Page 30 of 53 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Anyone hearing this chatter about Whistler Heli trying to get exclusive mechanized rights (shut out sledders) to Ipsoot, Phelix Creek, Soo valley, Snowspider, Twin One, Birkenhead etc?

Edit: doesn’t Whistler heli already have a massive tenure?
    173+ Glaciers, Garibaldi Park, yeah they have a massive tenure

iMapBC if ya wanna see the chunk of lands spoken for around the S2S

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Name:  bernie.jpg
Views: 1494
Size:  111.2 KB

I know not many get excited for groomers but yesterday's groom of full Dave Murray was sweet, ditto upper Cat - slingshot - gear jammer. The cord lasts forever these days!

Quote Originally Posted by nickel View Post
    I know not many get excited for groomers but yesterday's groom of full Dave Murray was sweet, ditto upper Cat - slingshot - gear jammer. The cord lasts forever these days!
    It's also been cold so it's lasting the whole day. WbOps has been killing it all season

Ross's Gold - the grooming is prime and rollers are insane!

Full Dave Murray freshly groomed with good snow is amazing. Makes a dude feel like he knows how to turn. Reminds me of growing up skiing in Banff.

Vail releases season stats:

Users down 17%, ticket revenue down 21%.
    Retail, dining, rentals, ski school revenue all down big time.

Non-locals to WB (and I'm one of those) need to step up and spend more to keep these businesses & staff rolling.

http://investors.vailresorts.com/new...season-date-22

Quote Originally Posted by KevLar View Post
    Vail releases season stats:

Users down 17%, ticket revenue down 21%.
    Retail, dining, rentals, ski school revenue all down big time.

Non-locals to WB (and I'm one of those) need to step up and spend more to keep these businesses & staff rolling.

http://investors.vailresorts.com/new...season-date-22
    I came here for the poo but stayed for the insane person asking people to "save vail" from financial ruin.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

I assume that's because the 80% of people still skiing all have has seasons passes so tend to own equipment, the 20% who buy days passes make up 80% of rental pool. If this is what its like at 80% capacity, I'll pay 25% more for my pass to make them whole and keep the lift lines at bay - if they promise to keep skier numbers at the same levels they are at this year...

Quote Originally Posted by knowsam View Post
    I assume that's because the 80% of people still skiing all have has seasons passes so tend to own equipment, the 20% who buy days passes make up 80% of rental pool. If this is what its like at 80% capacity, I'll pay 25% more for my pass to make them whole and keep the lift lines at bay - if they promise to keep skier numbers at the same levels they are at this year...
    Well now mate, that’d be an EPIC promise.

]

Come for the skiing-leave w the Covid

Less than 3 weeks in to 2021-the numbers
    https://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/lo...s-2021-3283898

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

The PHO needs to provide this level of detail all the time for all communities.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

In BC there are 3.8 million people under age 60. Over one year of virus, 37 have died. Thirty seven. And almost all had some medical condition unusual for their age. (24 of those were age 50-60). There are other things to be more fearful with; the risk of death (or serious disability) driving Hwy 99 is way, way higher than some bug. If you're that fearful of death, stay in the closet where it's safe.
    Last edited by KevLar; 01-23-2021 at 07:32 PM.

In BC there are 3.8 million people under age 60. Over one year of virus, 37 have died. Thirty seven. And almost all had some medical condition unusual for their age. (24 of those were age 50-60). There are other things to be more fearful with; the risk of death (or serious disability) driving Hwy 99 is way, way higher than some bug. If you're that fearful of death, stay in the closet where it's safe.
    Yeah, that's cool if you don't care about people over 60 dying. Seems a bit self-centered to me, but whatever.

The stupidity is strong in you, I see.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Yeah, that's cool if you don't care about people over 60 dying. Seems a bit self-centered to me, but whatever.
    This.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Quite a few people like Kevlar in BC that are very vocal. But they're in the minority thank God

In BC there are 3.8 million people under age 60. Over one year of virus, 37 have died. Thirty seven. And almost all had some medical condition unusual for their age. (24 of those were age 50-60). There are other things to be more fearful with; the risk of death (or serious disability) driving Hwy 99 is way, way higher than some bug.
    Whistler receives approximately 3 million overnight and non-overnight visitors each year. 3 million is 79% of your provided 3.8 million under 60yo population. So if you take those 37 COVID deaths and take 79% of that number it's 29.23.
    You're sayin that over 29.23 people a year die on the Sea2Sky highway? Where do you get your traffic stats?

how many people would die if nothing was done, if there were no masks, no lock downs, no regs, no nothing ?

how many people would be in the hospitols ?

would the hospitols be choked with ICU patients ?

would the reefer units full of dead people be idling outside ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

KevLiar mentions nothing of possible chronic health issues from the rona as well

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

So that means over 1000 people out of around 800,000 over 60 have died. And death or complete recovery isn’t the only possible results from Covid, many people who have had it, suffer permanent damage to organs that they will have to live with for the rest of their life.

And since it is impossible to safely isolate those at most risk, everyone needs to behave as if they are the ones at risk.

and the hospitols would be choked to the point the MD's who are working 80 hr weeks are the ones having to decide

who lives ?

who dies ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Whistler receives approximately 3 million overnight and non-overnight visitors each year. 3 million is 79% of your provided 3.8 million under 60yo population. So if you take those 37 COVID deaths and take 79% of that number it's 29.23.
    You're sayin that over 29.23 people a year die on the Sea2Sky highway? Where do you get your traffic stats?
    I believe the stats were pulled out of his ass, similar to his idiotic notions that there are lots of things to be more fearful of right now. WTF am I even doing in this thread...
    Since I'm here though, sort of lusting after a 1000m vertical steep fresh groomer now. That'd be fun!
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

this is the irony of the pandemic - if we're doing everything right, at every stage it will seem unreasonable. and after a year of lockdowns and restrictions to prevent transmission and ppl getting sick and dying, you'll get ppl saying "no one's getting sick and dying. what's with all the restrictions?"

Quote Originally Posted by raypruit View Post
    this is the irony of the pandemic - if we're doing everything right, at every stage it will seem unreasonable. and after a year of lockdowns and restrictions to prevent transmission and ppl getting sick and dying, you'll get ppl saying "no one's getting sick and dying. what's with all the restrictions?"
    Yes - the payoff of handling the pandemic as best we can (following science not emotion nor ill informed opinions) will be those shortsighted, unable to do complicated thought outside of binary black and white “this is good! this is bad!” idiots at the end saying “see?! Told you it wasn’t a big deal but you never listened.”

Let’s hear more about groomers! Those of us far from whistler are skiing it vicariously through here.

In BC there are 3.8 million people under age 60. Over one year of virus, 37 have died. Thirty seven.
    In CA there are 38M people and sadly we are way over 370 dead. Whatever you guys are doing right, keep doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.