Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24
    Looks like itís cooling off a bit as it snows.. could be good up high tomorrow? Mustíve been manky mid mountain today.

And yeah it seems to get a bit worse every season re: noobs who can barely ski deciding to get into touring and yard saling due to bad technique. Bumps is ground zero due to easy access and perception of low risk.

Whistler/Vail North 2020/2021

Or not. Check Logan Pehotaís Instagram story, ~1 inch rain crust at the top of The Bite ~1750m. Weather data looks like it didnít snow after it cooled over overnight. Hope the high alpine survived, Peak got up to -0.6 briefly but extreme winds.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Or not. Check Logan Pehotaís Instagram story, ~1 inch rain crust at the top of The Bite ~1750m. Weather data looks like it didnít snow after it cooled over overnight. Hope the high alpine survived, Peak got up to -0.6 briefly but extreme winds.
    Itís not an inch-itís about a cm thick.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Whistler/Vail North 2020/2021

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    The turns I just had on smoked salmon could of been the worst turns of my life.

edit: horstman glacier skied pretty well. High alpine touring should be ok when tbar and glacier open
    Last edited by xyz; 01-13-2021 at 04:01 PM.

Frozen debris at 1800m = above that was fine. Spankys' patroller dropped the rope and advised ppl to ski the bowls only if they liked "destroyed knees" and then went back down groomers. On the bright side that will help a reset

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Frozen debris at 1800m = above that was fine. Spankys' patroller dropped the rope and advised ppl to ski the bowls only if they liked "destroyed knees" and then went back down groomers. On the bright side that will help a reset
    1900-1950m

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Farcisimus View Post
    1900-1950m
    Whatever elevation is just below the Gray Zone high traverse so perhaps I misestimated. It was such complete total ass

I suspect that's going to be the foundation of a problematic layer for the rest of the season.

Breakable crust-fawk we need a reset