for free.

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk

I've tried to be mostly supportive of BD through this, and totally understand delays in processing. But honoring some warranties and not others is total bullshit. Fuck them, I won't be buying anything from them again.

Good luck to those of you dealing with this wish washy bs. They should be ashamed of their actions on this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 3PinGrin; 11-28-2020 at 10:04 AM.

I wonder if BD warranty folks ever doomscroll TRG

Mine was within the extended warranty and I put the printout in there, they offered me the 100 buck replacement. They are just shredding their goodwill with how they've handled this.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Mine was within the extended warranty and I put the printout in there, they offered me the 100 buck replacement. They are just shredding their goodwill with how they've handled this.
    Gone are the days when the ox fall down,
    Take up the yoke and plow the fields around.
    Damn! This ain't Yvonne's company no mo'. Of course, it hasn't been for quite some time

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Same for me. I'm going to try emailing back to see if they'll do any better, but given the recent posts here, I'm not so hopeful.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

They have apparently replaced (for free) some beacons that weren't even in the extended warranty period, what the fuck?
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I called this morning and got through after a five minute wait. The customer service rep couldn’t do a whole lot and suggested I reply to the email which I had already done. She said she would reach out to the warranty team to reply to my message. A few minutes later I got a response:

“Hi Jeremy,

Our apologies, we must have mixed up the purchase date of your beacon. A replacement order has been entered and your Pieps Pro BT will ship shortly.

Cheers,

BD service center”

At least they are taking care of mine, but they are handling the situation so poorly that it’s really going to leave a bad taste in people’s mouths. I’ve had better success with BD customer service in the past, so I probably won’t write the company off completely, but whoever is running the shoe on this situation needs to go.

I'm in the expired basic warranty, but active extended warranty camp. Got my code over the weekend for a $100 upgrade and I'll probably just do that... I didn't spend a whole lot on the original beacon and a pieps pro is in fact an upgrade... But Jesus seems like they just flip a coin when deciding how to respond to each claim. Not OK.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TGR Forums mobile app

After nearly 2 weeks of silence from the date that they recieved my beacon, I replied to the initial email with a polite message about how ski season was on the cusp of starting and I really need a beacon. A few days later I got the canned response with a code to get a replacement for $100.

For reference, I was within the 5 year warranty period by about 1 month. In addition, my multiple burial button did not work. Based on that, I really think that they should have offered to replace the thing for free but I wagered that properly communicating all of that would likely take several weeks, at which point they may not have a beacon to give me so I cut my losses, paid the $100 and ordered a new beacon. It should arrive later this week.

I'm not sure how to feel about it. I have some grace for a company getting overwhelmed with a warranty issue. Also, I did get 5 seasons of use out of the beacon so paying $100 for a replacement is a pretty good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by fleaches View Post
    I'm in the expired basic warranty, but active extended warranty camp. Got my code over the weekend for a $100 upgrade and I'll probably just do that... I didn't spend a whole lot on the original beacon and a pieps pro is in fact an upgrade... But Jesus seems like they just flip a coin when deciding how to respond to each claim. Not OK.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    Maybe I'm overly optimistic, but based on the "free replacement beyond two years" reports mostly being earlier, I'm guessing that the warranty folks were initially being customer-friendly (which is what I've heard BD tends to be), but at some point realized (or got told) that the sheer volume of beacons coming in meant that being nice was going to be too expensive and they needed to stick to the written policy.

I do feel that it's not exactly fair that my under-three-year-old Pro is going to cost the same to replace with the new flagship model as lower-tier models that are years older, but I also can see why they didn't want to have some extensive rubric to look up replacement cost ("oh, let's see, a four-year-old Sport model, going to a Pro, will cost $xxx, and the six-year-old Pro model going to the Micro will be $yyy").

As I mentioned previously, I responded (yesterday) to the customer service email with a polite but pointed reminder that it was within the five-year extended warranty.

I got another email today reporting that they were shipping me the equivalent BD beacon via FedEx SmartPost and requesting that I please not reply in search of tracking info unless absolutely necessary, or not seeing the beacon within three weeks. Given that it's currently 34 degrees and pissing rain, I can absolutely live with that resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    As I mentioned previously, I responded (yesterday) to the customer service email with a polite but pointed reminder that it was within the five-year extended warranty.

I got another email today reporting that they were shipping me the equivalent BD beacon via FedEx SmartPost and requesting that I please not reply in search of tracking info unless absolutely necessary, or not seeing the beacon within three weeks. Given that it's currently 34 degrees and pissing rain, I can absolutely live with that resolution.
    I just received the same email.

This has nothing to do with being nice. They have not had a standard unified response the entire time. Frankly they shouldn't offer the 5 year extended warranty if they don't want to stand by it. For the record they gave me a new one no charge at 2.5 years early on, I included documentation with my beacon. I trust the device but am pretty disappointed in the handling of this, though I'm sure it absolutely sucks to deal with the thousands of beacons coming in.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

I included my extended warranty in the box and got the $100 offer, changed to free after the polite warranty reminder email response.

So weird.

I sent an email last night, asking how the process was going, and could I receive an expectation of when and how I might acquire a new beacon - and mentioned that the season here is well underway.

This was the response I just received:
    "After a long delay, we finally have replacements back in stock and are shipping them out as fast as we can. You can expect an email with tracking info from Fedex when your beacon ships. If you are waiting to purchase a replacement at a discount, you will receive information shortly.

We apologize for the long wait and appreciate your patience,

-Pieps Customer Service"

It would have been nice to know if my claim merited a new beacon, or a discount on a new beacon. Mine were just under a year past their 5yr extended warranty, so I can be fine with a discount, but the ambiguity of their response strikes me as a canned reply. Will poke them again if I receive nothing else by the weekend. FTR, it's been 3wks since Fedex says they receive my beacons, and the email saying they were snowed under and might be a week or two in processing my claim.

No response to my email
    Gonna call tomorrow
    they’ve had my transceivers since halloween