Page 31 of 53 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by raypruit View Post
    this is the irony of the pandemic - if we're doing everything right, at every stage it will seem unreasonable. and after a year of lockdowns and restrictions to prevent transmission and ppl getting sick and dying, you'll get ppl saying "no one's getting sick and dying. what's with all the restrictions?"
    Yeh, it’s like Y2K where everyone wondered why there was all the fuss when nothing really happened. But it was because the people and companies who had to do something about the issues spent the time and money before things went to shit, instead of waiting to see if things blew up or not.

In this case we have an excellent example right next door of what happens when you ignore the science and go with the political solution.

is it me or are the steeps really accessible this season? feels like its not too rocky and very small cornices

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1611628041.426393.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	381.1 KB 
ID:	359683

Went out on the bumps enjoying some low angle pow. Still feel the crust under but some nice turns.

Came down to check out the village after seeing the traffic jam to get out of town in the busy weekend.

Longhorn Closed -staff Covid

HYs closed-by order of health officer-Covid exposures

Buffalo Bills-closed just staff Covid

Alta Bistro-closed-staff Covid

El Furni-closed by order of health officer-Covid exposures

Splitz grill-closed-staff Covid

Pizza Antico-closed-staff ‘shortage’

If the lower mainland had 20,000 cases in 20 days would they be welcoming millions of visitors every weekend-cause that’s the whistler equivalent

Hope the all lower mainlanders visiting don’t get a ‘cough’, as several of these places were open this weekend.

Come for the skiing, leave w the Covid

Name:	Image1611628367.499038.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	213.6 KB 
ID:	359684

Name:	Image1611628397.452190.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	191.9 KB 
ID:	359685

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Only HY's and El Furniture are current; the rest go back to last October/November.

You can see all the current and past orders at VCH public exposures.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Dog View Post
    Only HY's and El Furniture are current; the rest go back to last October/November.

You can see all the current and past orders at VCH public exposures.
    The rest are closed—-today.

Outbreak is affecting staff.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Fair enough. The web sites imply they're open but unless I walk around the village I don't know.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

If the Longhorn is closed where are the Australians going to line up and at 8am and puke on each other by 10am today?
    Australia Day, the worse day in Whistler.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    If the Longhorn is closed where are the Australians going to line up and at 8am and puke on each other by 10am today?
    I'm confident they'll be able to improvise. They're a clever lot of cunts.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Farcisimus View Post

Name:	Image1611628041.426393.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	381.1 KB 
ID:	359683

Went out on the bumps enjoying some low angle pow. Still feel the crust under but some nice turns.

Came down to check out the village after seeing the traffic jam to get out of town in the busy weekend.
    Good to see you're staying home and not making unnecessary trips out of the house. I mean with all your spouting off about what other people should be doing, great to see you leading by example.

I could care less what your views are about dealing with Covid, some people will just stay home entirely, some will follow the guidance (which asks Vancouverites not to ski in Whistler), some will follow the letter of the law (which allows Vancouverites to ski in Whistler) and some will break the rules entirely. Everyone is going to do what they do and on the whole we'll muddle through this - but let's avoid being hypocrites, eh. The tone of your posts seems to have zero to do with health care and more a self interested desire to have to share Whistler with less people. As pissed off as it might make you feel, the rules allow them up here (just like you are allowed to travel internationally for leisure) so no sense in bitching about it.

Quote Originally Posted by knowsam View Post
    Good to see you're staying home and not making unnecessary trips out of the house. I mean with all your spouting off about what other people should be doing, great to see you leading by example.

I could care less what your views are about dealing with Covid, some people will just stay home entirely, some will follow the guidance (which asks Vancouverites not to ski in Whistler), some will follow the letter of the law (which allows Vancouverites to ski in Whistler) and some will break the rules entirely. Everyone is going to do what they do and on the whole we'll muddle through this - but let's avoid being hypocrites, eh. The tone of your posts seems to have zero to do with health care and more a self interested desire to have to share Whistler with less people. As pissed off as it might make you feel, the rules allow them up here (just like you are allowed to travel internationally for leisure) so no sense in bitching about it.
    It seems you do care about my views—which have been consistent for the entire pandemic.

Ski where you live/work.

Don’t know why that’s so hard to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by knowsam View Post

well said.

I wonder how the local staff got infected. Visitors fallowing the rules or passing doobies at the end of the shift. If proper procedure were followed how come there's an outbreak in the establishment?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I think you’re misunderstanding what I’m saying – I don’t care what your personal views are about the best way to approach the pandemic (as long as you’re following the rules). Whether you think that people should go beyond the rules is a personal decision – and everyone is going to be too liberal to someone else and too strict for others, and that’s ok. What I have an issue with is people deciding that their chosen path is the “right one” and trying to dictate that behaviour for everyone else. The rules say, don’t travel outside of your health region. Whistler and Vancouver are in the same health region – so people are entirely within their rights to decide not to follow the advice to ski local, and they are doing so within the rules. My opinion as to whether or not they should stay home doesn’t change anything, so the best I can do is take responsibility for myself and how I live.

