Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1313
    Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Turning 40 this year (1981) has some benefits, hopefully get a registration date for dose 1 soon.

In non-COVID news, my buddy who has an Epic pass and put 8ish days on it got an Epic coverage refund email today, doesn't say amount of credit yet just says he qualifies. Seems odd, pretty sure he changed it to WB core season only like most people.
    Welcome to the best years of your life. Life actually starts at 40 now, and by 55 to 60 you will be at peak YOU.

As far as vax goes, my friends friend friend just told me that Toronto hospitals are using up "tociluzumab" and "optiflow" on people that have had one shot. The jab isn't a fix but it will surely help reduce serious cases and knock this down to manageable levels. That means still masking and not having group orgies JUST YET.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Yeah, and they’re fuckin’ morons too. There’s only one way out of this, and it’s for everyone to get vaccinated as fast as possible. Shopping around for specific antidotes during a pandemic when they’re all just as effective is batshit crazy.
    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

When asked whether Canada was considering banning flights from India on Wednesday, federal minister of health Patty Hajdu said that the challenge with country-by-country approaches is that “COVID spreads in ways that we can see and ways that we can’t.”

Until there's a vaccine for this kind of stupidity we're all fucking doomed.

I've really missed the late part of the season for the last two years now. I always look forward to it and consider it an important part of my year overall. Still the good chance of a winter storm and new snow and those nice sunny days mixed in. Best part of the whole season at WB imho.

More than half the people were arguing the wrong answers. Those people also have strong opinions on public health, virology and vaccination. We are so doomed. I wonder how most of the parliament would do answering the question. They would probably waste a few millions on consultants.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Whatever the maths, we're all fucked now. As per Horgan, they will be conducting COVID BREATHALIZER TESTS all along the Garibaldi neve /s. Wife and I have talked to our doctor friend and we agree to only get the Pfizer and/or Moderna. She (the doc) convinced me and my wife that the AZ isn't as primo as I had thought. So that's that. Got to do what the wife and family doctor says. Wife WILL NOT chance blood clots. So that's that.

A friends mother (80+ years old) died today in another province. She lives with her parents and all three got the vid. And all three are in the hospital. She's still on oxygen along with the father but the mother started turning BLUE and it was her express wishes not to be intubated and/or revived.

Good to see those dudes on SCT that did the Mt. Seymour Spring Suffer. They skied to First Pump peak, then skied down and mtn biked the trails all the way to sea level with their skis and boots strapped to their bikes. What a way to suffer on this amazingly beautiful sunny cloudless +26 Celsius day!
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Well I for one am glad we managed to sneak into your province and nail the McBride traverse during an unbelievably good weather window: cold, clear, stable.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CSG20106.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	673.6 KB 
ID:	372174

Some notes:
    - We did Squamish to Whistler via the Neve and McBride, April 11 to 16. Five days and change, but we were traveling fairly heavy (real tent, good food, booze, etc).
    - Most people go the opposite direction but south to north means you climb frozen solar aspects early in the day and ski good snow ("dildo powder"??) on the colder aspects.
    - Generally found it to be very straightforward -- nice conditions make things easier of course. But it's a few notches easier than, say, Bugaboo-Rogers.
    - If I were to do it again, I'd spend some time camped out to get more time skiing the amazing north facing glacier runs found the entire length of the route. I trudged by some incredible looking lines...

Anyways, sorry for sneaking into your province, and sorry for cunting up your thread. You may resume arguing about the relative riskiness of AZ now....

Nicely done CSG!!!! Agreed about going S to North. Need to explore more around Hour Pk and Drop Pass and Carcajou for example

And definitely agreed on this ". But it's a few notches easier than, say, Bugaboo-Rogers"

Quote Originally Posted by CSG View Post
    Well I for one am glad we managed to sneak into your province and nail the McBride traverse during an unbelievably good weather window: cold, clear, stable.

Name:	CSG20106.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	673.6 KB 
ID:	372174

Some notes:
    - We did Squamish to Whistler via the Neve and McBride, April 11 to 16. Five days and change, but we were traveling fairly heavy (real tent, good food, booze, etc).
    - Most people go the opposite direction but south to north means you climb frozen solar aspects early in the day and ski good snow ("dildo powder"??) on the colder aspects.
    - Generally found it to be very straightforward -- nice conditions make things easier of course. But it's a few notches easier than, say, Bugaboo-Rogers.
    - If I were to do it again, I'd spend some time camped out to get more time skiing the amazing north facing glacier runs found the entire length of the route. I trudged by some incredible looking lines...

Anyways, sorry for sneaking into your province, and sorry for cunting up your thread. You may resume arguing about the relative riskiness of AZ now....

beautiful photo

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Good to see those dudes on SCT that did the Mt. Seymour Spring Suffer. They skied to First Pump peak, then skied down and mtn biked the trails all the way to sea level with their skis and boots strapped to their bikes. What a way to suffer on this amazingly beautiful sunny cloudless +26 Celsius day!
    Did the same-ish just before that crew. 3 of us parked our bikes at the top, came back after a ski and there were maybe.. 5-8 mountain bikes there? Impressive undertaking, we just did the road up/down.

Name:	PXL_20210418_183953880.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	2.27 MB 
ID:	372182

Landyachts - nice

Cool!!!! Almost looks like that pulsejet bike that Colin Furze built.

