Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1313
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I requested a refund, but did it sometime in April. I got the refund a few weeks later and applied it to an Epic pass for next season.
    New wrinkle in this. They just sent me a refund check. I don't understand why they'd send me a code to use for a discount on next year's pass AND a check.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    New wrinkle in this. They just sent me a refund check. I don't understand why they'd send me a code to use for a discount on next year's pass AND a check.
    Same $ value?

The way the fine print reads is like this:
    2019-2020 covid cancels the season early, and they gave you the 80% credit or whatever. So you use it for a new edge card for 2020-2021 with the Epic Assurance or whatever it's called. However, fine print there says if 2020-21 claim is made and is valid, you'll only get that credit you used for your 2020-21 card and not a $ refund. If you pay extra for the card (which you did), then that extra $ amount should be refunded to you in cash.

I'm still waiting for my wife's refund promised in March... Reeeeeeeally don't want to call them.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Same $ value?
    I've got to go back and look at the email they sent, but I think it's the same.
    Last edited by The AD; 06-11-2021 at 09:40 AM.

Someone please post some WB bike park stoke. Isn't it open? No berms or drops to share?
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Well, the refund came through. Here's how those shady fucks at Vail have sorted this out. It's not how I understood things would work reading the fine print last summer.

In 2019 - bought 5-day edge card for the wife. Don't remember how much they cost, but then comes COVID shutdown and we subsequently received the 80% credit for a 2020-2021 pass, with EPIC Coverage included. Whatever. Actually here's the copy-paste from the email:

EPIC COVERAGE REFUND DETAILS
    2020.21 PASS PURCHASE DETAILS
    2020.21 PASS PRICE $481.95
    YOU PAID $130.75
    19.20 PASS CREDIT REDEEMED $351.20
    CREDIT AS PERCENTAGE OF PASS PRICE 72.87%

2020.21 EPIC COVERAGE REFUND DETAILS
    YOU PAID $130.75
    EPIC COVERAGE REFUND PERCENTAGE X 100.00%
    REFUNDED TO YOU * $113.00

2021.22 EPIC COVERAGE CREDIT DETAILS
    CREDIT AS PERCENTAGE OF PASS PRICE 72.87%
    CREDIT FOR 2021.22 PASS 72.87%
    And here is the checkout detail from the new 2021-22 5 day card:

AD WB Edge Card 5Day Restr 21/22
    Valid starting Fall 2021
    Auto Renew - Declined Information about auto renew
    ASSIGNED TO: MRS PAULSTER
    Promo code (LEEPOOP) - Remove
    TOTAL $459.00 CAD
    PRICE REDUCED 20% -$92.00 CAD
    PROMO CODE -$267.43 CAD
    DUE NOW $99.57 CAD
    So I assumed that the previous credit of $351.20 would just be rolled over to 2021-22, but nope. Instead they are rolling over the PERCENTAGE of the pass price, so it's actually $267.43.

I get it, COVID sucks for us all. But fuck me this EPIC coverage they went on about and how you can book without worrying at all is not what I feel like I am getting. If the claim was approved (she couldn't go due to Ontario stay-at-home order), then approve and apply it fairly. This doesn't seem fair to me - am I being irrational?

I think I might hate this company.

EDIT: Also how does that math work?
    2020.21 EPIC COVERAGE REFUND DETAILS
    YOU PAID $130.75
    REFUNDED TO YOU * $113.00

100% of $130 is $113? Dafuuuuck?
    Last edited by paulster2626; 06-22-2021 at 08:16 AM.

South Coast Touring has a poster up with photos of some people they want info on regarding damage at Tenquille cabin on May 8th, 2021. See the FB post for actual photos.

Name:  RiKblMF.png
Views: 943
Size:  316.2 KB
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

what's wrong with posting the image with the photos?

How did they get those photos? Is there a surveillance camera at the cabin? I assumed teenage partiers but the photos look more like eco-terrorists who like cutting ghondi cables.

Not sure why someone would blank out the images on something you are re-sharing. You didn't create it so you won't be on the hook if something goes sideways with sharing the images.

https://www.facebook.com/PembertonWi...8732158069034/

"PWA volunteers were saddened to discover deliberate damage to the Tenquille Cabin during a maintenance work party this weekend.

