Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by wra View Post
    Tele turns on a splitboard - 0/10, would not recommend.

Clicker tele turns.

^^ nicely done. need to get out when the snow falls...

Don’t know how many people who are claiming that doing up straps is just as easy, ever used the originals. Both my brother and I rode them for years and there were definite advantages. There were also some disadvantages, especially if you were in sticky coastal snow where they would occasionally ice up. But in the Rockies that was never an occurrence.

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    Maybe it's just tele boots that I remember hearing something about.

Attachment 343553
    What is this thing I am looking at? is there a separate little pin toe piece for the uphill, or is that part of it?

Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    If you can't ride around one footed style for at least a short distance, you might as well just through your snowboard in the garbage.
    Literally no one is talking about skating around on a board. Everyone can do that. Reading comprehension 101..

Quote Originally Posted by ExPowderSnob View Post
    What is this thing I am looking at? is there a separate little pin toe piece for the uphill, or is that part of it?
    Not sure about the binding, just saw the pic online. The boot is a Scarpa TX pro NTN tele boot, which accepts tech pins. A lot of newer tele designs are using a tech toe piece for more efficient touring. But maybe you already knew that and was just asking about the binding.

Quote Originally Posted by ExPowderSnob View Post
    Literally no one is talking about skating around on a board. Everyone can do that. Reading comprehension 101..
    I literally wasn't talking about skating, I said riding 1 footed style. OK Mr. Reading comprehension 101. You're right any idiot can skate one footed on flat ground. I was reefering to the ability to ride down a slope (possibly while disembarking a chairlift) with only one foot strapped on. At a minimum any boarder should be able to do that without falling on their ass, just like strapping on without falling on their ass.
    27° 18°

the way to keep flat clicker from clogging is to kick the binding while you ride the lift. If you do that with the HB version you'll break the highback. If you don't kick the snow off on the lift it can freeze by the time you reach the get off.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    the way to keep flat clicker from clogging is to kick the binding while you ride the lift. If you do that with the HB version you'll break the highback. If you don't kick the snow off on the lift it can freeze by the time you reach the get off.
    Sounds like a good way to make friends on a chairlift.
    27° 18°

Just a couple kicks while you get settled. Packs are far more annoying.

All binding kickers and ski clickers must ride the same chairs.

So no big deal this year since you’ll be sitting on opposite ends of the chair

I can say that for people who ride small midwest hills that you spend more time on and off the chair, tons of people are into stepons/clickers. That said, my SB buddies that have ridden them say that they are not a replacement to a regular strap binding when you're getting after it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using TGR Forums mobile app