Western Slope/San Juans BC partners wanted

I just relocated to Montrose and am looking for some new ski partners for the upcoming season (and beyond). I'm new to the area and the San Juans but have spent the last 10 years in Utah and Colorado.

About me- decent chunk of BC skiing experience, competent skier, have my Avy 2 and some SAR experience. I'd say I lie on the conservative side of hazard management. There's a few folks around the forum who could probably vouch for me.

If you are in the area and don't mind showing a new guy around, the first round is on me.

I have a bud in the same boat. Hes building a house on the ski lake by the airport.

I'd be down for turns on Red Mtn; coming from the other direction, though.

Can't claim to have much local beta, as last year was my first living down here, and then they closed SJ County all spring. Definitely a trees in mid-winter, wait for spring to get rowdy type. Avy 1, fit on the up, competent on the down, blah blah blah.
    a witty saying proves nothing
    voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by miserywhip View Post
    I'd be down for turns on Red Mtn; coming from the other direction, though.

Can't claim to have much local beta, as last year was my first living down here, and then they closed SJ County all spring. Definitely a trees in mid-winter, wait for spring to get rowdy type. Avy 1, fit on the up, competent on the down, blah blah blah.
    Cool, I'll hit you up when the snow starts falling!

Bump for snow in the forecast. I may go for a scouting trip next week and try to get some mellow turns depending on how the forecast pans out.

CB isn't that much farther than the San Juans from Montrose, feel free to hit me up if you ever head this way.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    CB isn't that much farther than the San Juans from Montrose, feel free to hit me up if you ever head this way.
    For sure! We used to live in Gunni and have lots of friends in the valley. We did Epic Passes this year, I'm sure we'll make it over that way quite a bit.

Don't be a stranger if you ever find yourself in the McClure/Marble area. Although this is my first winter in this particular spot, so maybe only hit me up if you're into a "blind leading the blind" type tour.
    The truth doesn't care about your feelings.

Looking for BC partner/group San Juans

Hey all - I'll be spending rest of jan and feb in Durango, looking for some new friends to tour with. I have some BC experience in Utah but am new to the San Juan's. Looking to keep things cautious given what I've been reading about this year's snowpack.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Don't be a stranger if you ever find yourself in the McClure/Marble area. Although this is my first winter in this particular spot, so maybe only hit me up if you're into a "blind leading the blind" type tour.
    I have this weird feeling I met you and your brother at penny.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by ghirsh0875 View Post
    Hey all - I'll be spending rest of jan and feb in Durango, looking for some new friends to tour with. I have some BC experience in Utah but am new to the San Juan's. Looking to keep things cautious given what I've been reading about this year's snowpack.
    I'm in la sal and we have like no snow. How are things around there?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso