Page 33 of 53 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Are restaurants open in Whistler to go inside and sit down and eat?
    Yep. I was serving last night. Lots of Quebecois. Lots of nice people, not seeing many dbags which is rare.

No one has to close for two weeks after an exposure. Some places are staying closed for longer due to staffing levels, especially places that provide staff housing, as lots of people have to go in to 2 weeks isolation even if they test negative. If you have staff left, you can do a deep clean, peroxide the fuck outta everything and be back open within 48 hours.

We've been told that if we bring Covid into our restaurant due to being irresponsible outside of work, then we will no longer have jobs.

Not sure how well this is kept up to date, but it's probably as a good a resource on what's open as any: https://www.whistler.com/doors-open/

Listening to st Bonnie on the CBC

the current health orders are extended
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

why anyone would eat in a restaurant right now is beyond me. seems like a completely unnecessary risk

What risk? Around here there are no examples of restaurant patrons picking up CoV2 at a restaurant. It's always staff since they work in confined spaces in the kitchen and back rooms. You'd think the kitchen exhaust fans would keep thinks safe.

The restaurants I've been to are very pleasant. Quiet, not crowded and the staff are happy to be working.

From the CBC: B.C. keeping pandemic restrictions in place with no end date
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Dog View Post
    What risk? Around here there are no examples of restaurant patrons picking up CoV2 at a restaurant.
    Seems like this statement kind of works on the assumption that most people who have tested positive actually know where and when they were exposed, and I doubt that's the case.

True. We would need to use high resolution tracking to back trace cases. Maybe if we all carried some device with GPS and NFC and trusted that the government or police wouldn't abuse it...
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

I think that they are able to do pretty good job at contract tracing and in many cases know where/from whom a person contracted it.

I think that some of the restaurants have been ordered to close temporarily - but I stand to be corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Are restaurants open in Whistler to go inside and sit down and eat?
    I think BC Health only closed 7, so lots are open.

Duffey views top notch—alpine wind affected

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1612579088.170326.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	220.5 KB 
ID:	361439

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Yup wind fucked. Snow stripped from trees. Snow below is okClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20210205_135216.jpeg 
Views:	136 
Size:	155.2 KB 
ID:	361447Name:  IMG_0932.jpeg
Views: 1687
Size:  180.2 KB

Another 1800m day
    Quality snow

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1612666424.334741.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	276.3 KB 
ID:	361646

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Farcisimus View Post
    Another 1800m day
    Quality snow

Surprising to not see more tracks there. especially considering the shit show parking situation i saw via fb.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    Surprising to not see more tracks there. especially considering the shit show parking situation i saw via fb.
    Everyone goes to the same slopes across the valley. And that's ok

crazy slide off poop chutes?

Quote Originally Posted by kalisto View Post
    crazy slide off poop chutes?
    From Whistler RCMP Twitter:
    2021-02-12 15:41 PST
    On Friday, February 12th, 2021, at approximately 3:20 pm Whistler RCMP was notified of a size 3 avalanche in the Poop Chutes off Blackcomb Glacier. Multiple skiers were swept up in the avalanche. Four people were located: two were located with injuries, one was uninjured, and unfortunately one was pronounced deceased by a doctor in the area. Whistler RCMP are working with Whistler Blackcomb ski patrol, Blackcomb Helicopters, and Avalanche technicians and dogs on scene to determine if anyone else was caught in the avalanche. Whistler RCMP are asking to call the detachment at 604-932-3044 if they believe anyone overdue out of that area.

Always terrifying...

Actually 2 separate avalanches. Updated RCMP report:
    On Friday, February 12th, 2021, at approximately 3:20 pm Whistler RCMP was notified of a size 3 avalanche in the Poop Chutes off Blackcomb Glacier. Multiple skiers were swept up in the avalanche. Three people were located: one was located with injuries, one was uninjured, and unfortunately one was pronounced deceased by a doctor in the area. Whistler RCMP are working with Whistler Blackcomb ski patrol, Blackcomb Helicopters, and Avalanche technicians and dogs on scene to determine if anyone else was caught in the avalanche. Whistler RCMP are asking to call the detachment at 604-932-3044 if they believe anyone overdue out of that area. A second smaller avalanche occurred just prior to in on the Phalanx close to the Spierhead Glacier where a skier sustained serious injuries and was flown via air ambulance to an LMD hospital. It was initially believed it was one avalanche but in fact it was two separate in the same area.

plus yesterdays SC on Spire.....winds have been ripping in squamish past couple of days, can only imagine the wind loading taking place

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    plus yesterdays SC on Spire.....winds have been ripping in squamish past couple of days, can only imagine the wind loading taking place
    Spire was on Supercouloir

RCMP updated report source here

http://squamish.bc.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/Vi...ontentId=68275

On Friday, February 12th, 2021, at approximately 3:20 pm Whistler RCMP was notified of a size 3 avalanche in the Poop Chutes off Blackcomb Glacier. Multiple skiers were swept up in the avalanche. Three people were located: one was located with injuries, one was uninjured, and unfortunately one was pronounced deceased by a doctor in the area. Whistler RCMP are working with Whistler Blackcomb ski patrol, Blackcomb Helicopters, and Avalanche technicians and dogs on scene to determine if anyone else was caught in the avalanche. Whistler RCMP are asking to call the detachment at 604-932-3044 if they believe anyone overdue out of that area. A second smaller avalanche occurred just prior to in on the Phalanx close to the Spierhead Glacier where a skier sustained serious injuries and was flown via air ambulance to an LMD hospital. It was initially believed it was one avalanche but in fact it was two separate in the same area.

Ahhh fuck. Condolences and vibes.

Man, been a rough couple weeks for avalanche fatalities across the entire continent.

Noooo. Man. So sorry to hear this news.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Decker Main avalanche. Picture from the MIN captures when the skier is on the slab as it begins to fracture. Injuries but not fatality reported

40 deg slope angle approx at that point in timeClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210213-080315_Chrome.jpeg 
Views:	135 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	362703

Definitely the "oh shit!" moment. Yikes.

Another slide today with multiple people caught.
    Whistler RCMP Twitter @WhistlerRCMP: 3:45 PM · Feb 13, 2021
    Our team alongside @WhistlerSar are responding to an avalanche in Brandywine. Please stay out of the area... and note the backcountry snowpack is unstable we can’t stress this enough. @BCAdvSmart