Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

COVID Guidance for CO Ski Resorts: State Proposal and Feedback

Looks like the state of Colorado released a draft of a proposal for COVID guidelines for ski resorts.
    See https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k58...6kockwXV5/view

And you can submit feedback on that proposal for the next ~2 days.
    See https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...O7GlQ/viewform

--- UPDATE: ---
    Final draft was approved by State of Colorado at https://covid19.colorado.gov/safer-a...as-and-resorts

Last edited by Vitamin I; 10-24-2020 at 12:11 AM.
    - TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Ski area guests will not be required to ride on a chairlift or gondola with people
    outside of their party. Individuals who are not from the same party may ride a chairlift
    together with a minimum of one seat separating the unrelated individuals or parties;
    however, ski areas should generally encourage more space between different parties
    when possible.
    ● Gondolas should keep windows open, even in inclement weather. Gondolas should be
    limited to no more than two separate parties with adequate spacing, and not more
    than 50% capacity if more than one party rides a gondola together (single parties may
    reach full capacity). Specific spacing configurations and requirements should be
    addressed with the LPHA in the ski area plan. Consider posting reminders of these
    requirements within gondola cabins.
    ● Ensure 6-foot spacing between separate parties, in all directions, in chairlift and
    gondola lines by employing tactics such as extending staging areas and marking 6-foot
    increments for suggested standing. Instances where this requirement is unworkable
    should be addressed in the ski area’s plan and discussed

"Require instructors and students 11 years of age and older to wear masks in
    accordance with the ski area’s plan, encouraging mask-wearing at all times while
    recognizing exceptions for safety, dining, or while individuals are actively engaged in
    skiing, riding, or other distanced outdoor activities."

What's up with age 11 in there?
    From my California bubble, I've never heard of any place defining 11-years-old to be the cut-off for mask exemption. Documents by local govt of Summit County, CO say 2-years-old is their cut-off for masks, so why would it be 11-years-old at the state level?

Also, IMO, the state guidelines for instructors/lessons/ski schools seem to leave plenty of wiggle room for ski areas to forsake risk management in favor of profit (and in favor of parents getting a break from their kids). We'll see if any ski areas abuse that wiggle room and get burned with outbreaks.

Other than that, I'd say the state guidelines seem adequate for steering ski areas to create decent detailed policies together with local public health departments, etc.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Damn, so much for the singles line.

The State of Colorado has adapted a baseline for guidance. Counties can do what they want as long as they adhere to the state guidelines or are stricter. So yes the state can say 11 but any county can make it an age younger than that.

Restrooms: Increase ventilation [by peeing outside when possible].
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

I have no doubt the amount of yellow snow will increase by a factor of 10.

I was very surprised to read that one of the guidelines “encourages” patrons to bring their own meals to the hill whenever possible
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I was very surprised to read that one of the guidelines “encourages” patrons to bring their own meals to the hill whenever possible
    Well, Vail will never put that in writing lol.

I am trying to imagine what these lift lines are going to look like with people all spread out.

Quote Originally Posted by ski_adk View Post
    Didn't read the doc yet.
    No singles?!?

I'm almost always lone wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    Didn't read the doc yet.
    No singles?!?

I'm almost always lone wolf.
    Not quite but close.

Parties can request to not ride with other parties.

Different parties must have an empty seat in between them.

That means as a single you could request to ride the lift solo, or you could ride a quad with a double. In practice, I bet they just get rid of the singles line.

Quote Originally Posted by ski_adk View Post
    I predict hookups with strangers outside the maze.

Invent a ski tinder app. Make millions.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Well, Vail will never put that in writing lol.
    I am fully intending to reinstate grills at locations I haven't kept there in decades.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Not quite but close.

Parties can request to not ride with other parties.

Different parties must have an empty seat in between them.

That means as a single you could request to ride the lift solo, or you could ride a quad with a double. In practice, I bet they just get rid of the singles line.
    Singles lines are completely out.

Has there been any summer skiing locations that have figured out the winning method yet?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I am fully intending to reinstate grills at locations I haven't kept there in decades.
    Burgers and bongs in safety huts!!! (so what has changed)

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    My tailgating game is going to be on point like never before. Hopefully my wife is cool with driving home.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    My tailgating game is going to be on point like never before. Hopefully my wife is cool with driving home.
    Our ski area is going to be adding some extra space between cars since people are expected to use them as a base-lodge. Fully intend to bust out the awning, setup the propane fire pit, and enjoy.

Any way you look at it, the 'boat is gonna be fucked this winter. As a mostly solo skier at the resort, best I can hope for on-piste is weekday, afternoon storms.

Having to maintain 6' in long-ass lift lines only to be shoved in a gondy cabin even with just one mouth breathing stranger negates the 6' distance in the first place, IMO. Only way to avoid that will be no early mornings.

Can't wait until the first touron tries to shut the damn windows. Or, start a conversation. Zip it choad!

I still might defer. I bought a LL pass so that may help with my vertical fixation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Any way you look at it, the 'boat is gonna be fucked this winter. As a mostly solo skier at the resort, best I can hope for on-piste is weekday, afternoon storms.

Having to maintain 6' in long-ass lift lines only to be shoved in a gondy cabin even with just one mouth breathing stranger negates the 6' distance in the first place, IMO. Only way to avoid that will be no early mornings.

Can't wait until the first touron tries to shut the damn windows. Or, start a conversation. Zip it choad!

I still might defer. I bought a LL pass so that may help with my vertical fixation.
    with the windows open and masks on, it's not too bad. But I hear ya, resorts like the Boat, with one main access point, are going to suck in the mornings.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    I have no doubt the amount of yellow snow will increase by a factor of 100.
    fify
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Why is the singles line gone?

Quad lift can load a single with a party of 2 or another single if willing under these guidelines. Triple can load two willing singles.

They'll probably put a sign on the singles line saying "singles willing to ride with other parties with one seat spacing."

Singles who want their own lift will get in the main line.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

what security will be provided for singles who wish to ride alone???

It’s the people in the chair in front that you should be worried about.
    For reference: Some guy lights up on your chair, smoke goes behind you. Some guy lights up in chair in front of you, face full of smoke.

Change smoke to covid cough.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums