Page 40 of 53 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1313
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow Dog View Post
    W-B unlimited pass: 1,119 + GST = 1,175
    Epic pass: 783 * 1.26 exchange = 986

W-B gets you summer access if you like that sort of think. Who knows what the exchange rate will be in September.
    I was comparing the WB unlimited from the year of the vail takeover. Apples and oranges I know

Edit. Greenhouse effect turned even N aspects into mash potatoes. Duffey N faces also impacted.

Dumbed down Singing Pass issues on the way out. Shovelled out some wet slide debris and shaved a whoop before Caution Corner

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    I was comparing the WB unlimited from the year of the vail takeover. Apples and oranges I know

Edit. Greenhouse effect turned even N aspects into mash potatoes. Duffey N faces also impacted.

Dumbed down Singing Pass issues on the way out. Shovelled out some wet slide debris and shaved a whoop before Caution Corner
    How high got mangled? All the way?

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    How high got mangled? All the way?
    At least to treeline per the avalanche forecaster

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone - I never would have thought to look at Ikea! CT has them, but it's part of a >$100 kit (in Squamish anyway), otherwise sold out.

On the passes, didn't they used to have a year round pass for both bike and skiing? Be nice to do a one and done annual purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Dog View Post
    W-B unlimited pass: 1,119 + GST = 1,175
    Epic pass: 783 * 1.26 exchange = 986

W-B gets you summer access if you like that sort of think. Who knows what the exchange rate will be in September.
    pretty sure epic pass gets you summer access as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kalisto View Post
    pretty sure epic pass gets you summer access as well.
    yeah think if you buy before next winter you get this summer with the epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    JHC yourself.

EE always buys a season pass, just like you did for next season. He was pointing out that there is a significant change in the Edge cards from previous years. So if people are used to getting the free early-season skiing they now need to choose the 10-day card.

If you let us know what kind of info we’re allowed to post in this thread maybe people won’t get you all riled up.
    Apologies for the micro aggression, its more directed to the general 'Vail Fail' attitude, which I'm kinda tired of. I don't get the hate, they managed to keep our assess skiing during a Pandemic and also lowered pass prices. Just tap the HELOC and buy the freakin Epic Pass y'all. The incremental cost is not that much more than a 10 day edge card. You'll end skiing more and not stressing about what days are worth skiing.

Thought that even N faces would be trashed by Greenhouse effect due to warming Temps ( which was the case yesterday) so went for a tour on Phalanx with low expectations.

Found preserved stable pow on N faces with good snow from 2300m all the way to 1800m even on open faces. In the trees even lower down snow was still good with schmoo of melt freeze coming into play below 1600m.

N Faces appear to have substantial stability at present. How stable? Car sized cornice blocks impacted Decker's N face without triggering step downs unfortunately while, of course leaving ski quality questionable due to debris. S, W and E faces subject to solar effect with substantial pinwheels.

Almost always post these as MINs but worth a callout as xyz and my group tracked out Phalanx already so you all can get thirds

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    Just tap the HELOC and buy the freakin Epic Pass y'all. The incremental cost is not that much more than a 10 day edge card. You'll end skiing more and not stressing about what days are worth skiing.
    I think I will. I've got big plans for next season. Big plans I tell ya!

Even I’m thinking of getting in on the epic if they allow a partial reimburse for last seasons pass to be applied, since I did not use the credit...due to provincial guidelines to stay home, in your own province....
    Last edited by teamdirt; 03-26-2021 at 03:26 PM.

Definately getting the pass next season. South coast touring is very meh. It's either driving to Duffey or Whistler back country. There's a chance I might have to wait an hour to load up on the gondola, but Duffey is always an extra hour.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Samsies. With a kid and limited ability to find time for big days on the coast seems like a no brainer for same reasons.

I save my big weeks for a couple trips to the selkirks and northern monashees each year. And the Chossies.

Didn't touch the Duffy this season given the seemingly ever so present parking and vandalism issues.

$1000 CAD +/- to lap whistler and access the touring in that zone seems like a good deal imo.

Walked into the pea soup yesterday with a buddy who has less miles of experience, it's still fun to get out and be back in North Van eating pizza and the quay at 4 pm after a couple laps out of resort and in bounds.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

The question has been asked in other forums if the discount is temporary but it sounds like it’s permanent for next year anyway. I just put down the 49$. Gave me something to do today as I didn’t ski lol.
    Prices always rise thru the off season. Cheapest purchase with most benefits, IE buddy passes if purchased in the spring. Typically until end of May. By the time fall rolls around price is higher, so they can still knock 20% off but overall it costs more. They want your commitment now, even if they aren’t taking all your money until September.

Apologies for the micro aggression, its more directed to the general 'Vail Fail' attitude, which I'm kinda tired of. I don't get the hate, they managed to keep our assess skiing during a Pandemic and also lowered pass prices. Just tap the HELOC and buy the freakin Epic Pass y'all. The incremental cost is not that much more than a 10 day edge card. You'll end skiing more and not stressing about what days are worth skiing.
    Well that is probably Vails plan, if you counted on the early season benefit to the 5 day, and next year you need the 10 day, then the step to buying the full pass is coming way closer.

Remember when a 3 day Card (pre Epic) purchased in the spring got you the rest of the spring season, plus early season the next year? Eldo can tell you about that as he probably skied 30+ days for a couple of hundred bucks....

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Even I’m thinking of getting in on the epic if they allow a partial reimburse for last seasons pass to be applied, since I did not use the credit...due to provincial guidelines to stay home, in your own province....
    If you deferred last fall, you should be able to apply whatever credit you got, to nexts year pass.

I bought a five day Edge this season and haven't used it due to the border closure, so a full Epic pass for 21-22 should be pretty easy on the wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    If you deferred last fall, you should be able to apply whatever credit you got, to nexts year pass.
    That’s what I’m thinking, hope so. If not Lake Louise will gladly take my money....

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    That’s what I’m thinking, hope so. If not Lake Louise will gladly take my money....
    Wasn't the deadline to use last years credit by Sept 17th, 2020? Pretty sure it was a use-it-or-lose-it one time offer.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Wasn't the deadline to use last years credit by Sept 17th, 2020? Pretty sure it was a use-it-or-lose-it one time offer.
    Correct.

That's why we had to buy our edge cards for this season, and my buddy and I took the risk and went ahead and used them anyway. Wife got shafted and had to cancel the trip so applied for refund due to 'stay at home order' and got an email saying it'll happen and to sit tight.

Needed to buy *something* last fall to use the discount code then hope you either get to ski or get credit via Epic Assurance.

Blackcomb lineups today minimal.. Ruby and Diamond

Whistler lineups today bad. West Cirque - Christmas Trees was all time.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Is the resort closing temporarily? Reading rumblings, doesn't seem believable.

Whistler closes for season this afternoon.
    Blackcomb closed starting Tues Mar 30 for 3 weeks.

Everyone in town now heading to the mountain to get in those last turns...

FFS...glad I got up yesterday.