Page 18 of 83 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nordekette View Post
    welcome bobinch
    Merci 🙏

Just checked out the Ski Men list of riders on the FWT site and a glaring and heart breaking absence was that of Drew Tabke. Can anyone confirm, are we really to be denied the absolute pleasure of watching that man ski this year???? say it ain't so.....

He's been doing it an awfully long time. Can't keep going forever. Perhaps he'll check into the thread again at some point.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

another thought.
    dont you guys think it is good, to start the season with a smaller face and move on to bigger stuff later?
    Isn't that kind of how they have always done it? Start at the smaller venues, then austria is the test piece to get onto the Bec.

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    I wish they could run another FWT event on the Mac Daddy Face at Revelstoke. That face is legit, and hikeable from the resort. Oh well.

Venue summary
    Ha, I edited that video when I used to work for the FWT. That venue was amazing, I wish they held it there every year.

Think it was Fieberbrunn the first year ('18?) Thing #2 was on the tour when DT had that season wrecking nothing fall just outside the corral. I was honestly surprised when he came back the next year having spent some time talking with him there and at other stops that season. He sounded like he'd really had enough.

Might have been the lure of being elder statesman (deserved) and a fixture (deserved), which FWT honchos really like to keep around to the point of possibly incentivizing UTR?

Will sure miss seeing him out there. Good peeps fo sho.

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    Just checked out the Ski Men list of riders on the FWT site and a glaring and heart breaking absence was that of Drew Tabke. Can anyone confirm, are we really to be denied the absolute pleasure of watching that man ski this year???? say it ain't so.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

The sun would be actually a plus factor cause the the cameras work better and the europe livestreaming time would draw more viewers. edit: but what time the face gets sun like 0845?

But what do i know.... let the games begin
    More like 12:30-13:00. Not very likely they'll wait for the sun to come before starting the comp.

Anyways, I went to check both faces from somewhat closer today, I had a different idea of the snowconditions. On the southeasternmost end of the resort snow was pretty nice and would've stayed very nice if they had protected it like the Baciver face. Turns out that part of the ski area just had some lower snowlevels in the last storm.

I only skied underneath Vinyeta, saw some ice patches and huge avalanche crowns from the rain event the night of January 9th. Debris everywhere near the bottom. Shit for a comp runout for sure.

Then we went to check Baciver from the ridge lookers right, with the idea to do one of the couloirs there. Very little snow, windhammered to the ground. I've seen it better in December. Snowquality is alright, I'm curious to see how they'll do, but not impressed with conditions.

I decided today I rather go touring to find nice snow than try to get by off scraps left after 10 days with no snow. Worked fine last weekend.

Freeride World Tour

It would be great if someone could get Tabke in the ski movies. In the Hoji film, Eric is described as a skier whose style oozes joy and the same applies to Tabke. It’s not just what he skies and what he does, it’s how he does it. Beautiful beautiful skier and it was a privilege watching him ski all these years.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Sent my league request. Per usual, I have absolutely no idea who is good at riding snowboards.

2022 fantasy bet game is on
    TRG 2022
    https://peakperformance.pronosticgam...c-ae200143de40

let me know if the link works and will try to accept all of you as members.... holla at me, if i overlook someone : ) i guess it happened last year or so.... once!
    I apparently used my facebook account to register last time, and that app isn't working, and it won't let me use the email associated with it as that's taken... I'll try again tomorrow.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

I just saw that Saturday is confirmed and the return of the live broadcast was announced. Early for me but the live stream is so much better than the 2 days later fees

another thought.
    dont you guys think it is good, to start the season with a smaller face and move on to bigger stuff later?
    seems like weak policy. they compete on bigger venues in the 4* and junior events
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirene View Post
    More like 12:30-13:00. Not very likely they'll wait for the sun to come before starting the comp.
    Probably not but the men are going last so there should be some sun for at least some of them. Could end bup being a pretty big advantage for the last riders

Better view of the venue. Not terrible.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220120-093110.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	402052

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    sproing!

