Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 38
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    199

    Big Sky lift tix

    Planning a trip to BS and canít find any discounted multi-day tix. Any recommendations of where to look?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    15,053
    This year you are shit out of luck.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    199
    I wondered if maybe theyíre just going for window price with all the crap going on.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    15,053
    https://shop.bigskyresort.com/s/lift.../c/lift-ticket

    A quick glance at the website says you may be right.

    $ 179.00 for X-mas holiday.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    35
    Mountain Collective.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Last Best City in the Last Best Place
    Posts
    3,686
    ^^MC is probably the way to go. However if you're staying at Boyne lodging, I think the ticket price in a ski-and-stay package usually comes out to be like $120. So depending on how much they want for the room, that may be an option to consider.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Behind the Red-Head
    Posts
    1,209
    Big Sky Lodging Beta needed - Stay at the mountain base village, or in Big Sky?
    there a shuttle bus between the 2?
    Thx!
    I have mastered all major sporting activities to a high degree of mediocrity.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Posts
    13,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnballs View Post
    Big Sky Lodging Beta needed - Stay at the mountain base village, or in Big Sky?
    there a shuttle bus between the 2?
    Thx!
    More amenities down in the meadow. Larger grocery stores, more restaurants, etc. The Skyline is free from Meadow to Mountain. https://skylinebus.com/

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Behind the Red-Head
    Posts
    1,209
    ^^thank you sirs!
    I have mastered all major sporting activities to a high degree of mediocrity.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    ^^MC is probably the way to go. However if you're staying at Boyne lodging, I think the ticket price in a ski-and-stay package usually comes out to be like $120. So depending on how much they want for the room, that may be an option to consider.
    we stay at the lakes condos as the price is too good to pass up, unfortunately they arenít a ďboyneĒ property. Weíre all coming from Michigan so I think the Ikon pass will be the best as you get 5 days at each boyne resort.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by CrystalMountainSkier View Post
    Mountain Collective.
    Unfortunately the MC pass only includes 2 days at each place...going to big sky for 3-4

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Last Best City in the Last Best Place
    Posts
    3,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Campbell View Post
    Unfortunately the MC pass only includes 2 days at each place...going to big sky for 3-4
    You get to choose one extra day at one resort, so choose Big Sky and you get 3 days. Plus half price on the fourth day.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    You get to choose one extra day at one resort, so choose Big Sky and you get 3 days. Plus half price on the fourth day.
    I thought that was the case before but I donít see anything on the site about that for this year.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Last Best City in the Last Best Place
    Posts
    3,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Campbell View Post
    I thought that was the case before but I donít see anything on the site about that for this year.
    Interesting. I know they were doing it earlier, but they did say the 3rd day deal was limited so it must be over. Bummer.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Making the Bowl Great Again
    Posts
    12,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Campbell View Post
    I thought that was the case before but I donít see anything on the site about that for this year.
    Planning a trip to MT to ski this winter is a huge gamble right now. Especially to Big Sky, which is a problematic place to find dinner during the best of times.

    Good luck.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Last Best City in the Last Best Place
    Posts
    3,686
    Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Planning a trip to MT to ski this winter is a huge gamble right now. Especially to Big Sky, which is a problematic place to find dinner during the best of times.

    Good luck.
    Yeah we have some of the worst covid numbers in the nation right now. I wonder if all the dumbshits who moved here to escape the pandemic will now move away?

    As for dinner at Big Sky, Roxy's market has a great selection of tasty frozen dinners. That's my plan.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Yeah we have some of the worst covid numbers in the nation right now. I wonder if all the dumbshits who moved here to escape the pandemic will now move away?

    As for dinner at Big Sky, Roxy's market has a great selection of tasty frozen dinners. That's my plan.
    Yeah Iím good with frozen pizzas if need be.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    15,053
    Luke, are you and the tribe planning to drive or fly?

    Trying to judge peoples willingness to enter the disease tube.

