Thread: 997 love

997 love

So I love me some 997 equipes. That being said, it is getting hard to find them anymore. I have almost been tricked twice now by some 900s equipes that had tab adjustable heels, not worm screw. Did the 900s era equipes have any worm screw iterations or only tab heel?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    More cowbell!!!

any of the 11-17 10-20 12-24 DIN versions were screw adjust
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

997 love

Pretty sure 16 din s900 was worm screw. Dig around in here if you have a free hour or ten https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ad.php?t=82360

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Came here to see beautiful German driving machines... ended up just reading about wormholes.

Guess it is 2020 after all!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

916 and 920 don't float your boat? They're wormscrew and all metal goodness

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    916 and 920 don't float your boat? They're wormscrew and all metal goodness
    They do, but I have yet to find any in my thrift store expeditions.

For those wanting a little more performance out of the older metal drivers, they will accomidate the wider AFD's from the last gen Sth16 (Pre Sth2) bindings. While not technically Gripwalk compatible...I would bet dollars to donuts that they would pass if set up correctly and torqued.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexon Phil View Post
    For those wanting a little more performance out of the older metal drivers, they will accomidate the wider AFD's from the last gen Sth16 (Pre Sth2) bindings. While not technically Gripwalk compatible...I would bet dollars to donuts that they would pass if set up correctly and torqued.
    I never have problems with the AFD - my metal Solomon challenge is the plastic bit on the underside of the toe wings. I know some folks use JB weld. Is that still the preferred solution?

If you are tinkering around thrift stores for fun, good luck. If you are really in need of some worm screw heels, I probably have a pair of 900 916s in Boise I could let go for the right amount of of beer. Yes, JB is still the best fix I’ve seen for toe wing AFDs. I’ve had limited luck with epoxy and toe AFDs from donor bindings but those usually give out over time.

I don't really need screw heel Salomon bindings. I have a few pairs in use and a set in reserve. I was just lamenting the fact that it is hard to find 25 year old bindings at the Youth Ranch these days. It was exciting when you came across a minty 997 or DR9 equipe for $10! Like finding a gold nugget!