Page 28 of 53 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    Yeh why not, apparently a lot of the people testing positive for Covid in Whistler are recent arrivals from ON and QU fleeing their lockdowns, surprising I know that the people who are traveling, are the ones who are infected. Come on out and help us close down.
    Where are you getting that information?

Quote Originally Posted by unclebill View Post
    Where are you getting that information?
    Same place everyone get's all their information in a ski town.

I'm not sure the implication from Whistler ER folks was that out of Province people were testing positive for Covid as much as they were hurting themselves on the mountain and then packing up the ER

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    I'm not sure the implication from Whistler ER folks was that out of Province people were testing positive for Covid as much as they were hurting themselves on the mountain and then packing up the ER

No it was that a lot of positive tests where coming back on people who had come out for extended visits. And of course the source is heard it from a friend of a healthcare worker.

Up the Duffey today-found some good snow-car windshield shit free afterwards.
    -Good day-

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post

The Duffey has been crowded this year. Sure the lots are packed. But this kind of localism is getting out of control. It's getting to be the same kind of BS like it was last March and April when Pemberton people were telling Whistler and Squamish people to stay off Pemberton trails
    Localism outta control?

No, fuck that.

I’ll accept some peeps from Whistler and Squamish. Ya have a place in Whis-great.
    I don’t want to see a bunch of lower mainlanders on the Duffey-Whis is bad enough.
    Every SCT apostle wants to throw up some TR to show how their gettin’ it.

What they don’t post is the jammed parking lots, the double parked cars on the highway, the people stopped against the barrier so they can save 100m to go in to Joffre Lakes, the mountains of yellow snow cause they didn’t stop to take a piss—-or they did, in the local community.
    It was a shitshow before this last incident.
    We can all bitch about snow conditions or whatever other petty stuff but most of us in this forum lead a pretty good life.
    Don’t drive 2+ hrs through a bunch of smaller communities to feed your skiing needs. I walk by these cars and see all the Van parking passes/stickers. I don’t come to your community.

If you are gonna ignore the PHO’s advice to StayLocal don’t expect a warm welcome when you ignore it.

Many of us haven’t been to the lower mainland in almost a yr.
    We ski where we live and work.
    Then we get entitled recreationalists travelling wherever the fuck they want bitching about localism.

When ya come through Mt Currie to drive south there’s a sign-“Do you have to go to town”.
    Now if the local First Nation thinks 6km is too far to go, how do ya think they feel about 100s of Van City skiers.
    Hint-no access time the gas station without local ID

You are from Van——get over it—-come back when the PHO changes her mind.

Ya know what localism is during a pandemic-a responsible community.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1611026294.210613.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	196.8 KB 
ID:	358594

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Farcisimus View Post
    Localism outta control?

No, fuck that.

I’ll accept some peeps from Whistler and Squamish. Ya have a place in Whis-great.
    I don’t want to see a bunch of lower mainlanders on the Duffey-Whis is bad enough.
    Every SCT apostle wants to throw up some TR to show how their gettin’ it.

What they don’t post is the jammed parking lots, the double parked cars on the highway, the people stopped against the barrier so they can save 100m to go in to Joffre Lakes, the mountains of yellow snow cause they didn’t stop to take a piss—-or they did, in the local community.
    It was a shitshow before this last incident.
    We can all bitch about snow conditions or whatever other petty stuff but most of us in this forum lead a pretty good life.
    Don’t drive 2+ hrs through a bunch of smaller communities to feed your skiing needs. I walk by these cars and see all the Van parking passes/stickers. I don’t come to your community.

If you are gonna ignore the PHO’s advice to StayLocal don’t expect a warm welcome when you ignore it.

Many of us haven’t been to the lower mainland in almost a yr.
    We ski where we live and work.
    Then we get entitled recreationalists travelling wherever the fuck they want bitching about localism.

When ya come through Mt Currie to drive south there’s a sign-“Do you have to go to town”.
    Now if the local First Nation thinks 6km is too far to go, how do ya think they feel about 100s of Van City skiers.
    Hint-no access time the gas station without local ID

You are from Van——get over it—-come back when the PHO changes her mind.

Ya know what localism is during a pandemic-a responsible community.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1611026294.210613.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	196.8 KB 
ID:	358594
    Love ya J. I didn't and should clarify. I'm talking about pre-Covid. A bunch of people put a hut in Steep Creek (for a good reason no doubt). Then they get mad because this formerly quiet little zone gets blown up because they put a hut into a place where people can ski in under their own power less than 1.5 hours? And its the fault of the citiots that the Duffey- formerly our private playground gets blown up?

