Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow Dog View Post
    I'm in the Events Department (Operations) not Mountain Safety. Yes, Mountain Safety goes up the hill at 8am to set up banners and fencing. In the afternoon they hang out on the lower mountain ski out zones and eventually tear down the banners and fencing. During the day they hang out at various problem areas but there's lots of free time to ski or board.
    That's my understanding. However, they can hang out but not ski the alpine. Blue is cool. Black and Alpine is not allowed as far as I am told.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Waited 1 hour for the reservation system this afternoon with 105k people in front of me, log in was seamless (you end up on whistlerblackcomb.com so make sure you know your login/password there). All days are still showing as available as of now.
    No wait this morning.
    Nothing available prior to DEC 8th, won't release it till they are confident they can open.
    Not much use to me.
    My priority days are pretty much everyday till the holidays, then pow days.
    Nov 20-Dec 8th availability to come later.
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Whistler/Vail North 2020/2021

Supposedly the early season reservations (to Dec 8) they will release “the Wednesday before opening day” and open up each week the following Wednesday. No day tickets sold in that time as well?

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Supposedly the early season reservations (to Dec 8) they will release “the Wednesday before opening day” and open up each week the following Wednesday. No day tickets sold in that time as well?
    yeah the way i understand it is, no day tickets til the 8th Dec.
    Thought the system was excellent. Simple, easy to use. Booked all the days i needed over xmas.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    Booked all the days i needed over xmas.
    Im thinking of booking the Xmas week as my priority week. That could be the only week with demand close to supply.

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    Im thinking of booking the Xmas week as my priority week. That could be the only week with demand close to supply.
    That and the first weekend after New Years has traditionally been the busiest. Returned 5 year old helmet to MEC today!

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    That and the first weekend after New Years has traditionally been the busiest. Returned 5 year old helmet to MEC today!
    Did you return your 5 yr old chamois too?

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    Did you return your 5 yr old chamois too?
    No luck there ......yet. Rain to 3400m last cycle at WB. Rain to Blowdown Peak also

Name:  Image1604872262.497543.jpg
Views: 3533
Size:  40.0 KB

The latest local health order.

Likely to get extended.

Don’t ski w those ya don’t live with.

Don’t go on a ski trip.

I’m really hoping for a big snow yr, this could be great.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Farcisimus View Post
    Name:  Image1604872262.497543.jpg
Views: 3533
Size:  40.0 KB

The latest local health order.

Likely to get extended.

Don’t ski w those ya don’t live with.

Don’t go on a ski trip.

I’m really hoping for a big snow yr, this could be great.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Certainly didnt look like that in the village today. Jabronis literally everywhere.
    On the other hand blackcomb dirt has been all time past few days. Just frozen solid and no puddles. Havent' washed my bike in 3 days!

Logged in at 9am on Friday, was like 162,000 in line ahead of me. Checked on the queue every hour, 3-4 hours later it was my turn, booked all our spring break days, no problem.

Things are working great so far, best they were gonna be during this pandemic - hopefully 2020 is the year Vail goes good...

Just want to remind everyone that this thread has 2021 in the title. You can still discuss stuff about 2007 here or even stuff about 2025.

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    No. Please don't. I can juggle 2 threads OK but what if someone gets really inspired and then brings 2018 back into play?
    I can't do 3. I'm best in a monogamous relationship.
    Of course, 2018 was a good year! So maybe we should
    ... just to unjinx everything.
    What about cross quoting you from the other thread into this one? Hopefully that get's the hives itching.

Some people cross stitch.
    Some cross dress.
    But shirk is a a double posting cross poster!

Over/under on the resort being open for Christmas?
    Will the lifts even start spinning Nov 27th?
    Could see the Vail overlords pulling the plug with the ongoing Cover shitshow, they may not want the headache of a bunch of locally infected staffers.
    Skiing could be perceived as non-essential travel.
    Much easier to be a smaller resort than the behemoth that WB is.

Could see the Vail overlords pulling the plug with the ongoing Cover shitshow, they may not want the headache of a bunch of locally infected staffers.
    Doesn't the new restriction on the lower mainland already make it officially out-of-bounds to be in Whistler?
    I'm confused? We are not supposed to be travelling between BC health regions, right?
    (for this next 2 weeks)

Doesn't the new restriction on the lower mainland already make it officially out-of-bounds to be in Whistler?
    I'm confused? We are not supposed to be travelling between BC health regions, right?
    (for this next 2 weeks)
    Loophole: fly in from Ontario?

just bribe some one
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I am thinking to head up to panorama ridge this weekend to check out the area. Any beta on what to expect? Whack a shark or decent snowpack?

(for this next 2 weeks)
    No, travel within the "Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley" is allowed as far as I can see:
    https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/s...ainland#travel

edit: okay, it does also say "Postpone recreational and social travel." I guess you better hope the order isn't extended beyond the 23rd!

50/50 at this point.

yeah, people are basically making all the worst choices, and are absolutely incapable of following the simplest of requests and protocols to help contain it....so I'm with lee, and figure that since it's seeming like a strong start weather wise (all praise Ullr!), we'll definitely get shut down because of fucking idiots.

Unless the government starts gassing/clubbing people, every idiot will continue to exercise their rights to a halloween party and such.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/s...ainland#travel

Wording still seems a bit soft and only applies to the two week window. Definitely see this getting worse though, and unless they mandate travel restrictions and force hotels to close you are going to have people coming up from Vancouver. I'll be honest I will be tempted to do day trips if it snows but will respect the guidance, I think this is the issue though, if you don't force ops to close down you will have people coming no matter what. There's some fucking morons on South Coast Touring using the "I'm young and healthy, fat people are a bigger risk, walmart etc" to justify touring, risk appetite, SAR implications etc.

Cypress opened today and looks decent, anyone make it up? Too many Teams meetings for me to get away today.

I vote we blow up Lions Gate and 2nd Narrows. If then you can get to the mountains it's okay to go. Seems like the pretty good solution to me.