Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What new skis are full rocker?

Fell in love with Hojis years ago, Black crow Damian last year. Rediscovered Elan boomeranges.

So I like rockered skis and I can not lie

whats new for this year?

Icelantic has a new radius rocker ski called the Saba, 117 underfoot IIRC?

praxis is building a 189 kusala, orders close in a week or two

'new' in a way but moment chipotle bananers and ghost trains are currently available on limited runs

Volkl makes a few. I know the 100Eight is full rocker.

What’s wrong with old rocker?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Movement GO REVERSE 109 and GO REVERSE 115

New Devastor from 4frnt.

Last year you got the black crows Corvus (flat+rocker)

Moment meridian and chipotle banana.

Some of the factions are flat with tip and tail rocker which performs very similar.

The line vision series has very little camber basically flat, but are very light so depends whats you using it for it could be good.

Believe BC Nocta is flat with tip and tail rocker, 122 underfoot

That SGN Togga looks pretty dope. I hadn’t noticed until a recent sell thread but the Sego Prospect looks pretty interesting, too bad they did away with 112. Similar to the Kusala the Prospect runs flat for a bit underfoot but pretty damn close to full rocker, would love to hear from someone with some time on em (Alfonso?). Really really wish Moment would put out a Meridian in the 110-115 range, dem Naners are fuckin dialed. Last year Lithic was a running a full reverse pintail in their Skunkworks line, no idea what their plans are for this year.
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

I’m waiting for Volkl to go 2pi and bring back a 112m, hefty, elp rocker ski. Without any of this blended sidecut bs. I may wait the rest of my life. They should have called the Katana 108 the Gotama, wtf were they thinking? What happened to the early 2010s metal Katana? Did it not sell, or did they just move on?

Quote Originally Posted by eskido View Post
    That SGN Togga looks pretty dope. I hadn’t noticed until a recent sell thread but the Sego Prospect looks pretty interesting, too bad they did away with 112. Similar to the Kusala the Prospect runs flat for a bit underfoot but pretty damn close to full rocker, would love to hear from someone with some time on em (Alfonso?). Really really wish Moment would put out a Meridian in the 110-115 range, dem Naners are fuckin dialed. Last year Lithic was a running a full reverse pintail in their Skunkworks line, no idea what their plans are for this year.
    Moment made a meridian 117 for awhile, you might be able to find a used pair.

Haha! You’re not the first to bring it up, damn good point. I really need to stop bringing that up.

WNDR Wonder Alpine.
    Both models can be ordered w/ rc

I always have at least 1 reverse/flat camber ski in the quiver. Have previously had Rossi Sickles and Scimitars, Meridian 117s and 4FRNT Hojis, Devs and Rens.

Currently own Faction Candide 5.0s which are flat rocker. Super good, super fun ski!

I really struggle with deviating from anything but renegades and hojis now. I have tried, to no avail.

Those and my old gotamas.

I think 4frnt just nailed it, hard to improve on for my own personal taste which involves predominantly human powered fun.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonade View Post
    I’m waiting for Volkl to go 2pi and bring back a 112m, hefty, elp rocker ski. Without any of this blended sidecut bs. I may wait the rest of my life. They should have called the Katana 108 the Gotama, wtf were they thinking? What happened to the early 2010s metal Katana? Did it not sell, or did they just move on?
    Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by Va Ki Bo View Post
    Movement GO REVERSE 109 and GO REVERSE 115
    That 109 looked pretty interesting. Top sheet boring AF, but still. Have you been on them?

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    Have you been on them?
    Tried prev iteration of GO 109 (all black). Kinda "old school" ski these days: long radius, stiff, dependable big mountain ski, liked it.
    But they've changed whole GO family considerably: lighter karuba wood core but +2 titanal layers, a bit softer, ~200g/ski lighter. So, not sure now.

(Subscribed as I also like Renegade & Daemon full rocker skis combo, for touring mainly)
    Last edited by Va Ki Bo; 10-12-2020 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Va Ki Bo View Post
    Tried prev iteration of GO 109 (all black). Kinda "old school" ski these days: long radius, stiff, dependable big mountain ski, liked it.
    But they've changed whole GO family considerably: lighter karuba wood core but +2 titanal layers, a bit softer, ~200g/ski lighter. So, not sure.

(Interested as I also have Renegades & Daemon rocker skis combo, for touring mainly)
    Ok, thanks. When you say the old was "stiff", can you compare it to something?

Pretty curious about all of this as well, website still reads poplar core and 2.08kg for the 115? If this is a stiff and fairly burly stick I’d like to know more for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    Ok, thanks. When you say the old was "stiff", can you compare it to something?
    IIRC it was comparable to lhasa pow 186 in terms of stiffness

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    I always have at least 1 reverse/flat camber ski in the quiver. Have previously had Rossi Sickles and Scimitars, Meridian 117s and 4FRNT Hojis, Devs and Rens.

Currently own Faction Candide 5.0s which are flat rocker. Super good, super fun ski!
    Can you comment on the flex of the 5.0... and any other specifics you'd like to share?

Looking at the blister "first look" I love the look of the rocker profile... the only thing that concerns me is I don't really like really stiff skis and the flex pattern numbers on blister have me wondering if I can handle it.

For reference I used to have sickles and really liked them but I'm older and fatter now and don't think I'd love them as much as I did years ago.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Shorty_J; 10-11-2020 at 06:24 PM.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Can you comment on the flex of the 5.0... and any other specifics you'd like to share?

Looking at the blister "first look" I love the look of the rocker profile... the only thing that concerns me is I don't really like really stiff skis and the flex pattern numbers on blister have me wondering if I can handle it.

For reference I used to have sickles and really liked them but I'm older and fatter now and don't think I'd love them as much as I did years ago.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    I was surprised when the Blister Gear Guide said the CT 5.0 was “quite stiff”. I don’t find them stiff at all when skiing. They are very loose and playful. Easy to just stand on (neutral stance) and ski really fast. And I’m not a big guy (5’7”, 165lbs) and am 53 yrs old. The 183cms are perfect. They measure more like a 181-182cm? Great in really steep, really tight trees when it’s deep (eg Red Mtn). I think it’s the forward mount (-5cm), flat profile and early rise in the tips/tails....you don’t need to flex the ski as much due to its flat rocker. So the stiffness isn’t felt? Pivots really really quickly for a 122mm waist ski.

They surprised me on groomers too....lots of edge hold when they are rolled on edge. They have very fat, non-tapered tips/tails (which I like), that really provide grip on groomers. And then I think their stiffness helps.

I have 6 other pair of skis in my quiver, but honestly could just ski these in the resort almost every day.

Also, I agree with Blister that the 5.0 is more fun than the 4.0 (I tried it....wasn’t as fun/nimble).

K
    Last edited by kc_7777; 10-12-2020 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Alude posted this in the Gunsmoke thread - it partially answers some of your questions regarding the 5.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by alude View Post
    I compared a few of the skis mentioned in this thread. I don't have the MFree or the BlackOps 118 unfortunately. I zoomed more than usual on the camber and sidecut profiles because you seem to be looking for a very similar geometry.

Attachment 343196

The Rustler 11 is the closest. However, it has less camber, slightly wider tip/tail (but the wider part is up in the air, so I am not sure if you can feel it much... but maybe in thick sierra cement) and less steep of a rise at the tail. It is also 200g lighter, which might be the main difference that you feel! Both bending and torsional stiffness are really close.

The Enforcer Pro 115 (very similar curves to the 110) is quite different. It has a much longer effective edge, more camber and is wider at the tip but specially at the tail (the Gunsmoke has much narrower tail than many of these other skis). The stiffnesses are quite similar beside being stiffer at the tip and tail, both in bending and torsion.

The CT5.0 is wider, has a flat camber and a much shorter effective tail. The stiffnesses are quite different, being softer in bending under the boot but stiffer at the tail, and being much softer in torsion under the boot.

One ski that hasn't been mentioned and that ranked high in our comparator is the Liberty Origin 116. The front camber and tip shape is very similar. The tail ends its contact with the snow roughly in the same spot as the Gunsmoke, but doesn't rise quite as fast. The Origin 116 is also much wider at the tail. The stiffnesses are comparable. Unfortunately, the Liberty Origin 116 is not available anymore. It was replaced by Origin 112, which is supposed to be similar but I don't have the data for that.

Hope this helps.
    I left the post full length for all the relevant comparisons. My bad if you already saw this post in the other thread. The data tells a similar story to kc_7777's points above - 5.0s are seemingly no 4x4s, length wise or torsionally (if no noodle either)