Page 5 of 82 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Yeah, I thought both of the Carl's were underscored.
    Agreed.

Although particularly with the tricky snow, it seems like it was probably easier to take a slightly mellower line and do more tricks. But I dunno.

Ultimately, some of the skiers made the snow look easy, and they're the ones that won. As they should.

This event was super fun to watch - a ton of variety and different line choices. Pollard was clearly the winner without question - he just absolutely flashed the face and stomped everything so perfectly clean. What a run. Turdell's was pretty awesome too... he makes it look so easy.
    Yes, after watching so many of them struggle, Turdell looked effortless. I would have wagered his run unbeatable, but somehow Pollard delivered. Great entertainment. Carnage for the ladies.

Erikkson should have been in the high 70s, obviously an easier line until the big cliff at the bottom... but still.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

So pumped for Andrew. He’s such a rad skier and just a great kid. He’s always pumped to ski and consistently finds the good in shitty conditions. Can’t remember him ever telling me that skiing just sucks, even on horrible days he always finds some nuggets. He’s been so jacked up about the comp scene since he was a little grom. FWT couldn’t ask for a better person to represent freeride comp skiing.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Freeride World Tour - 2021

I remember watching Pollard’s videos out of Alta when he was a teenager and thinking this kid is going to crush it in a few years. And here we are. IMO the men’s skier category is so strong in recent years this really deserves to be on TV and not just streaming.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

I remember watching Pollard’s videos out of Alta when he was a teenager and thinking this kid is going to crush it in a few years. And here we are.
    Yup. Same with Freeland - he had that video of him crushing Snowbird in mediocre conditions. Pretty much perfect practice for FWT.

^^ Yup. Sugar Bowl is kind of under the radar but the kids skiing there on the teams - like Freeland - are ridiculous. Pretty sure we will see some more of them on the tour in the coming years.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

What were Wessel and Besse doing at the top before their runs?? They both came out super aggro
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Is it just me or is quality of production improved this year re: camera angles, drone shots and how they edit it together live? Great job to the media time, and also listening to feedback and going back to live instead of release a fully edited video the next day (guessing that resulted in lower engagement).

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Is it just me or is quality of production improved this year re: camera angles, drone shots and how they edit it together live? Great job to the media time, and also listening to feedback and going back to live instead of release a fully edited video the next day (guessing that resulted in lower engagement).
    Agreed. They're pretty much setting the standard for how live events should be broadcast. Great editing, great angles, the replay is up in a timely fashion, and the ability to easily click through to different athletes in the replay is awesome. Plus they're doing all of that while perched up on the side of a mountain. And despite the occasional cringe, the announcers are decent.

I'm actually kind of glad that red bull media house hasn't gotten their hands on this one.

Not sure if this has been posted or even relevant, apologies if not appropriate but found it engaging.

Bimboes avi

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Updates-
    Fieberbrunn has been pushed back to Feb 10-17 to hope for more snow.
    They are searching for another locale in the alps to replace the kicking horse event as well, before verbier.
    Arianna Tricomi is back in the mix for the ladies.

Nendaz 4* tonight at 11:30 pacific

Nendaz 4* tonight at 11:30 pacific.

Tabke is announcing
    Last edited by powdork; 03-06-2021 at 12:41 AM.

Elizabeth Gerritzen (I think) joined him. At one point she says, "Yeah but you're at the end of your career Drew".

Super cool to see/hear Tabke & Ducroz announcing side by side. They're both taking their rookie announcing in stride. I dig this for sure.
    Last edited by gaijin; 03-06-2021 at 03:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Super cool to see/hear Tabke & Ducroz announcing side by side. They're both taking their rookie announcing in stride. I dig this for sure.
    Yeah, love it. Whole different deal when the announcers can actually walk the walk . . .

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

it was for riders in the beginning but then got fixed.
    I thought Chabloz was a lock to win but I guess the judges thought otherwise.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    EDIT: Around 2:16:16 the audio is fixed in the replay
    Last edited by Whiteroom_Guardian; 03-06-2021 at 12:06 PM.

Drew is just tremendous in the booth!

I hope they have a seat for him when he’s done competing.

Just started watching replay. Drew is excellent as a commentator! Also better venue than Andorra

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Yep strange one. Beautiful skiing from Chabloz and taking on the big backy at the end was ballsy. Lourdel seems to have been rewarded for the bigger cliffs and solid landings.

Yeah but then Theo Cheli outdid him right after plus a 360.