The crowds will continue and it'll get worse. Pemberton keeps growing. How many "long-time" Pemberton locals who've moved here from East want to bring up the curtain and shut everyone else out? The answer - too many. I've lived half and half in Van and Whistler since 2003. Shar has skied in the Duffey since 1992, I cringed when I see the pre-Covid jam packed parking lots. And also cringe when I see the jammed pandemic-era parking lots. But you better get used to it even cos it ain't getting any better. Then you'll see the poo fly. And it won't be me getting accused by some anonymous nimrods.

I hear RE is still cheap in Golden. Everyone go to Golden.....

I hear RE is still cheap in Golden. Everyone go to Golden.....
    Lol- Fuck u. Golden isn’t for u pussys. Stay in ur safe zone where u don’t need to know the snowpack beyond last week. As for the Duffy. Lee is right - u don’t own it. South coast has shit for tree skiing and this is the jewel. See u there. Just like the last 25 years I’ve been skiing there. Fuck with me and expect to get fucked up. I don’t play nice and my shits spray everywhere. Lol
    Last edited by teamdirt; 01-19-2021 at 08:35 AM.

How many "long-time" Pemberton locals who've moved here from East want to bring up the curtain and shut everyone else out? The answer - too many.
    This.

Basically everyone in the S2S corridor.

Also thing I don't get... why even live in the S2S corridor anyway if you want to avoid cidiots? People claim they never go into the city, then why not go east? Cheaper, less people? What am I missing here? Most of people I know living in the corridor do so because of the proximity to Vancouver, can't have it both ways.

... and coming out of the woodwork, I'm hard pressed to believe Lee shit on, or put shit on someone's vehicle. He's never afraid to be an asshole online and has helped me out on a few occasions. Secretly putting shit on someone's vehicle feels pretty out of character. That said, COVID is making people do some weird shit, so I guess we'll never know?

Fun story- several years ago some douches from Pemby sledded up to a zone we had been working into for 2 days from Bralorne. Said douches came in and skied all our lines In the zone without a chirp to us. We were the only group out there. End of day they decided to come tell us how rad they were and How local they are. They Obviously Didn’t know who they were yapping to but to them they owned the mountain. Thru there spit and enlarged mushroom heads they admitted they didn’t know how to get back to pemby. So they Asked us for directions as which way to go home as the way they came was far to long. We suggested a certain way out. 24hrs later our phones r lighting up with sar and other folk looking for them. Long story short, they spent the night in the woods. They were found a day later and also learned the valuable to not to be so f”n arrogant....
    Last edited by teamdirt; 01-19-2021 at 08:00 AM.

Thx Kalisto. I'd be an asshole IRL too. Spreading poo is a cowards way out.

TD. Ok everyone move to New Denver then...

I'm talking about pre-Covid. A bunch of people put a hut in Steep Creek (for a good reason no doubt). Then they get mad because this formerly quiet little zone gets blown up because they put a hut into a place where people can ski in under their own power less than 1.5 hours? And its the fault of the citiots that the Duffey- formerly our private playground gets blown up?
    Or was it because you went to that cabin, and blogged about how easy the 1.5hr ski was to get there, and gave detailed directions, and how great the access to skiing was. So every MECer and ACCer who reads your blogs went looking for this place.
    This is why on your next time into that cabin you came back to the cabin to find your clothes and gear outside in the snow and were told you weren't welcome.
    It's funny how your memory or your side of this story differs.

So as a newly made keeper of a secret zone: How does this localism in skiing thing work? Verbal Abuse only? Or can i go full on surfing and ski over to them and have a beatdown? The shit smearing thing is not my style im more of a brutish thuggy person, so i was thinking of creating skiing's wolfpak.

Seriously though: i thought canadians were like some sort of hicky elves..... friendly bearded people living in the middle of nowhere trading their in secret stashes for pearls and shiny things from the old continent?
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    So as a newly made keeper of a secret zone: How does this localism in skiing thing work? Verbal Abuse only? Or can i go full on surfing and ski over to them and have a beatdown? The shit smearing thing is not my style im more of a brutish thuggy person, so i was thinking of creating skiing's wolfpak.

Seriously though: i thought canadians were like some sort of hicky elves..... friendly bearded people living in the middle of nowhere trading their in secret stashes for pearls and shiny things from the old continent?
    Dickheads are rare here. Even the ones online who seem abrasive are probably awesome people in real life.
    Never had a problem with someone showing me their secret places. But that's the key - showing, not telling.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Lol, subtle word travels fast from Badisch Columbia to here. Didn’t expect to see other euro dudes here munching on popcorn reading poop stories.

