Page 47 of 53 FirstFirst ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1313
    Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Anyone been to one of those AZ vax clinics in Whistler/Pemby? I wonder what the chances are of showing up end-of-day and getting leftovers?
    You need to prove your primary residence is in Whistler or that you're employed in Whistler.

Even if you get AZ u still need to where a mask, you still need to follow the rules, you still need to maintain distance
    and you still can get covid. U are not immune, so why would you want to put AZ in your body when it doesn’t do anything and most of the world is banning it?

Do your own due due diligence!

AB just had its 1st blood clot linked to AZ and most of the doses are being thrown out as they expire because very few people are wanting it...

Im confused why they even call it a vaccine as it does not provide immunity to anything....
    Last edited by teamdirt; 04-18-2021 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Even if you get AZ u still need to where a mask, you still need to follow the rules, you still need to maintain distance
    and you still can get covid. U are not immune, so why would you want to put AZ in your body when it doesn’t do anything and most of the world is banning it?

Do your own due due diligence!

AB just had its 1st blood clot linked to AZ and most of the doses are being thrown out as they expire because very few people are wanting it...

Im confused why they even call it a vaccine as it does not provide immunity to anything....
    or do your own math? 2 doses provides 100% immunity from serious disease, hospitalization, and death. the risk is essentially a 1 in 1,000,000 chance of death due to the vaccine vs 1 in 500 chance of death if you contract covid as a 55 year old. every single week the average canadian has a 1 in 675,000 chance of dying in a car crash. each week. over the course of a year that's like taking the AZ vaccine 35 times.

my wife treats people who have permanent physical and neurological impairments due to covid, usually after 3-4 weeks of being on a ventilator in an induced coma. she's currently treating a formerly healthy, not obese, active road biking enthusiast 56 year old whose life is -over-. guy is on oxygen 24/7, lungs are destroyed, has severe cognitive issues.. if he gets out of his chair and walks 5 feet and sits down, he has to pump his oxygen first.. then he has to wait until is o2 saturation levels rise back to 92% before he can even think of moving again.

i bet if you gave that guy a time machine to go back to december just so he could get the AZ vaccine but it would cost one million dollars, he would gladly pay any price. just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by grapedrink View Post
    or do your own math? 2 doses provides 100% immunity from serious disease, hospitalization, and death.
    Lol- your out to lunch- none of the vaccines give 100% immunity....and no manufacturer or stat has ever confirmed that

Let's not turn this into a general VAX thread. Just asking re:WHISTLER clinics.

OK - news from a friends friends friend. YES - The vax clinics all over BC have tons of unused AZ vax. NO - Although they take walkins at end-of-day, they still insist that you are in the correct age cohort. And YES - the AZ is very good at preventing the need to see a doctor/hospital if/when you get it and become very mildy ill. And I can stomach chicken wings with suicide sauce and gallons of beer. So pretty sure I can survive blood clots.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Lol- your out to lunch- none of the vaccines give 100% immunity....and no manufacturer or stat has ever confirmed that
    you're conflating protection against contracting covid..... and protection against serious disease/hospitalization and death. AZ delivers around 80% protection against symptomatic covid, and 100% protection against severe/critical covid and/or death.

https://www.google.com/search?q=astrazeneca%20100%25%20

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Let's not turn this into a general VAX thread. Just asking re:WHISTLER clinics.

OK - news from a friends friends friend. YES - The vax clinics all over BC have tons of unused AZ vax. NO - Although they take walkins at end-of-day, they still insist that you are in the correct age cohort. And YES - the AZ is very good at preventing the need to see a doctor/hospital if/when you get it and become very mildy ill. And I can stomach chicken wings with suicide sauce and gallons of beer. So pretty sure I can survive blood clots.
    Thats kind of what I heard/ thot, that you still need to be the right age or heatlh compromised or FN

they gave us the pfizer here up narth
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I like the double standard. Virus isn't deadly, only affects the old, unhealthy, and postholers. Survival rate of 99.xx. Vaccine gives blood clots to 1 in 700k all of a sudden it's the worst thing out there.

GF is implants these nanobots. VCH policy is to prioritize the age groups at the end of the day.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

I had my AZ shot on April 6 as soon the PHO switched it to 55-65. No issues so far. I'm in Langley and several pharmacies received a supply of AZ. You can search for qualified pharmacies here.

A lot of the AZ the province initially received from India was near it's expiry date.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

Large parties of unmasked young people all over BC yesterday/last night. Big groups. Lots of booze. Make Florida jealous. Every-fucking-where! I guess they want vax access so they employing the #Whistler #Method.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Calgarians haz no teh maths?

They know teh maths. Calgarians are waiting for the Moderna and Pfizer. When it becomes available, there will literally be a stampede.

I hate to say it as a native Albertan, but case counts pretty much show that the are a lot of dumb as fuck albertans out there.

