Page 22 of 53 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clownshoe View Post
    Multiple 2 metre plus fracture lines on Whistler today. Spanky’s was beauty. Tree skiing is all time on both mountains. More snow next week. La Niña is on baby!
    No work today?

Much respect to Patrol-I’d be stressin’ doing AC over this cycle-thx to yer crew.

Pretty ridiculous, got in line for 8, couple mid mountain, 4 7th laps(obscene trees) Spankys( even w tracks it’s deep) and out before Whis alpine popped-maybe shoulda checked it out.
    I’d imagine we’ll see another day of peeps waiting on Whis alpine for 1 glory lap.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Check out Kye Petersen’s Instagram stories today for some mid mountain pillow action.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Check out Kye Petersen’s Instagram stories today for some mid mountain pillow action.
    Pretty cool. I want to see the drone footage.

Is that the pillow lines under peak to peak?
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    Is that the pillow lines under peak to peak?
    Pretty sure the stuff Kye and Logan posted yesterday isn't the stuff under P2P.

I think it is? Could be wrong, but they were on Whistler yesterday and you can see them hitting that jump into the bowl above the blue weather station by base of Harmony which would be the way out there. You can see Stan Rey skiing some of it in Magnetic as well a few seasons back.

Looks like Peak opened this morning, hope this isn't anything serious: https://twitter.com/wbmtnops/status/...546313216?s=20

Stupid question but here goes ...

I was looking at the @wbmtnops twitter feed and it says that the Peak 2 Peak was stopped due to some patrol emergency for a very short time. Now, what happens if there are people on it for a long time?

Is there a way for admin to communicate with the cabins en-route? I don't recall ever seeing speakers or anything in the cabins, so is it just you, your cell-phone and otherwise silence? Or is there some built in walkie-talkie/public-address system than allows a message to be sent to gondolas in the event of an emergency?
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Stupid question but here goes ...

I was looking at the @wbmtnops twitter feed and it says that the Peak 2 Peak was stopped due to some patrol emergency for a very short time. Now, what happens if there are people on it for a long time?

Is there a way for admin to communicate with the cabins en-route? I don't recall ever seeing speakers or anything in the cabins, so is it just you, your cell-phone and otherwise silence? Or is there some built in walkie-talkie/public-address system than allows a message to be sent to gondolas in the event of an emergency?
    No speakers. You just wait it out.

I think it is? Could be wrong, but they were on Whistler yesterday and you can see them hitting that jump into the bowl above the blue weather station by base of Harmony which would be the way out there. You can see Stan Rey skiing some of it in Magnetic as well a few seasons back.

Looks like Peak opened this morning, hope this isn't anything serious: https://twitter.com/wbmtnops/status/...546313216?s=20

Looked pretty serious. about 10 patrollers working on someone. they closed off the traverse around the inukshuk to west cirque. looked like the injured person fell off that traverse. needs a helivac so....

Damn that sucks, hope they end up ok.

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Is there a way for admin to communicate with the cabins en-route?
    Someone snowmobiles to the Fitzsimmons hydro plant and yells up at the cabins.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Someone snowmobiles to the Fitzsimmons hydro plant and yells up at the cabins.
    Knew it! The simplest solution is always the best!
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Whistler/Vail North 2020/2021

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    No speakers. You just wait it out.
    There is number you can text to get daily lift status updates. The number and text details etc are in the BC gondola at least. Might be in others too.

Well that was off the hook!

Good to have a full on Peak Chair huckfest. Stoked to see the corked 7 backflip off the waterfall(rippeyflip?) and all the others throwing their meat off Jordan.

After all that fun made the way out to the slackcountry for an afternoon shred

Pow down to bottom of Flute, then 2 laps on the front side, one on the back-a frontside Oboe, then backside Oboe, finished off w. Cowboy ridge.
    Good pow all around
    Thx to all who put in the skinners so I could pound out laps right behind ya!

Beer in Lot 7 for sunset!

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

sounds like a great day!

in less great news: https://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/lo...untain-3243758

Quote Originally Posted by raypruit View Post
    sounds like a great day!

in less great news: https://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/lo...untain-3243758
    Oh man. That’s terrible. I saw the peak chair stopped loading for a while around that time. Brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Farcisimus View Post
    Well that was off the hook!

Good to have a full on Peak Chair huckfest. Stoked to see the corked 7 backflip off the waterfall(rippeyflip?) and all the others throwing their meat off Jordan.

After all that fun made the way out to the slackcountry for an afternoon shred

Pow down to bottom of Flute, then 2 laps on the front side, one on the back-a frontside Oboe, then backside Oboe, finished off w. Cowboy ridge.
    Good pow all around
    Thx to all who put in the skinners so I could pound out laps right behind ya!

Beer in Lot 7 for sunset!

Damn dude, 6 afternoon bumps laps after Peak in January? Jealous of your legs haha. Sounds like a sick day.

https://www.wayneflannavalancheblog....ry-8-2021.html some good pics of big results from this week.

Terrible news about the snowboarder accident, young guy probably on first lap on a big day heading to West Cirque and that happens... thoughts to family and friends.

And all of us that passed up the Epic Pass and have to settle for FOGGY Cypress are just a little JjjjjjJJJJJjjjjjjjJJJJJJjjjjjjjj. Good for you guys getting after it. Looks like the best year ever for WB!

Sorry to hear about the snowboarder dude. I don't see any traverses in the guide book with 20 foot cliffs to enter top of West Bowl. Was that just a cat track he fell off the side of or what?

Name:  fu1TV2l.png
Views: 1206
Size:  994.4 KB

Name:  GXMowo5.png
Views: 1178
Size:  995.8 KB

The high traverse wraps around the back to get to West Cirque not on the front side shown in the guide book images.

Based on descriptions, it sounds like this area (brown line highlighted in yellow circle, from Ullr maps):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image0.jpeg 
Views:	133 
Size:	446.7 KB 
ID:	356998

Huh, the contour lines don't seem to indicate it's all that steep. Are you saying he fell from there down toward Upper Peak to Creek (although I thought that was called Highway 86)?

Huh, the contour lines don't seem to indicate it's all that steep. Are you saying he fell from there down toward Upper Peak to Creek (although I thought that was called Highway 86)?
    it's pretty steep and bluffy in there, I had read something about falling 20m, which sounds larger than I recall it being...but definitely a few places I've taken my time getting through depending on conditions as you wouldn't want to fall, as evidenced by this terrible accident. condolences to family and friends.

Bumps pow harvest acceptableClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20210108_135250.jpeg 
Views:	127 
Size:	163.4 KB 
ID:	357011Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210108_144707.jpeg 
Views:	122 
Size:	152.4 KB 
ID:	357012Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210108_145236.jpeg 
Views:	111 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	357013Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210108_144849.jpeg 
Views:	110 
Size:	142.2 KB 
ID:	357014

Whistler/Vail North 2020/2021

No, not that far down. Can’t find any pics and I don’t remember any parts being 20m drop but for sure not a place to fall, its shelfy/bluffs like Todd said. There’s a couple tight corners and sharp+ice rimed rocks below you, which also appear in the traverse to catch your skis/board and could send you flying, maybe what happened to the poor guy.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CJzGM...d=ts1tayfafp2y

There’s the drone view of Kye on that line the other day. Bad ass.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CJzGM...d=ts1tayfafp2y

There’s the drone view of Kye on that line the other day. Bad ass.
    Very cool. Thanks!

Condolences to Jesse Van Roon's friends and family.