Page 17 of 83 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    The video teasers are super weak. Would be cool to see something to get us stoked on whats to come at the new venue instead of 15 seconds of previous years' vids and 30 seconds of events after the first stop. Zero about Baqueira or potential forecast start
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by nordekette View Post
    2022 fantasy bet game is on
    TRG 2022
    https://peakperformance.pronosticgam...c-ae200143de40

let me know if the link works and will try to accept all of you as members.... holla at me, if i overlook someone : ) i guess it happened last year or so.... once!
    It takes us there but there's nowhere to sign up that I can see (edit- just needed to log in)

I will jump back in the group later today. G$ is my Prognostic user name.

Just asked to join. Thanks for organizing. Looking forward to participating this year!

Damm i should have kept the previous year's results. So we could follow up. Last year total immortal won. And if i recall it right the year before too???
    and you let him back in??

So one interesting take away from the FWT podcast: they're doing the cut after the third event, and then those who don't make the cut will compete in three more events against the leaders from the current season's FWQ. Making it easier to get back into the mix without taking a full year's worth of competing to do so. Pretty cool and I hope they give those other three events good coverage, since I'm sure most of us would be anxious to watch those as well.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Also, here’s the venue (taken from Lexi Dupont’s IG).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1642527912.573759.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	349.5 KB 
ID:	401740

same venue for men?

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Also, here’s the venue (taken from Lexi Dupont’s IG).

Name:	Image1642527912.573759.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	349.5 KB 
ID:	401740
    That face is 20m up and 300m traverse from the lift. Just like mammoth.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

West face of the tuc du vaciver.
    300m vertical (1000 imperial Dimension units).
    40-45 degrees in the upper part

Name:	Screenshot_20220118-191746_Firefox.jpeg 
Views:	95 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	401741
    Last edited by subtle plague; 01-18-2022 at 11:39 AM.

Hate to bring the negativity but thats a tiny looking venue. Maybe its a perspective thing?

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    Hate to bring the negativity but thats a tiny looking venue. Maybe its a perspective thing?
    It is. Ever since the FWT was announced in Baqueira my friends and I were talking about how stupid it would be to use this venue, and how unlikely that they would use the obvious first choice for anyone except the ski resort directives, who apparently don't want people to know what kind of terrain there is right off their lifts. Check post #380 for pictures of the Vinyeta zone. Preferred by locals, by the two baqueira riders on the fwt... and the general public. But we get a 250m 15second face. It's literally half the size. Oh well. No one will get more than 3 decent hits, and winning runs will be less than 5 turns. It's shit and I'm sorry you guys will get this as a fwt excuse. They'll certainly do the comp in the morning before the sun hits the face too, which is like the only advantage this face has when compared to the north facing Vinyeta.

Damm i should have kept the previous year's results. So we could follow up. Last year total immortal won. And if i recall it right the year before too???
    Haha, I don't think I won. I was leading until fieberbrunn but screwed the pooch pretty bad there and at Verbier. I can't remember who won though.

Looks like it'll be a fun season with the new format. Never considered Spain a freeriding location but the mountains look good in pictures so we'll see. Fingers crossed for good snow/weather this year.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    The first one is horrible. Death traps under large loaded slopes.

The second one: I guessed as much when I saw it in a few edits and compared it to the maps.
    And Hey powdork where is that kind of face right off the mammoth lifts ?
    Why do you keep bringing up mammoth. I always said mammoth was a shitty choice. Tons of choices on our side of the pond better than mammoth.

Freeride World Tour

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Why do you keep bringing up mammoth. I always said mammoth was a shitty choice. Tons of choices on our side of the pond better than mammoth.
    He’s conflating the Eastern Sierra vs Spain argument from many months ago by just calling it Mammoth. Over and over again. Maybe time to move on?

Btw, FWT had an event at Mammoth like 10+ years ago… can’t really remember where they put the start gate. But the riding has really elevated so much since then that bigger faces seem required now.

I covered that event andlinked the video a few months back. Cody won it and Elyse came in second for the women. There was a huge storm series during the whole event's time frame so the Quest had to be held on Oh Shit! Ridge and the Challenge which whas supposed to be on Mount McGee was never held.
    http://www.aboutlaketahoe.com/vid/po...moth-quest.htm

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    Bonus hits in the tree island area that is dead center in the pic above might prove to be the difference. Assuming the location of the finish line allows for it of course

Maybe they were trying to find a freestyle friendly venue since it was replacing japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirene View Post
    It is. Ever since the FWT was announced in Baqueira my friends and I were talking about how stupid it would be to use this venue, and how unlikely that they would use the obvious first choice for anyone except the ski resort directives, who apparently don't want people to know what kind of terrain there is right off their lifts. Check post #380 for pictures of the Vinyeta zone. Preferred by locals, by the two baqueira riders on the fwt... and the general public. But we get a 250m 15second face. It's literally half the size. Oh well. No one will get more than 3 decent hits, and winning runs will be less than 5 turns. It's shit and I'm sorry you guys will get this as a fwt excuse. They'll certainly do the comp in the morning before the sun hits the face too, which is like the only advantage this face has when compared to the north facing Vinyeta.
    Here's post 380. Damn, Vinyeta face looks it would have been a sweet venue! Oh well. https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...45#post6450445
    sproing!

I don't think they'll choose an inbounds venue

I don’t know, the face they chose looks like it has some potential right around that shadow line for multiple big hits. And lots of options for creativity. Hard to tell until we see someone actually skiing it.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Im just trying to create a running gag because you seemed rather invested in that Debate

The face itself is more suited towards everyday people than the fwt guys. If I can have fun on it, it's probably too easy for the fwt. On the other hand: japan wasn't that crazy either and the Canadian venue Seemed rather Short as well? (Wasn't it basically over after tanner Halls big three down the cornice on the lookers left side? )

I wish they could run another FWT event on the Mac Daddy Face at Revelstoke. That face is legit, and hikeable from the resort. Oh well.

https://freeskier.com/stories/fwt-at...or-competition

Venue summary

Tabke's winning line at 20:58 in this one:

sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Im just trying to create a running gag because you seemed rather invested in that Debate

The face itself is more suited towards everyday people than the fwt guys. If I can have fun on it, it's probably too easy for the fwt. On the other hand: japan wasn't that crazy either and the Canadian venue Seemed rather Short as well? (Wasn't it basically over after tanner Halls big three down the cornice on the lookers left side? )
    I am, just not with Mammoth.

Tanner Hall's line traversed everything out and back. The vertical is similar but it kind of depends how much of the vert in baqueira is in the runout, which we can't tell from that picture. If the finish is on the obvious giant mound then I would say it is very similar to Kicking Horse.

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    I wish they could run another FWT event on the Mac Daddy Face at Revelstoke. That face is legit, and hikeable from the resort. Oh well.

https://freeskier.com/stories/fwt-at...or-competition

Venue summary

Tabke's winning line at 20:58 in this one:

That looks like a fabulous face! Tabke’s been skiing like a God for a long time!