Your chance of getting blood clots if you get Covid is about 10 times that of getting them from the vaccine. I’m not rushing to get vaccinated because I want to be able to get the second shot on the timeframe the manufacturer ran their tests on, not some number pulled out of the air by a government who fucked up on supplies so they are trying to make it up by dragging out second shots to 2 or three times recommend interval. And I would be fine with any of the shots.

*TL;DR - side effects, blood clots, efficacy, why "76%" isn't what you think it is. *
    Things to note about AZ (sorry I'm on mobile) :

• Side effects include fever, chills, headache, and muscle pains. More severe ones include allergic reactions, especially if you have a family history of severe allergies (i.e. usually have lots of allergies too) or have had an allergy to mRNA vaccine components. It's important to be honest about the adverse effects of vaccines, but to also not blow them out of proportion.
    • Blood clot risk (specifically cerebral venous sinus thrombosis, a clot that happens in your brain venous system), but it's extremely low (1 in 100,000 is around its max, some countries report even 1 in 600,000 in the UK). This is extremely low compared to other risk factors for blood clots (smoking, sitting in long flights, HAVING PREVIOUSLY BEEN INFECTED BY COVID-19 (around 15% risk of blood clotting)). Honestly, I don't think the CVST risk after AZ is significantly different from the risk in the normal general population (i.e. they would have gotten CVST regardless of the vaccine or not).
    • Further, most cases were in YOUNG WOMEN (<55, though most were in 30s and under 40s, they just couldn't say that 40-55 was safe because a few CVST cases were that age (though much lower number of cases than in the younger ages)).
    • 76% efficacy against symptomatic COVID-19 with ONE DOSE within the first 90 days (pulled from their paper). 85% protection against symptomatic infection in 65 and older after two doses. *Finally, 100% efficacy against severe hospitalization and death.* (most fucking important things, guys).
    • The initial vaccine trials for AZ were conducted at different times and environments compared to Pfizer and Moderna, which is why it's important NOT to compare them. Pfizer and Moderna were conducted earlier in the pandemic and in populations in which there were fewer variant cases. On the other hand, AZ and J&J were conducted later and in populations harder hit by variants, which partially explains their "lower efficacy".
    • On top of that, Pfizer's studies included only positively tested COVID patients as being "COVID positive", whereas those participants who were suspected COVID but got negative/inconclusive tests weren't included as positives (despite it likely them being positive, they could have included them as intention-to-treat). I think AZ tested more participants, including people who were asymptomatic, which is why they'd catch more positives and thus have "lower efficacy". (can someone confirm, on mobile).
    • I support moving the age limit to 40s. This increases access to vaccines for an important age group, and the risk imposed is extremely low. We have so many just waiting around in the fridges.

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    I hate to say it as a native Albertan, but case counts pretty much show that the are a lot of dumb as fuck albertans out there.
    Dude yeah. I'm done comparing myself to people in other provinces or even countries, as I have done so in the past. Our numbers here per capita are getting higher than some of the worst hit American states. Florida of the north. It's really embarrassing. Worst case Ontario.

Whistler/Vail North 2020/2021

Gotta love people who think they can do more "research" than actual professional epidemiologists and government health organizations. What a world full of dumb fucks we live in.

"HURR DURR I read about blood clots in the newzz!!!"

If you're like me and just learned the word "efficacy" even existed ~3 months ago, then you really shouldn't be offering advice on what vaccines to take, and when.

Just watch this and STFU: https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1880969283645

Name:  IMG_4604.JPG
Views: 639
Size:  258.2 KB

I succeeded in turning this into a vax thread-lol jokes on u!

I'm the moran who mentioned Covid a few days ago, so you can blame me for the unfortunate thread drift.

Every thread ends up as a Covid thread eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Gotta love people who think they can do more "research" than actual professional epidemiologists and government health organizations. What a world full of dumb fucks we live in.

"HURR DURR I read about blood clots in the newzz!!!"

If you're like me and just learned the word "efficacy" even existed ~3 months ago, then you really shouldn't be offering advice on what vaccines to take, and when.

Just watch this and STFU: https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1880969283645

Name:  IMG_4604.JPG
Views: 639
Size:  258.2 KB
    And many would suggest that the failures by those professionals are what caused the mess we are now in.

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    Every thread ends up as a Covid thread eventually.
    Covid is the new Trump for thread drift

Whistler/Vail North 2020/2021

Quote Originally Posted by unclebill View Post
    And many would suggest that the failures by those professionals are what caused the mess we are now in.
    Yeah, and they’re fuckin’ morons too. There’s only one way out of this, and it’s for everyone to get vaccinated as fast as possible. Shopping around for specific antidotes during a pandemic when they’re all just as effective is batshit crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

took what they were doling out the first chance I could. the stats speak for themselves, get fucking vaccinated with whatever you can as soon as you're given the opportunity. anti-vaxxers GFY.

Turning 40 this year (1981) has some benefits, hopefully get a registration date for dose 1 soon.

In non-COVID news, my buddy who has an Epic pass and put 8ish days on it got an Epic coverage refund email today, doesn't say amount of credit yet just says he qualifies. Seems odd, pretty sure he changed it to WB core season only like most people.