In other news, the Pique has a valid point here.

https://twitter.com/PiqueNews/status...08170621313024

Love this reply. Ski touring in 'non-low' Avy terrain has a 1 in 5000 chance of fatality. Anyone on this thread knows how to evaluate and calculate risk. We are happy to trust scientists and engineers who send us weather data and design our transceivers, yet we don't trust the medical experts who tell us to get jabbed? Yes the politicians and bureaucrats have screwed up procurement, approvals and messaging but the docs are unanimous, it's a risk worth taking. Geez, we all ride A-Line and many of us have experienced unexpected slides. My wife got AZ. My kids & I all got Moderna as we weren't eligible for AZ. A close friend who's an ultra-high perf athlete is now a long-hauler and can barely walk the dog, and I know 3 people who've died. Yes dead, no blood clots, dead. Just get off the forums & get the jab if you have the opportunity. Even AZ and JJ. Go for it, invite your friends, you won't regret it. We need herd immunity in the huts - ha!!

Quote Originally Posted by adviljunky View Post
    Love this reply. Ski touring in 'non-low' Avy terrain has a 1 in 5000 chance of fatality. Anyone on this thread knows how to evaluate and calculate risk. We are happy to trust scientists and engineers who send us weather data and design our transceivers, yet we don't trust the medical experts who tell us to get jabbed? Yes the politicians and bureaucrats have screwed up procurement, approvals and messaging but the docs are unanimous, it's a risk worth taking. Geez, we all ride A-Line and many of us have experienced unexpected slides. My wife got AZ. My kids & I all got Moderna as we weren't eligible for AZ. A close friend who's an ultra-high perf athlete is now a long-hauler and can barely walk the dog, and I know 3 people who've died. Yes dead, no blood clots, dead. Just get off the forums & get the jab if you have the opportunity. Even AZ and JJ. Go for it, invite your friends, you won't regret it. We need herd immunity in the huts - ha!!
    I just got AZ an hour ago. Time for a run to really get this shit coursing through my veins!

As soon as someone starts talking about "x isn't as effective" or "y has more risks" I either end the conversation immediately or just get down to business if on a work call. Armchair epidemiology has gotten VERY fucking stale over the past 12 months. Glad to have just taken one giant step closer to ending this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by CSG View Post
    Nice one. I didn't realize that people go north to south, but that's consistent with general ignorance. We did it quite a bit later in the season and still had some powdery north aspect descents.

To me, it seems like anything other than switch to the village followed by a pitcher at the Longhorn deserves an asterisk, ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by adviljunky View Post
    All the events you listed you die quickly and hopefully painlessly... Being a lab rat on a vax that was rushed thru approval and is approved in an emergency use authorization only by health Canada which could lead to having possible complications for 20+ years isn't painless....Herd immunity can only be achieved by some people also having real antibodies developed from actually having the disease. A lot of people are not going to get vax'd till health canada officaly approves it and the drug manufacturers are liable. The way it is now the manufacturers are not liable for anything.... very scary.....

On a side note- Ive got a claim with Vail Resorts that I was told would be addressed in 3-5business days. Its 12-14 business days later.....

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    and the drug manufacturers are liable. The way it is now the manufacturers are not liable for anything.... very scary.....
    The irony. Scaredy pants here doesn't understand that indemnity clauses for vaccine manufactures are standard practice across the board.

All the events you listed you die quickly and hopefully painlessly... Being a lab rat on a vax that was rushed thru approval and is approved in an emergency use authorization only by health Canada which could lead to having possible complications for 20+ years isn't painless....Herd immunity can only be achieved by some people also having real antibodies developed from actually having the disease. A lot of people are not going to get vax'd till health canada officaly approves it and the drug manufacturers are liable. The way it is now the manufacturers are not liable for anything.... very scary.....
    yer out to lunch man.

you are super smart

Lol- do your own due due diligence

Ski you on the slopes fruit juice! Don’t let the dinasour kick u in the ass on the way out!
    Last edited by teamdirt; 04-24-2021 at 05:42 AM.

What a ride last night. Woke up at 4am sweat just pouring out of my body, I’ve never sweat like that before in my life. Went to bathroom dry heaved a couple times and just laid naked on the cold tile for a bit to cool down.

If this is the antidote then man covid must be pretty intense.

It definitely wasn’t the 12 beers I drank last night.

Huge snowpack, still lots of time to enjoy it, out for a leisurely stroll a couple days ago, hopefully we get a good refresh.

Name:	Image1619278350.364579.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	433.8 KB 
ID:	372565

Squamish/Whistler/Pemberton/SLRD-all of the S2S don’t want any visitors

https://www.whistler.ca/media/news/e...s-until-may-25

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

What a ride last night. Woke up at 4am sweat just pouring out of my body, I’ve never sweat like that before in my life. Went to bathroom dry heaved a couple times and just laid naked on the cold tile for a bit to cool down.

If this is the antidote then man covid must be pretty intense.

Oh wow, naked on the tile floor - strong highschool partied-too-hard vibes! Hope you're doing better now.

One does not simply drink 12 beers.

Epic shredding in the Rockies today! Enjoy!

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada...ntrol-problems