Hilarious when people in the Sea to Sky corridor get territorial. Proximity to that many clueless gapers creates all sorts of opportunities for making money and anonymous hookups, but endless growth, greed, and stress has an obvious down side. If it doesn’t make you happy, leave. Most mountain towns in the BC interior are more diverse and interesting (or at least less redneck) for the people who apprenticed the lifestyle in and around Whistler, and then moved on to perfect it. There’s a crew here who bailed at the end of the Toad Hall ski bum era in 74 and a slow trickle ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    Hilarious when people in the Sea to Sky corridor get territorial. Proximity to that many clueless gapers creates all sorts of opportunities for making money and anonymous hookups, but endless growth, greed, and stress has an obvious down side. If it doesn’t make you happy, leave. Most mountain towns in the BC interior are more diverse and interesting (or at least less redneck) for the people who apprenticed the lifestyle in and around Whistler, and then moved on to perfect it. There’s a crew here who bailed at the end of the Toad Hall ski bum era in 74 and a slow trickle ever since.
    Ya - sea2sky refugees- go east! It’s THE place.

... just don’t look north. Nothing to see up here. Just tundra and polar bears no hills

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudonym View Post
    Or was it because you went to that cabin, and blogged about how easy the 1.5hr ski was to get there, and gave detailed directions, and how great the access to skiing was. So every MECer and ACCer who reads your blogs went looking for this place.
    This is why on your next time into that cabin you came back to the cabin to find your clothes and gear outside in the snow and were told you weren't welcome.
    It's funny how your memory or your side of this story differs.
    Online anonymity makes you brave. And wrong

There are no posts from me giving directions to the hut or mentioning the hut. I never even mentioned Steep Creek online pre 2007 because it was quiet till the hut got put in. After that the zone was busier.

Easy to check since a simple Google search will show you all this. Let me make it easy for you Mr Local

I never stayed in the hut. I've used it to cook but not left stuff there or had it left out in the snow. Does that make it better, or worse, that I've not had my stuff thrown out of a hut? Remember that we are talking about a hut built on public land accessible to all.

I can understand why you don't want to be public. The asshole in you shines bright

Here's a TGR thread mentioning a Steep Creek overnighter. I deliberately didn't mention a hut

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...-north-of-here

And the blog post http://www.leelau.net/sharonandlee/d...steep-creek-3/

haha, Pemby locs love them the olde "lee and sharon single handedly blew up the duffey secrets" trope...over a decade later and still trying to push it. It was not the big secret secret that many like to think it was at the time, and the cabin was pretty much immediately inundated by VOC/ACC/MEC groups from the first winter onward. Lots of cars overnighting along the highway at the bottom of a logging road has that effect, let alone many of the builder participants posting photos of the build on facebook when that platform was really just kicking off too.

Sooooo much douchebaggery in this thread....... but I think teamdirt wins the prize......what an incredibly lame story

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    Sooooo much douchebaggery in this thread....... but I think teamdirt wins the prize......what an incredibly lame story
    Lol-where can I claim my prize

Quote Originally Posted by kalisto View Post
    This.

Basically everyone in the S2S corridor.

Also thing I don't get... why even live in the S2S corridor anyway if you want to avoid cidiots? People claim they never go into the city, then why not go east? Cheaper, less people? What am I missing here? Most of people I know living in the corridor do so because of the proximity to Vancouver, can't have it both ways.

... and coming out of the woodwork, I'm hard pressed to believe Lee shit on, or put shit on someone's vehicle. He's never afraid to be an asshole online and has helped me out on a few occasions. Secretly putting shit on someone's vehicle feels pretty out of character. That said, COVID is making people do some weird shit, so I guess we'll never know?
    it would be a secret because nobody seen lee put poo on anybodies truck,

its an acusation based on circumstantial evidence the incident happened in an area busting with overuse where anyone could have driven up that road seen the truck/ flung the poo/ and left,

I chauffeured Lee around for a week, they picked up the tab for all the food and booze, never flung any poo don't seem like poo flingers so it just doesnt add up
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post

No it was that a lot of positive tests where coming back on people who had come out for extended visits. And of course the source is heard it from a friend of a healthcare worker.
    That isn't what you posted at all, not even close.

"Yeh why not, apparently a lot of the people testing positive for Covid in Whistler are recent arrivals from ON and QU fleeing their lockdowns, surprising I know that the people who are traveling, are the ones who are infected. Come on out and help us close down."

and actually, the ER doctor didn't say anything about postive covid tests, it was just patients visiting the ER on their trips from those places and the chance they could be spreading covid along the way https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...d-19-1.5870771