All of that said – if I had a genuine fear that the city folk were bringing COVID to Whistler, not sure I’d choose to wander from restaurant to restaurant through the village after a weekend chocked full of them – that sounds more like the actions of someone who just doesn’t want to share Whistler.

If you want to set people off, find COVID posts on the Whistler Facebook group and demand that people campaign Vail to shut down the ski resort in the name of safety, because that’s the most effective way to stop people from Vancouver coming up. Especially fun to target the working holiday visa crowd there.

Whistler/Vail North 2020/2021

Best part of Aussi day is that they always made it to work the next day.
    Puke by 10am, passed out by Noon- 1pm, a full 17- 18hrs of “sleep” and they actually made it to work on time the next day.

In other news...I'm loving the hill right now. ZERO lineups. A little fresh snow kicking around. Cold. Great coverage. Super fun ripping around on decent snow with zero crowds. With the border closed, we should be good until the first round of spring break weeks. Whenever that starts. March?

Pattison N face looked garbage when we looked down it so went out to Tremor for some pow.
    Peaceful-no helis

Name:	Image1611976544.106674.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	240.2 KB 
ID:	360416

Name:	Image1611976596.375841.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	214.9 KB 
ID:	360417

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Best part of Aussi day is that they always made it to work the next day.
    Puke by 10am, passed out by Noon- 1pm, a full 17- 18hrs of “sleep” and they actually made it to work on time the next day.
    And the DJ knows he can fill the dance floor playing AC/DC tunes that were written before any of these cunts were born
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Farcisimus View Post
    Pattison N face looked garbage when we looked down it so went out to Tremor for some pow.
    Peaceful-no helis

Name:	Image1611976544.106674.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	240.2 KB 
ID:	360416

Name:	Image1611976596.375841.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	214.9 KB 
ID:	360417

Looks nice. Wish I'd followed through with taking up touring 20 years ago.

I just saw a story that there have been more Whistler COVID-19 cases in January than all of last year!

COVID-19 spikes has Whistlerites split...

Some call for ban on out-of-towners while others say problem lies in shared housing

Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry said the risk of COVID-19 transmission is not on the ski hill, but in the gatherings that may take place before and after.

She has previously said people in B.C. should stick to their local ski hills, but on Friday said day trips were better than multi-day vacations.

"I would say day trips are less risky, with your family, your household," she said.

"If you're somebody who works, or has strong connections and lives partly in Whistler, then yes, that is your local ski hill."

Dine in at restaurants/bars need to be shut down, province wide. Every time I grab take out (to support the joints in my hood that I like), it’s packed with tables of 4 or 6, strange that mid 30s/40s couples that live together during COVID would also be dining together. Especially strange when they get into separate Range Rovers/Cayennes outside the joint after.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Dine in at restaurants/bars need to be shut down, province wide. Every time I grab take out (to support the joints in my hood that I like), it’s packed with tables of 4 or 6, strange that mid 30s/40s couples that live together during COVID would also be dining together. Especially strange when they get into separate Range Rovers/Cayennes outside the joint after.
    It seems telling that it is pretty much exclusively bars and restaurants closing due to infected staff. We don't have grocery stores, tour companies, coffee shops, stores, spas, etc shutting down. If the issue was irresponsible employees going to house parties wouldn't there be wider representation of affected businesses? Instead it's restaurants (and WAG). Am I supposed to believe that Pizzeria Antico staff are that much more irresponsible than those at Lululemon and Blenz? It seems to me what they are is more at risk.

As far as I can tell, these closures lead to two conclusions:
    1) Restaurants put their employees at higher risk of infection than other businesses, resulting in more shutdowns (in which case they probably shouldn't be open period)
    2) Restaurants with infected staff put patrons at higher risk than other businesses with infected staff, resulting in more shutdowns (in which case they probably shouldn't be open period).

Regarding Whistler area, the Health Authority reports:

"All the possible exposures are considered to be low risk."
    "None of the infections have resulted in hospitalization or death."

Anything unofficial beyond those statements is someone's hysteria.

Quote Originally Posted by KevLar View Post
    Regarding Whistler area, the Health Authority reports:

"All the possible exposures are considered to be low risk."
    "None of the infections have resulted in hospitalization or death."

Anything unofficial beyond those statements is someone's hysteria.
    You forgot to say its just the flu and it's just old people dying