Page 39 of 53 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow Dog View Post
    I've never been able to find a #3-posi in BC. A #3 Philips works too. I believe the named parking spots are for W-B staff. "The Cabin" at the end of the lots is an administration building and has employee services and patrol.
    I got a set of 3 different Pozi bits in the IKEA screwdriver set. $14 CAD or something like that. $9.99 USD

FIXA 17 PIECE SET
    https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/fixa-17...-kit-00169254/

As per video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4KUiUVfXcI
    Last edited by puregravity; 03-23-2021 at 01:03 AM. Reason: added video link.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

I think some of those base 2 spots are for founders pass snobs. Base 2 has been kinda hectic this year, taking transit is the way to go for me.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin267 View Post
    I think some of those base 2 spots are for founders pass snobs. Base 2 has been kinda hectic this year, taking transit is the way to go for me.
    Or you get creative with the no parking barriers.

Real bummer was losing that obscure lot at the corner where they park the machinery. That was stealth lot.
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

I've never been able to find a #3-posi in BC. A #3 Philips works too. I believe the named parking spots are for W-B staff. "The Cabin" at the end of the lots is an administration building and has employee services and patrol.
    Not Squamish/Whistler, but KMS Tools stocks PZ3 bits that'll work in any standard multi bit driver.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin267 View Post
    I think some of those base 2 spots are for founders pass snobs.
    The named spots just below the Excalibur mid-station are paid and reserved for regular Joe passholders. Was around $500-600 a year last I was aware but there's an epic wait list.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just gonna ask them where they're goin' and hook up with 'em later.

Big YAAAY for the EPIC PASS discount!!!
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Big YAAAY for the EPIC PASS discount!!!
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...09#post6271309

Edge cards reduced 20% as well. Vail does the Paulster a solid.

N faces still ok

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Maybe. Can't be worse than this year overall. At least they can pack each chair/gondola now and if they get the lifts from the village sorted it can be back to normal. It doesn't limit anyone to skiing at just Whistler. There are lots of US places on the pass too.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Yessss. Didn't know. More options now! Thank you Vail.

Also worth mentioning, IKON gives 7 days at Cypress.

Maybe. Can't be worse than this year overall. At least they can pack each chair/gondola now and if they get the lifts from the village sorted it can be back to normal. It doesn't limit anyone to skiing at just Whistler. There are lots of US places on the pass too.

Yessss. Didn't know. More options now! Thank you Vail.

Also worth mentioning, IKON gives 7 days at Cypress.
    Probably gonna get a 10-day card next year now. And my kids will have 5 day cards. And they'll be in lessons cutting in front of us all. Welcome to the GONG SHOW

I read somewhere that Vail are refunding edge cards for people who decided to stay home and listen to the PHO, which they initially said they wouldn't.
    Think it was the pique but now cant find it.
    (also had my first vaccine shot yesterday so might have been a fever dream)

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    my theory is that next year is going to be gongshow chaos of EPIC proportions as everybody tries to make up for the lost seasons they couldn't travel here and WBVail/TW will over program/market the fuck out of everything to also make up for lost revenue...I'm definitely over the stupid early line ups this year, but at least the on mountain experience wasn't terrible, not sure I have much faith in that being the experience next season.
    I tend to agree, lots ‘make up for this year’ type guests but on the other hand lower mainlanders might vaca in Mexico and Hawaii to make up for this year. So it might balance out. 20% off may increase numbers tho. Either way, whistler will be a gong show on powder days as per usual.

I just bought an Epic Pass. Mainly for the sleeper pow days and slackcountry access. A 20% discount with insurance and hopefully travel options to ski at other resorts in Japan and Europe sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    I read somewhere that Vail are refunding edge cards for people who decided to stay home and listen to the PHO, which they initially said they wouldn't.
    Think it was the pique but now cant find it.
    (also had my first vaccine shot yesterday so might have been a fever dream)
    Nope not a dream. My wife got an email saying she'll be refunded and to just hold tight.

