Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HukuTa_KydecHuk View Post
    At least you got an RA. It's been 10 days since I sent my warranty certificate and no reply whatsoever
    I finally got mine yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Email received today:

Thank you for sending in your DSP model beacon along with that proof of extended warranty through 2021. We have entered a replacement order for an equivalent beacon from the new BT series. The replacement will ship out shortly to the address that you provided when you entered your claim. We use Fed Ex Smartpost as a shipping method for the majority of orders shipping within the US. For all international orders, we use Fed Ex International Economy. To help us reduce the volume of responses in our inbox, please do not respond asking for tracking information unless absolutely necessary. If you do not receive your replacement beacon within 3 weeks, please let us know. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,
    Pieps Service Center

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

so that’s bullshit that you folks are getting inconsistent messages

without joking and being an asshole - I think y’all have a legal case - this is why the CPSC does recalls - and why ambulance chasers file dodgy class action suits
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by Drazzamatazz View Post
    So much for consistency.

"For users of the DSP Sport and DSP Pro beacons, we will undertake a thorough inspection of your beacon and, regardless of what we conclude, offer you the chance to upgrade your beacon through our tiered trade-in program. Users with Beacons purchased over two years ago are eligible to buy-up to another beacon model at the below rates:

Pieps Micro BT or Micro Sensor: $100.00 USD

Pieps Pro BT: $100.00 USD"

Generally I'm fine with the $100 for an "upgrade" to a new beacon, just confused why some are being offered free replacements regardless whereas others seem to be having to pay differing amounts of money.

I may end up pushing a bit....
    That's the same original email that I got, but included printout of extended warranty and getting a free replacement.

I got an email back from BD saying that they inspected my beacon and a replacement BT beacon is on its way via fedex. So about a two week process including mailing back my old beacon.

So updated timeline:
    BD sent me a shipping label with the notion that I may have to pay for an upgrade. My beacon was 2.5 years old. so 6 months out of the 2 year warranty but I had registered my beacon which extended my warranty to 5 years. I found the paperwork on pieps and included it with my beacon when I sent it back.

BD received my beacon Wednesday 10/28.

BD reached out stating they were sending me an equivalent beacon on Monday 11/2

BD sent me a shipping notification last night 11/3 and the package is indeed on its way.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    That's the same original email that I got, but included printout of extended warranty and getting a free replacement.

Mine was beyond the extended warranty period, which is maybe why they did ask for proof? Don't get me wrong, I'm content with paying $100 to upgrade from a 6+ year old beacon to a new Pieps Pro. I just don't agree with the throw-some-darts-and-see-what-sticks approach to customer service. Get your story straight lest someone begin to poke holes in it.

Sounds like people whose beacons reached BD after mine have had replacements sent. I grow impatient. I asked BD for an update. I hope to be skiing next week.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app

I submitted my claim on the BD website on 10/27. Got an automated response with a case #. Haven't heard a word since. I guess from other reports, it sounds like a 9 day wait for a response is par for the course. I get that they're probably inundated and it might take a little longer to get processed. I do hope that this is resolved before there's considerable snow on the ground since I don't have a viable backup beacon.

I'm just a few weeks within the 5 year window and was able to register for the 5 year extended warranty. My beacon (DSP sport) has a secondary issu. The multiple burial flag button does not seem to be working. I noticed it last winter but then covid hit and didn't follow through on reaching out to black diamond about it.

I just got this response (5.5 year old beacon):

Thank you for sending in your Pieps DSP model beacon. Due to the age of your beacon, we are happy to offer you a discounted upgrade to any Pieps BT series transceiver. The below code will reduce the cost of any Pieps beacon to $100.

Code: DELETED
    Code should be entered in the Enter Promo Code box in your shopping cart to see and apply the discount.
    Each code will only work one time, for one product only.
    Code does not expire.
    Code will NOT work when logged in to a Pro account. Please log out and try that code on the main site.
    The code will waive the shipping charge for the order.
    You can use this code on our website: www.blackdiamondequipment.com

We truly appreciate your patience and understanding with this difficult situation along with your continued support. We expect beacons to be in stock on our website on 11/13/2020.

Sincerely,

Pieps Service Center

Unfortunately no Pieps beacon are in stock and the code doesn't work on BD branded beacons.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post

Unfortunately no Pieps beacon are in stock and the code doesn't work on BD branded beacons.
    For Serial?!?

A Pieps PRO BT arrived this morning, wasn't expecting the pro model. I wonder if low stock is dictating what model they are sending now?