A lot more snow on it? Which pic is more Recent?
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Freeride World Tour

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Better view of the venue. Not terrible.

Name:	Screenshot_20220120-093110.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	402052

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Like I said before, I think there’s the potential to see a lot of different lines go down. Way better than when everyone is doing basically the same 2 routes, which was kind of the case in Hakuba.

Overall that place looks pretty sweet in general, going to have to add it to the bucket list.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Like I said before, I think there’s the potential to see a lot of different lines go down. Way better than when everyone is doing basically the same 2 routes, which was kind of the case in Hakuba.

Overall that place looks pretty sweet in general, going to have to add it to the bucket list.
    Have you been to mammoth?
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    A lot more snow on it? Which pic is more Recent?
    That picture was a drone shot by Adrià Millan, I think it was January 14th. It snowed a bit today, 5 cm max, so it will look white but it really does not make a difference snow wise. If anything it will trick people into expecting pow where it's hard. It will be interesting.

At least the comp starts when the sun gets there and they didn't screw that up.

Here's Abel Moga on the Vinyeta face in absolutely marginal conditions. Pyrenees FireLines 2021: la línea ganadora en esquí - AS.com

Abel Moga kills it. Check out his run from the Junior World Championships in 2018. Not sure how to time stamp but it's at 3:35:05 in the link below. Love the announcers reaction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWQhiWx_3Wc&t=13001s

thought it would have more info about the venue. kinda had more about the venue they didn't choose

Was there (Kappl) with Thing #2 (competing but crashed) and Thing #3 (representing the FWT contingent). A helluva show, and a helluva good time. Fun to watch again, thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    Last edited by oftpiste; 01-20-2022 at 08:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirene View Post
    That picture was a drone shot by Adrià Millan, I think it was January 14th. It snowed a bit today, 5 cm max, so it will look white but it really does not make a difference snow wise. If anything it will trick people into expecting pow where it's hard. It will be interesting.

At least the comp starts when the sun gets there and they didn't screw that up.

Here's Abel Moga on the Vinyeta face in absolutely marginal conditions. Pyrenees FireLines 2021: la línea ganadora en esquí - AS.com
    That kid is absolutely killing it. For all you NA mags AS.com is one of the 2 big national sports websites in Spain. You don’t see that content on ESPN.com or fox sports.com. Maybe the other face is better but that venue doesn’t look bad at all. When I was competing everyone wanted a super final on Germicide at the bird. Fairly similar face in terms of length and line options.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Game on for Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    thought it would have more info about the venue. kinda had more about the venue they didn't choose
    Yeah, talking with friends the consensus seems to be that Baqueira already said where they wanted the comp to be held and offered heli rides to Lolo as a way to keep him entertained. Quite a place to be dropped too, Barlonguera (or Tuc deth Milh) is a beautiful mountain. For reference, the top is 2800m (9200ft) and the bottom of the egg shaped forest on the right is at 1750m (5700-5800ft)

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	304.3 KB 
ID:	402184https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-fjeyGL8j5QE/XgpTUtrxptI/AAAAAAAAHtE/nOBS2oXa1JQa6hj8khuRUSZLxJu39ZYzgCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/3.jpg

Another surprise for me is that they moved the end down quite a bit from the usual place. Adds some interesting options lookers right.

Name:  Captura de pantalla 2022-01-21 135320.png
Views: 635
Size:  981.0 KB

Not winning runs but I reckon we'll see some action over there. The huge wall was famously jumped (to bathtub) by a local snowboarding legend back in 2012 (check https://youtu.be/h_i4Ypr8xpw?t=248, followed by Aymar's winning run)

2013 was pretty damn nice Energy Freeride Val d'Aran 2013 HD - YouTube

Then 2014 was good, 2015 we got rain right before the event so conditions were shit and that was the last year the event took place. Note that this comp was held in March because of tricky coverage before that. January there's just a lot less snow.

But yeah some extra credit hits for sure thanks to the downhill move of the finishline.