Page 10 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    No lineups. Skiout to valley in November better than last year January. Keep the borders closed

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201126_101841.jpeg 
Views:	77 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	349921

Turns on skiout

Turns on skioutClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20201126_102410.jpeg 
Views:	85 
Size:	67.8 KB 
ID:	349922

sweet, looks like the bcomb gondy is actually functional too

Quote Originally Posted by raypruit View Post
    sweet, looks like the bcomb gondy is actually functional too
    It works fine at 20% capacity.

Whistler/Vail North 2020/2021

Great day out there. Lineups weren’t too bad. Lots of snow up high. Base must be 6 weeks ahead of last year.

We popped Sudan’s cherry as someone had to.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1606428581.394284.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	142.7 KB 
ID:	349980
    Last edited by xyz; 11-26-2020 at 08:09 PM.

sick. where are you allowed to tour right now and what are the allowed uphill routes?

sick. where are you allowed to tour right now and what are the allowed uphill routes?
    Yeah. Above jersey is open to uphill travel.

great first day, extremely chill, pow, low tide, hiked the peak up pika's no boundary signs or ropes ducked to do it either. There's a few big holes on Whistler Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    great first day, extremely chill, pow, low tide, hiked the peak up pika's no boundary signs or ropes ducked to do it either. There's a few big holes on Whistler Bowl
    Everything worked well. Lines, uploads, people being courteous, conditions in general ....

And more snow and generally low temps in the forecast

Sounds like good reviews of day 1 all around. Glad protocol is working and people are being cool with masks and protocols.

Name:  Image1606436734.475744.jpg
Views: 684
Size:  55.7 KB

Well fawk, hope this isn’t true.

If ya cancel the day prior there’s no fuckin way ya should be penalized.

I expect to be able to ski everyday, hence they are all booked, I’ll cancel if conditions look shit or I’m going touring.....the only reasons I wouldn’t be on the resort.

Don’t start telling me my pass is limited.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Farcisimus View Post

I expect to be able to ski everyday, hence they are all booked, I’ll cancel if conditions look shit or I’m going touring.....the only reasons I wouldn’t be on the resort.

I'd wait to actually know things are a fact first, which would be communicated by Whistler/Vail. I've seen a lot of bitching about Vail this year 99% of it has turned out to be big fat nothingburgers.

Jeez, so after 3+ weeks of all consuming negativity throughout this thread, everyone gets their opening day and reports back that the sky has in fact not fallen. Hopefully this marks a shift in our collective mental health and we can focus on the actual skiing and less about hot takes on Whistler Winter Facebook... TGR should be better than that.

WB (and Vail) did a pretty awesome job in my opinion and ran a good show today, there's still no doubt that transmission will take place though, but I think the importance of having access to the mountain is integral to the local economy and well being. Still some forgetful folks who couldn't get their masks up in line, we could have done better but I thought it was a pretty solid effort. I would grant nothing is guaranteed though, there was still a fair bit of close contact which might be hard to justify if healthcare systems continue to be stretched thin.

I feel EXTREMELY fortunate that myself and you gentlemen and ladies got to ski today and I wish a long and precipitous winter for all of you.

Keep the pics rolling.

What's this about penalizing pass holders for no shows? I look to book a week out, and sometimes a call leads to my working a day that a week out I expected to have a few hours to sneak out. I get it if you book 7/7 every week, but here and there?

what's the backstory on that weird screencap? I cancelled a booked day, well in advance, the other day and haven't had any correspondence indicating that wasn't allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by ahmedthesailor View Post
    less about hot takes on Whistler Winter Facebook... TGR should be better than that.
    Baby Jezuz you are fucking new here aren't you?

Being chained to my desk in North Van I was hoping for a shitshow of epic proportions. I guess we'll have to wait for the first real pow day to see how things really are.

I went in and cancelled all my priority days then rebooked different days. It worked well, no issues (yet).

I remember reading somewhere that they won't 'punish' no shows as getting sick with COVID might be a reason for the no show.

Edit: fine print for no shows and cancellation:

What if I do not ski or ride on the day of my reservation?

A: If you no longer plan to use your reservation, you may cancel the reservation by 12:00 am of your planned ski date. The earlier you cancel your reservation, the more likely that a fellow skier or rider will be able to use your spot to enjoy the mountain. You will be able to cancel your reservation by going online at epicpass.com or on our resort sites in your "My Account" profile.

Our goal is to accommodate everyone who wants to ski and ride at our mountains this season. To make that happen, you should ONLY book week-of reservations for days that you plan to use. If you abuse the system by repeatedly missing or cancelling week-of reservations (or Priority Reservation Days that you booked within 2 weeks of the reservation date), you may lose your reservation privileges for a period of time.
    Last edited by xyz; 11-26-2020 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    I'd wait to actually know things are a fact first, which would be communicated by Whistler/Vail.

Communication is not their strong point.

I have zero faith in anyone above the local middle management.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

They haven't actually outlined what "penalize" means have they? Obviously they need to stop pass holders from booking 7 days every week and not using/canceling. Would imagine they will give warnings before taking any action due to bad PR of banning passes without prior warning (maybe 3 strikes)?

Maybe they don't want to explicitly state the limit of booking/canceling cuz then people will just go right up to it every week... who knows, maybe they don't have any rules and just make that statement in case they have to start enforcing.

I think the concern here is days being fully booked such as this weekend and people cancelling at the last minute while others are not able to make such last minute plans based solely on conditions. Believe they want to make sure those would ski (& spend money) regardless of conditions or outside factors can because they have made a reservation and less flexibility to choose ski days.

For instance I would book Sunday now but, am not going to check religiously to see if someone has cancelled and availability suddenly pops up.

Great opening day, 1st day skiing W/B & first day making turns in Canada. Hope we have a nice long, special season on our hands.

[QUOTE=shirk;6147122]Baby Jezuz you are fucking new here aren't you?

Being chained to my desk in North Van I was hoping for a shitshow of epic proportions. I guess we'll have to wait for the first real pow day to see how things really are.[/QUOTE

I’m not new here, but the projected negativity... you are more or less a local or very close. No need to wish misery on people who can get after it.
    But good for job, more negativity might keep a few people away.

Rejoice! My 7yr old and I got 21,000’ vertical today.

I come to this thread now to get updates and opinions of people in Seattle or Ontario on skiing, the mountain or our local heath situation. Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    Yeah. Above jersey is open to uphill travel.
    what about on whis? presumably peak is off limits otherwise shale would be tracked to shit? harmony? wish this stuff was posted somewhere

what about on whis? presumably peak is off limits otherwise shale would be tracked to shit? harmony? wish this stuff was posted somewhere
    Whis side seems to be open for hiking.

Communication is not their strong point.

I have zero faith in anyone above the local middle management.

Hey believe me I'm no Vail bootlicker, but between the emails they send me and the details put on their website, everything has been pretty well laid out. Sure, stuff kinda comes at the last minute and good luck getting actual hold of a real live person, but all this bitching and moaning about their incompetence this season has for the most part been unfounded. They honestly seem like they're doing their best given the current clusterfuck of a situation.

Whistler/Vail North 2020/2021

Covid pro tip: fitz chair. It was basically walk right on today while Excalibur was double penetration long line ups. Hopefully the blackcomb Gondi doesn’t have a big line in the morning, anyone been there for 1st upload?