I just got this response (5.5 year old beacon):

Thank you for sending in your Pieps DSP model beacon. Due to the age of your beacon, we are happy to offer you a discounted upgrade to any Pieps BT series transceiver. The below code will reduce the cost of any Pieps beacon to $100.

Code: DELETED
    Code should be entered in the Enter Promo Code box in your shopping cart to see and apply the discount.
    Each code will only work one time, for one product only.
    Code does not expire.
    Code will NOT work when logged in to a Pro account. Please log out and try that code on the main site.
    The code will waive the shipping charge for the order.
    You can use this code on our website: www.blackdiamondequipment.com

We truly appreciate your patience and understanding with this difficult situation along with your continued support. We expect beacons to be in stock on our website on 11/13/2020.

Sincerely,

Pieps Service Center

I mean, they did tell you in the email exactly when beacons will be back in stock....

I submitted my request last week and finally got the response today. Mine is about 2.5 years old registered with extended warranty. It got the canned response offering $100 “upgrade.” Total BS.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I mean, they did tell you in the email exactly when beacons will be back in stock....
    Functionally identical BD beacons are in stock now. And they are sending Pieps beacons to folks right now (iirc 3PinGrin's was delivered to BD the same day as mine- he just a got a new one in the mail).

Dammit.

Just got an email back from BD/Pieps (on a case submitted Oct. 28). The kicker line is

Quote Originally Posted by Pieps
    For users of the DSP Sport and DSP Pro beacons, we will undertake a thorough inspection of your beacon and, regardless of what we conclude, offer you the chance to upgrade your beacon through our tiered trade-in program. Users with Beacons purchased over two years ago are eligible to buy-up to another beacon model at the below rates:

Pieps Micro BT or Micro Sensor: $100.00 USD
    Pieps Pro BT: $100.00 USD
    I'm a bit miffed that $100 is a substantial percentage of the purchase price to replace a barely-three-year-old beacon that is otherwise in good (or excellent) shape, but I'll probably suck it up. I'm also wondering if it's a "tiered" trade-in program, why is the cost the same to trade in for beacons at different price points?

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    Dammit.

Just got an email back from BD/Pieps (on a case submitted Oct. 28). The kicker line is

I'm a bit miffed that $100 is a substantial percentage of the purchase price to replace a barely-three-year-old beacon that is otherwise in good (or excellent) shape, but I'll probably suck it up. I'm also wondering if it's a "tiered" trade-in program, why is the cost the same to trade in for beacons at different price points?
    I "think" that everyone including a warranty or extended warranty printout are receiving free replacement beacons. I got the same email but included a copy of the extended warranty proof and received a free replacement.

Functionally identical BD beacons are in stock now. And they are sending Pieps beacons to folks right now (iirc 3PinGrin's was delivered to BD the same day as mine- he just a got a new one in the mail).
    It's definitely willy nilly. I do live close to SLC so maybe that's part of it on the turnaround time. Maybe I just smell better

(or they found out that I single handedly stopped STP from selling kayaks online for a period of time due to a return dispute wherein I pounded them into the sand, ha)

New Pro BT arrived today.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Yea me too got a Pieps BT Pro two days earlier then FedEx tracking said it would show up. I know this whole situation sucks in more ways then one. I hope everyone is made whole by BD.

Over a week now and no response from BD re warranty submission for my two. I figure they are slammed and running out of replacement beacons so I’m going to be patient.

Just got my email offering either the Micro BT/Sensor or Pro BT for $100. Do many of you have experience with the Micro? Worth getting?

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    Over a week now and no response from BD re warranty submission for my two. I figure they are slammed and running out of replacement beacons so I’m going to be patient.
    Submitted my claim on 10/29 and received a reply with a shipping label today. Agree they’re more than likely slammed.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

They should have borrowed Hillary's email server
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I got this email today... Sent my beacon in about 10 days ago, so this means they've received it I assume?

Dear Pieps Customer,

Your case is very important to us. At this time we are taking in thousands of beacons and working hard to address everyone’s needs as quickly as we can. Please bear with us during this process, as we expect wait times to vary between one and two weeks, depending on number of claims and availability of replacements.

Sincerely,

Pieps Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by beeeom View Post
    I got this email today... Sent my beacon in about 10 days ago, so this means they've received it I assume?
    Mine just was received by BD in SLC today at noon, got the same email ^^^ about an hour later. They probably would have received it faster via the fedex express label they first sent me, but no pick-up in bumfuck nowhere BC for express so I had to get a ground label. Oh well...