    I wonder if all the dumbshits who moved here to escape the pandemic will now move away?
    I am of the opinion that the problem isn't the dumbshits who just moved here so much as the dumbshits who were here before Covid was ever a thing.

    In Costco yesterday in spite of the signage there were folks walking around without masks. I watched one lady get within 2 feet of a cashier that she knows without a mask and jabber away at her for several minutes. The cashier didn't say shit. I should have gone to another line.

    Here is to a very cold, very windy and snowy winter to get the new dumbshits to reconsider their life choices.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Luke, are you and the tribe planning to drive or fly?

    Trying to judge peoples willingness to enter the disease tube.



    I am of the opinion that the problem isn't the dumbshits who just moved here so much as the dumbshits who were here before Covid was ever a thing.

    In Costco yesterday in spite of the signage there were folks walking around without masks. I watched one lady get within 2 feet of a cashier that she knows without a mask and jabber away at her for several minutes. The cashier didn't say shit. I should have gone to another line.

    Here is to a very cold, very windy and snowy winter to get the new dumbshits to reconsider their life choices.
    Planning on flying, as of now.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Last Best City in the Last Best Place
    Posts
    3,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    I am of the opinion that the problem isn't the dumbshits who just moved here so much as the dumbshits who were here before Covid was ever a thing.
    Oh I don't disagree with that one bit--lots of longtime Montanans are showing themselves to be complete covidiots. I just think anybody who thought they could buy their way out of a pandemic by throwing cash at a house in Montana was pretty naive, and I wonder what they are thinking now that our numbers skyrocketing. Anyway, who give a shit. I agree we need a long, cold winter to initiate the newcomers.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    In rain shadow of the Sierra CC,NV
    Posts
    3,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Campbell View Post
    Unfortunately the MC pass only includes 2 days at each place...going to big sky for 3-4
    When we were at BS, (maybe 5 yrs back) had a down day, cos Cinders had a tweaked knee. There was a bus to Yellowstone gateway(?) to take a guided, group snomobile tour of park, along groomed roads. Lunch at OldF.
    Hella fun. Would recommend. Never rode snomo b4. 2 up on machine made it kinda wallow tho. Managed to veer off trail and find a tree well... oh how we laughed...

    Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

    ...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,538
    Everyone always says I hope we have a long cold winter to make newcomers leave. Pretty sure that doesn't work. Especially the folks who can afford this market. You think they give a fuck what temp it is while they sit in their new house/sauna/steam shower/home theater/etc etc. They sure as hell ain't working outside.

    And as much as tourists present a problem, I agree most Montanans are just as bad or worse about the covidz. Oh well at least disco was white today. As a long time bears fan all I have is hope.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Gallatin County
    Posts
    926
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    In Costco yesterday in spite of the signage there were folks walking around without masks.
    I have noticed the maskless trend at Costco too. Oddly the older, high BMI, pack of smokes in the front pocket males seem to be the ones maskless.

    I have flown recently in the DAL "pestilence capsules" and Delta has only been filling planes to 60% capacity and strictly enforce face coverings. Unfortunately some of the coverings are buffs and snot specked bandanas. Airports that are typically packed like MSP, ATL and SLC are eerily empty. SLC has opened their new terminals.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    When we were at BS, (maybe 5 yrs back) had a down day, cos Cinders had a tweaked knee. There was a bus to Yellowstone gateway(?) to take a guided, group snomobile tour of park, along groomed roads. Lunch at OldF.
    Hella fun. Would recommend. Never rode snomo b4. 2 up on machine made it kinda wallow tho. Managed to veer off trail and find a tree well... oh how we laughed...

    Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    We did that in Ď18, rented snowmobiles in west Yellowstone and spent the day riding all over, was a total blast and a great way to see the park.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Last Best City in the Last Best Place
    Posts
    3,686
    Supposedly Old Faithful Lodge is going to be closed this winter cuz covid. But I'm sure you'll still be able to snowmobile into the park.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •