Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1313
    You mean for living in? Yeh the Whistler RV Park does winter spots. Great thing about them, is they have a sled trail that runs over to the Brandywine access so you can ride right from your camper.

Not living full time, just part time ski bumming for a couple of days a week.

There's that one or Riverside that's just a bit north of the village but probably way more expensive than the other one

Quote Originally Posted by Cocximus View Post
    Not living full time, just part time ski bumming for a couple of days a week.
    I don’t think they have short term spots during the winter at the south location.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Sorry, I only have an Edge card (young kids citiot), but my buddy has an Epic so I was hoping he might have gotten those vouchers for discounts but it seems no bueno.
    In case anyone else cares, turns out you get one free sight seeing adult ticket with Edge card, and discount on a second one. Paid $65 with tax for the second. Either that or the dude transferred an unused Edge day over, couldn't hear what he was saying. Kids enjoyed it and got to see older kids riding the bike park which was good.

Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    Can anyone recommend some really beginner dirt trails for my 7 year old? Father son mountain bike trip coming up, he’s stoked but I don’t want to get him into anything he can’t handle. TIA

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    We don't have many pedal trails that are green descents. Even blue can be tough. Lost Lake is good, but its very xc based. There are some trails that are mainly dh based inside lost lake and you can pedal off of the gravel roads to get to them.
    Other than that a 3 pass sampler for the bike park might be your best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    We don't have many pedal trails that are green descents. Even blue can be tough. Lost Lake is good, but its very xc based. There are some trails that are mainly dh based inside lost lake and you can pedal off of the gravel roads to get to them.
    Other than that a 3 pass sampler for the bike park might be your best bet.
    Nice, that’s sorta what I was thinking. Appreciate the advice!

Can anyone recommend some really beginner dirt trails for my 7 year old? Father son mountain bike trip coming up, he’s stoked but I don’t want to get him into anything he can’t handle. TIA

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If you take him in the park, start with ez does it, then golden triangle to del because vista. From there, next step up would probably be B-line or orient express (ninja cougar/karate monkey/ samurai pizza cat/ho chi minh/ longhorn / ezdi /Hornet)
    The park is a pretty incredible place for building little shredder confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    I don’t think they have short term spots during the winter at the south location.
    I have stayed there in my truck camper for a few nights in the campground south of WB. This was about 4 years ago so things may have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by nickel View Post
    If you take him in the park, start with ez does it, then golden triangle to del because vista. From there, next step up would probably be B-line or orient express (ninja cougar/karate monkey/ samurai pizza cat/ho chi minh/ longhorn / ezdi /Hornet)
    The park is a pretty incredible place for building little shredder confidence.
    Thanks for that! He kicked ass on Easy Does It, and we spent a bunch of time watching others ride, he's super into it. Spent the rest of the day at the jump/pump track.
    The amount of money in bikes in the lift lines is staggering.

Thanks for that! He kicked ass on Easy Does It, and we spent a bunch of time watching others ride, he's super into it. Spent the rest of the day at the jump/pump track.
    The amount of money in bikes in the lift lines is staggering.
    Sick! Little minis getting stoked on bikes is the best!

Shot in the dark, but is anyone looking for shared accomodations in Van? I am in a baller house in Kerrisdale. I was sharing with two other couples that are moving on.

In case anyone else cares, turns out you get one free sight seeing adult ticket with Edge card, and discount on a second one. Paid $65 with tax for the second. Either that or the dude transferred an unused Edge day over, couldn't hear what he was saying. Kids enjoyed it and got to see older kids riding the bike park which was good.
    I've got an Epic Pass and can confirm that sightseeing is included. I got the same deal as you did for my wife ($65) since she doesn't have a pass.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I've got an Epic Pass and can confirm that sightseeing is included. I got the same deal as you did for my wife ($65) since she doesn't have a pass.
    Just to confirm you got the sightseeing with an epic pass, not edge card?

Quote Originally Posted by Cocximus View Post
    Just to confirm you got the sightseeing with an epic pass, not edge card?
    Yes, Epic (21-22).

Whistler Mags, any recommendations/tips for finding a place to live in Whistler this winter? I’ve skimmed the thread from March and April and the stoke is high, so I’m hoping I can make this work.

I’ve googled and searched the forum (Jong!) but haven’t found much. Feel free to direct me to a thread if this has already been covered.

The basics:
    -US citizen
    -Likely thinking Jan 1 - April 30 (I’ve heard this will make it more expensive but so it goes; I could be convinced to start Dec 1 if it really made sense)
    -okay with roommates / co-living space (if that’s a thing) but also open to a studio/1 bedroom (though that sounds spendy)
    -furnished or quasi-furnished would be nice, unless it's easy to find basic items (bed, desk, etc.) around town
    -not planning on working but will be taking ~3 hours of online class most afternoons
    -won’t have a car, so would like it to be walkable/busable around town

This site says “The vast majority of people who end up finding somewhere to live do so via the magic trilogy of Facebook Groups, Caigslist and/or Kijji. However, it is also worth looking into local publication Pique.” Is that still accurate? I know FB groups are sometimes super useful.

Happy to buy beers for any tips, both now and (hopefully) when I make it to town and we can share turns.

The Pique has nothing for rentals. The best place I've used (as a landlord) is Facebook's Whistler Housing for Locals. Your own place (a studio or one bedroom) will cost 900 - 1500 a month if you can find something. Shared accommodations -- a shared bedroom or a bedroom of your own -- can still cost you 500-700 a month. Shared accommodation can be a ton of fun with the right roommates. There's more available if your a young woman of Japanese heritage. A lot of newcomers start at the HI Hostel Whistler paying the daily rate.

Most rentals are furnished and the Whistler Re-build-it Center has all sorts of furniture if you need something.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

Those prices are maybe from 10 years ago, around double these days unfortunately

Got it. Thanks, Snow Dog and Kevin. I joined the FB group and also have seen a few postings on Craigslist. If anyone knows any landlords looking for good tenants, please let me know.

You'd be a fool if spending a winter at Whistler without checking out other B.C. resorts...Just sayin'. Of course if you prefer crowds, high prices, wet snow sometimes mixed with rain and fog, then ignore the above. OTOH you won't find better partying or ski-centric shopping anywhere in N.A. that is better than Whistler.

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    You'd be a fool if spending a winter at Whistler without checking out other B.C. resorts...Just sayin'. Of course if you prefer crowds, high prices, wet snow sometimes mixed with rain and fog, then ignore the above. OTOH you won't find better partying or ski-centric shopping anywhere in N.A. that is better than Whistler.
    And for a guy without a car, where else will he find walkable lift access resort skiing that is some of the best in the world in terms of terrain/snow, in addition to awesome backcountry access with a generally good snowpack AND a walkable/bus serviced townsite?

And for a guy without a car, where else will he find walkable lift access resort skiing that is some of the best in the world in terms of terrain/snow, in addition to awesome backcountry access with a generally good snowpack AND a walkable/bus serviced townsite?
    Good point about Whistler being one of the few places where you can get by without owning a car in terms of transportation needs. However I have to ask the question: If you don't have the finances to afford a car and don't have a job, can you afford to live in Whistler for a winter? This ain't the 1970s.

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    This is why you have to spend a winter in Whistler. Going for a week or two and you may never experience anything except what has been mentioned. Being there for a winter means getting all those days that make it so worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    This is why you have to spend a winter in Whistler. Going for a week or two and you may never experience anything except what has been mentioned. Being there for a winter means getting all those days that make it so worth it.
    If you can only go for week or two then early April is the best time to visit Whistler as the crowds are gone, everything is on sale 30-50% off and that time of year is the best chance of seeing the sun.

I don't go to Whistler for the shopping. By April I'm done skiing. Historically March was the big snow month but not so much the last two years. Maybe it's climate change. If I was only spending a week in Whistler it would be the beginning of March. April is getting into spring skiing.

Whistler is a great town to be a dirtbag skier. Lots of low paying job, lots of people to meet, lots to complain about Vail Resorts, lots of chances to catch an std...
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.