The cabin was broken into early in the morning of May 8, 2021 (closed by Provincial order). The door lock was broken, both upper window screens needed repairs, one window lock was broken and there is a large dent in the door.

Valuable construction materials, stored under the cabin, were burned as a campfire. It is very difficult to get these materials to the cabin and to have them burned is heartbreaking for PWA volunteers."

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    How did they get those photos? Is there a surveillance camera at the cabin? I assumed teenage partiers but the photos look more like eco-terrorists who like cutting ghondi cables.
    That guy smoking the cigarette def. looks like the type to smear shit on door handles, too.

Those are some pretty damn good photos. They're fucked.

Name:  test.jpg
Views: 988
Size:  27.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    Not sure why someone would blank out the images on something you are re-sharing. You didn't create it so you won't be on the hook if something goes sideways with sharing the images.
    There were a lot of reports on FB for them to take it down. I didn't want the same here.

TGR is more sensitive than SCT? Burn the fuckers at the stake.

Breaking into a cabin to party (birthday party allegedly?) and causing damage, and then fucking burning building supplies? Out the scumbags. Apparently one is here on a visa, send em fucking packing.

Why not ask the Squamish Nation to name it? Wouldn't that make the most sense given the situation?

Squaw Valley Crescent to be renamed Chamonix Crescent
    https://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/lo...escent-3926474

Crazy news item. Black Tusk hike rescue.

https://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/lo...-video-3945588

The photos in the Instagram show the rescue location from a distance but not really where the woman was. Here is a zoom of the rescue subject. How?? LOL.

Name:  cvh2H5a.png
Views: 930
Size:  625.0 KB

Getting booted from our condo by sketchy landlord, if any of you dentists/lawyers have a spare mansion/suite/condo available to rent to financially stable long term local please hit me up!

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    Getting booted from our condo by sketchy landlord, if any of you dentists/lawyers have a spare mansion/suite/condo available to rent to financially stable long term local please hit me up!
    That's a bummer norton. Can't help other than suggest hitting up the FB Marketplace/FB groups that appeal in the area and craiglist/reddit even. Best of luck!

Anyone know if the Epic pass (2020/21 or 2021/22) included any discount vouchers for summer sightseeing? I've been an EDGE pleb, my buddy has been Epic for a few seasons but doesn't remember getting any vouchers. Maybe that's a WB pass only perk?

WB unlimited includes one peak 2 peak unlimited summer sightseeing pass. Epic doesn't, but it's cheaper and it includes 7 days at RMR. Though choice.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Anyone know if the Epic pass (2020/21 or 2021/22) included any discount vouchers for summer sightseeing? I've been an EDGE pleb, my buddy has been Epic for a few seasons but doesn't remember getting any vouchers. Maybe that's a WB pass only perk?
    If you bought an Epic Pass for 21-22 it includes (this) summer access:
    If you purchase select passes in the Spring, you get 2021 Summer Scenic Access to our resorts* with your Season Pass! Passes that receive Summer Scenic Access include Epic Pass, Epic Local Pass, Summit Value Pass, Keystone Plus Pass, Tahoe Local Pass, Kirkwood pass, Park City Youth Pass, 65+ Keystone Breck Pass, Senior 70+ 10 Day Pass, Stevens Pass Select Pass, Stevens Pass Premium Pass, Crested Butte Pass, Northeast Value Pass, Northeast Midweek Value Pass, Ohio Pass, Hidden Valley Pass, Snow Creek Pass, Paoli Peaks Pass.

*Summer access valid at the same resorts as your winter access. Does not include bike haul or access to partner resorts.
    https://www.epicpass.com/passes/epic-pass.aspx

Sorry, I only have an Edge card (young kids citiot), but my buddy has an Epic so I was hoping he might have gotten those vouchers for discounts but it seems no bueno.

Can anyone recommend some really beginner dirt trails for my 7 year old? Father son mountain bike trip coming up, he’s stoked but I don’t want to get him into anything he can’t handle. TIA

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Is there a reasonably close to Whistler parking for a trailer in the winter? Bradywine?