Now the real question is, will the refund be the money she spent this year for the edge card (~$100) and the previous credit from last year's debacle? Or a refund and credit? Or a refund only and I then have to call them and haggle? We just need a credit for next season's edge cards.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Except free early season skiing is only included on the 10 day pass next year, not the 5 day

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    Except free early season skiing is only included on the 10 day pass next year, not the 5 day
    JHC. Would you only be happy with free skiing for life, all season long?

I got a set of 3 different Pozi bits in the IKEA screwdriver set. $14 CAD or something like that. $9.99 USD

FIXA 17 PIECE SET
    https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/fixa-17...-kit-00169254/

As per video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4KUiUVfXcI
    No wonder I missed it (from Ikea):
    Contains: Hammer with separate rubber face, adjustable wrench, combination pliers, bit screwdriver with bits for slotted, cross-head and hex screws, and an awl.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    I just bought an Epic Pass. Mainly for the sleeper pow days and slackcountry access. A 20% discount with insurance and hopefully travel options to ski at other resorts in Japan and Europe sounds like a pretty good deal to me.
    Is there any particular reason to buy it now? Not to say you shouldn't, just want to make sure there's no special early incentive.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Is there any particular reason to buy it now? Not to say you shouldn't, just want to make sure there's no special early incentive.
    The question has been asked in other forums if the discount is temporary but it sounds like it’s permanent for next year anyway. I just put down the 49$. Gave me something to do today as I didn’t ski lol.

No wonder I missed it (from Ikea):
    Contains: Hammer with separate rubber face, adjustable wrench, combination pliers, bit screwdriver with bits for slotted, cross-head and hex screws, and an awl.

And I also stand corrected, that is $9.99 CAD price. I've had mine for 10 years. The bits have withstood occasional use. Perfect for putting in a backcountry kit for fixes on dynafiddles and the like.

Cypress has been hitting it out of the park lately. The moguls on Raven are all-time. The day-after recycled POW has been amazing -- SOFT and FAST. The lineups have been very pleasant with everyone nose breathing through N95 masks. The rush comes at around 3:30PM to 4:00PM.

Get there after the ice thaws and before school is out for the best laps. ALSO don't forget that night skiing ends soon - March 28. In 5 days. The views never get old.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UzfaFLv.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	553.9 KB 
ID:	368953

I tend to agree, lots ‘make up for this year’ type guests but on the other hand lower mainlanders might vaca in Mexico and Hawaii to make up for this year. So it might balance out. 20% off may increase numbers tho. Either way, whistler will be a gong show on powder days as per usual.

USD to Cad very favorable. Also no GST PST. Its almost 40% off the old WB passes

JHC. Would you only be happy with free skiing for life, all season long?
    JHC yourself.

EE always buys a season pass, just like you did for next season. He was pointing out that there is a significant change in the Edge cards from previous years. So if people are used to getting the free early-season skiing they now need to choose the 10-day card.

If you let us know what kind of info we’re allowed to post in this thread maybe people won’t get you all riled up.

For pozi bits even CT has some multi kits with PZ3. If you want nice long bits Amazon usually has the Irwin ones. They are sold out right now but I will be at the base of Blackcomb sometime tomorrow if you really need one.

Pink L120s. Make sure you call my name out very loudly if you spot me.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    JHC yourself.

EE always buys a season pass, just like you did for next season. He was pointing out that there is a significant change in the Edge cards from previous years. So if people are used to getting the free early-season skiing they now need to choose the 10-day card.

If you let us know what kind of info we’re allowed to post in this thread maybe people won’t get you all riled up.
    I think they're going to manage to upsell me with this change. I'll probably go for the 10 day or else the full Epic pass for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    USD to Cad very favorable. Also no GST PST. Its almost 40% off the old WB passes

W-B unlimited pass: 1,119 + GST = 1,175
    Epic pass: 783 * 1.26 exchange = 986

W-B gets you summer access if you like that sort of think. Who knows what the exchange rate will be in September.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.