Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heck Yeah Clickers are back..

K2 clickers are back! Stopping to strap into a snowboard is the dumbest thing in the world. It's 2020 for christ's sake, straps should have died a long time ago... Sitting down to strap in is 80% of the reason I went back to skiing..

I still have a pair of the original clickers with a high-back binding, and they are better then 90% of anything else out there. I tried the Burton system last year, and it never felt as secure as a ratty old pair of K2s' I'm eager to try the new version...

https://unofficialnetworks.com/2020/...ep-in-binding/

And here I thought you finally found the TV remote I've been looking for.
    Live Free or Die

I can hazz TECH TALK!! JONG

Boarders still need to sit down to strap in? News to me.
    Not once have I thought "Damn, I wish had step in bindings!"
    10 seconds to buckle in, 3 seconds to unbuckle. Deal with it.

I don't ski with snowboarders who can't strap in standing up and hang trailside without sitting down.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

No need for HB. Too easy to clog. They might have better feel and flex but clogging has always been a problem and the highback accentuates that

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Boarders still need to sit down to strap in? News to me.
    Not once have I thought "Damn, I wish had step in bindings!"
    10 seconds to buckle in, 3 seconds to unbuckle. Deal with it.
    Step in while still sliding away from the lift, never stop moving, avoid skier friends getting pissy that it takes time at all.. Also, I'm way to old to buckle in that fast.... come back here and have this discussion in a decade kiddo...

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    No need for HB. Too easy to clog. They might have better feel and flex but clogging has always been a problem and the highback accentuates that
    I never had clogging issues with the clickers, once or twice a year I would mix some light oil (like WD-40) with an Aviation grade grease (kinda like phil wood bike grease on crack cocaine, Aeroshell makes a good one and skygeek.com usually carries it...) rub it on all the metal bits, wipe it off, and nothing would stick to it ever. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by ExPowderSnob View Post
    Step in while still sliding away from the lift, never stop moving, avoid skier friends getting pissy that it takes time at all...
    Sounds like a group problem, not a gear problem.

Step in while still sliding away from the lift, never stop moving, avoid skier friends getting pissy that it takes time at all.. Also, I'm way to old to buckle in that fast.... come back here and have this discussion in a decade kiddo...
    Ive had snowboarders strap in on the lift by having me use my skis as a little platform for them. It was first run on pow days and they didnt want to get snaked to their line by the next chair of people haha. Always happy to help a guy out. My wife wasnt into it when i suggested she try that method instead of sitting down and taking her damn time.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Sounds like a group problem, not a gear problem.
    I fully admit my friends are assholes. But I wouldn't wait for them either, and I wouldn't wait for the other boarder to strap in either. They'd catch up eventually..

Clickers were great for split boarding. That’s all I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a friend of mine used to make a rip cord release system to escape Clickers in an avalanche
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

K2 made a cord rel;ease system for the clickers. It's too bad after all these years that they can't make a mountain boot to go with it.
    The only snowboard binding that releases both feet by pulling the cord. Great for splitboarding in avalanche terrain.
    No interest whatsoever in the latest and greatest version.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    My wife wasnt into it when i suggested she try that method instead of sitting down and taking her damn time.
    Stating “No Friends on a powder day” will prolong said sitting. I’ve tried them all with equal rebuttal.

I've snowboarded exactly twice, the second time on a rental board with K2 clickers. It may have been the way the shop set them up, but it was an exercise in frustration getting back in the damn things. I wanted so bad to throw them off a cliff at Targhee but refrained. I'm sure it was partly operator error by a snowboard jong. Aren't there some SPD type setups now?

Wow! Are we talking about telemark bindings?!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Wow! Are we talking about telemark bindings?!?!?!?
    Haha. The only tele binding I despised was G3 Targas. I would put my hate right up there with my one day on clickers.

I've been on NTN tele bindings for a decade now. Easy in/out, releasable, brakes, it's changed a lot since I was running Voile CRBs. Do people use tele bindings on snowboards? I'm clueless about anything snowboard obviously, but always curious about gear innovations in general.

Yes all boarders are on tele bindings now.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    It's about fucking time. Guess I was thinking teleboards, as snowboarding with a free heel would probably be interesting I'm sure, but swear I thought I had heard of that somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    That's a lot of broken binders.

Maybe it's just tele boots that I remember hearing something about.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spark-dyno-w-txpro_15x.jpg 
Views:	402 
Size:	225.7 KB 
ID:	343553

Tele turns on a splitboard - 0/10, would not recommend.

If you can't ride around one footed style for at least a short distance, you might as well just through your snowboard in the garbage.
    27° 18°

Tele turns on a splitboard - 0/10, would not recommend.

Clicker tele turns.