Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    So what's up with the claimed weights of these bikes? This SB140 weighs 2.0 lbs. more than what Yeti's website says (no pedals). Not sure what the weight difference between a medium and large is, but that seems a bit off.

No worries. Just curious.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bikes.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	2.00 MB 
ID:	344691

the cheap ( a relative term) 5.5 is < 32lbs with pedals, i think you will find a 140 will come in around that figure
    Last edited by XXX-er; 10-24-2020 at 11:25 AM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Just wondering how that sb140 is treating you. I am headed to the LBS today and they think I should be on a sb115 so I am going to check it out (C1 anthracite). I just sold my 2015 5010CC and loved that bike but just want to try something new. light agile 27.5 i really liked it.
    I thought I would get a sb130 but they really say I should try the sb115 (sb100 with bigger fork and shock) but I sometimes think that's because they have one in stock...
    They also have a sb140 in my size, no sb130.
    I am also eyeing a sb5 which is on sale. it's 27.5...
    I have to say I would like the yeti turqoise if i could find one.
    If anyone has a large they want to sell that might fit the bill, PM me.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Happy with it so far! Sounds like a relatively good assortment at the local shop. Where are you located?

Quote Originally Posted by powbmps View Post
    Happy with it so far! Sounds like a relatively good assortment at the local shop. Where are you located?
    Have you broken the frame yet? lol

I am looking at the SB140 C2 build with upgraded shocks and components. Have a local shop and a buddy that works there that I have started to talk with. Hopefully get an order together for spring delivery after ski season is over, make a trip to Fruita/Moab, etc.

Are you still happy with the 27.5" choice? I am a bit bigger at 5'11" but I have a 6yo and 4yo that I want to start getting out on trails, etc. and a 29" just doesn't seem as fun at slow speeds. I am just starting out though.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)