Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL 2021 Season

NHL 2021 Season

Name:  IMG_2987.JPG
Views: 4080
Size:  32.5 KB

Tentative start date is January 1st 2021. With or without fans in the seats.

Free agency starts today. Let’s see what happens with this uncertain season.
    Last edited by Labcabin; 10-09-2020 at 07:20 AM.

Good call on a new NHL thread.

My Wild are really shaking things up. SOOO needed. Think we move on a goalie today. Love to see us move Parasie to the NYI. Dumba has trade value too.

The action starts at 11 am.

Rumor is Lundqvist will come to the Capital’s on a one year deal as backup and a mentor. Still wish they could find a way to retain Holtby.

Holtby to Vancouver! Way to go Canucks!

And half the Canucks sign with Calgary. The big fish, Hall, is still out there. Lots of others still available.

Obviously the wheels fell off in post season but I feel this Bruins team has one more good run in them. The goaltending situation will be interesting though.

NHL 2021 Season

Maybe mid January now.

Hub cities

New divisions. Canada teams staying in Canada.

WJC teams have had issues with Covid. All of Team Canada had to go into quarantine after 2 players tested positive last month. Germany just had 8 players test positive and will have to quarantine til the day before the tournament starts.

The NHL probably won't be able to escape Covid issues like it did for the playoffs recently. Will be interesting to see how it all plays into the season.

Anyone have center ice / nhl network subscription that can speak to whether it’s worth it?

I don’t have cable, currently dealing with a roku and the streaming channels kind of suck in regards to hockey with the exception of center ice / NHL network.

eta: Upon further research I guess these aren’t the same thing. Don’t even know if I can get center ice on the roku, but would appreciate opinions on both. I miss watching games, NBC sports definitely has not been cutting it the last couple years.

NHL 2021 Season

Not worth it IMO. In MN we get all the Wild games plus anything on NBCSN.

Unless you don’t have a local team with coverage or want to watch a specific team, skip it.

Last season they gave out Center Ice for free.

When the playoffs start (when it really counts) all games are broadcast across NBC networks. NBC, NBCSN, USA, and CNBC.

Install a sports bar multiple TV set up (like I have) and watch them all at once.

I've had an NHL center ice subscription for a few years. It has been worth it for me. I don't have cable or other subscriptions that stream sports and my team is out of market (Flames) so I'd never see them play otherwise unless I go to games in Anaheim or LA. I can't watch on Center Ice when they play down here as those are considered local market and get blacked out. Games on national broadcasts also get blacked out. During playoffs I subscribe to Hulu for 2 months, you can watch all the games.

I don't think NHL network shows many games, it is more highlights/interviews/other shows. Center Ice is game feeds only. You don't need Roku for it.

Edit - what I had used to be called Center Ice....now it is called NHL Live? Dunno.... I pay one annual fee and I can stream games on any device - computer, tablet, phone, smart tv.

NHL 2021 Season

So Jan 13 is go date! All inter divisional play. Each team eight times. New divisions. You meet other divisions teams in the playoffs. Top 4 division teams get in the playoffs.

And Canada teams may need to relocate to the USA because of border issues.

Chara to Washington!!!!

Who else is watching World Junior championship game? Liking the pace and energy the U.S. brought in the first period.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by dtown View Post
    Who else is watching World Junior championship game? Liking the pace and energy the U.S. brought in the first period.

Streaming? On cable?

NHL network in the US, assuming TSN in Canada

2-0 US after 2...Canada starting to turn it on, should be a good 3rd

My baby looks so handsome in his new jersey!

Name:  IMG_2734.JPG
Views: 3702
Size:  82.0 KB
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Yes he does. Hope he retires in black and gold.

Bruins season feeling like it hinges on the development of the young D core.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Bruins season feeling like it hinges on the development of the young D core.

100% accurate

Offense and goaltending are very good

Defense very questionable

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

So Stars, Canucks, Blue Jackets, and Penguins have all canceled team operations because of COVID. Not a great start.

No bubble = no bueno. I think the size of the “taxi squads” will go from 6 to each teams entire top minor league affiliate.

Pumped for my Wild to get going. Some out with the old, in with some new I’ve been hoping for for many years. Nice to see Foligno get a three year extension. He should be our captain. Take Suter’s A and give it to him.

T minus 57 minutes and counting until Pit / Philly kick this year off.

Kathryn Tappen looks absolutely fucking incredible tonight

Got the Caps game on NHL Center Ice. NBC Sports Washington host Alexa Shaw...wow...10

Kathyrn, you have some future competition.