Page 3 of 83 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    i forgot this was andorra. what a fkn perfect run.

the old mans still got it!
    I had forgotten that was this venue, too. And therefore changed my bet. Tabke, Aymar, Marshall.

But as has been said-- 80% of the athletes could win. Hard to choose, which makes it so fun.

Is this event broadcast live anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    One of the best runs in the history of FWT. Certainly the best non-scored run ever.
    absolutely. definitely the biggest backflip i've seen on tour.
    swing your fucking sword.

I've got Tabke, Gorak, Navarro. Two known for big backflips on this venue and Navarro is always creative

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    yeah but it's 1:45 our time tonight edit-see below
    Last edited by powdork; 02-18-2021 at 10:36 PM.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Here's a link to the TGR 2021 league: https://peakperformance.pronosticgam...b-acd300eca55e

Box of Oreos and some hazy IPAs to the closest guesses.

Ski Men:
    Pollard
    Turdell
    Tabke
    Wildcard - Yannnnnn Rausisssss

Ski Women:
    What happened to Ari T?
    Uhh.. Hedvig? I don't know the others.

PSYCHED this is happening. Nice work, Euro-land!
    sproing!

Not in the league, could the fwt have a more horrible website? But always all in on the Pollards. Love seeing those groms ski at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Here's a link to the TGR 2021 league: https://peakperformance.pronosticgam...b-acd300eca55e

Box of Oreos and some hazy IPAs to the closest guesses.
    I asked to join earlier today doesn't seem to have worked.

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    It's weird. It says 12:45 Vancouver time which should be the same here. But the countdown on the website says 4 hours and 10 minutes which is 1:45

I don't give a shit if people complain about the site. The stream works. The stream works better than the Olympics, the NFL, or any other major sporting event because it's built by athletes who care about distribution.

The moment some channel buys it and limits distribution is the moment I might complain about the site itself.

What are the platforms that look like they would be gigargantuan bike jumps in the previous contests here?

Streaming live to my Apple TV's YouTube app on my big ass TV with zero hiccups is still mind-blowing to me.

Fuck I love this show.

Wessel - Chubb - Willman

I saw Tester ski and my first thought was-- How did he see any of that? He is a master of line choice and I believe he'll be around for a long time.

Don't know if he deserved to win. But I don't have anybody else ahead of him either. Will have to watch the replay. I don't like to judge judging. I do like to see healthy comps. I do like to see athletes rarely fall in their one moment of throwing down their dream line. I love seeing how they react to the moment. I love seeing comps like today. Dirty, raw, and safe snow.

Bummer to see so many walk out of their bindings.
    Last edited by gaijin; 02-19-2021 at 04:38 AM.

In reference to the betting game site being better--- meh... I'm one of the biggest fans in the world and hardly give a shit about betting. The site doesn't matter.

What does matter is that the comp happened, that logistics got defeated in these times of Covid where everything is getting cancelled. What does matter is that athletes showed up.

This is all about the athletes. This is their time, their work, and their risk. The rest of us are just hanging on. There are external entities that are trying to earn careers by working the back-end stuff, but the athletes are still skiing after a global shutdown of sorts.

Fuck yeah.

Ross Tester's run was bad-ass. Mixing tricks while charging hard down the face. Ollivier's three into that tight little chute was ballsy. Clearly the best two runs of the event.

I thought Isaac Freeland was a little underscored, but nice job by the judges for the most part. Great skiing for variable conditions.

Funny thing was watching them skiing on patches of orange snow from 3 weeks ago in Western Europe. Quite a commitment sending backies from 10 m cliffs into old packed snow layer. Hedvig Wessel got some big balls.

Lotta people doggin on the site, but I gotta say, this replay page is phenomenal. The ability to select certain riders from the results and/or timeline beneath the video player and instantly go to their run is awesome. Highlights feature is nice too to find specific events. Well done.

https://www.freerideworldtour.com/ev...andorra/replay

Quote Originally Posted by roQer View Post
    Hedvig Wessel got some big balls.
    That big old backie up top was a little sloppy but that's really splitting hairs. Seems like she might win the ladies ski group without much competition this year since Jess Hotter, Ari Tricomi and Jackie Passo aren't in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    That big old backie up top was a little sloppy but that's really splitting hairs. Seems like she might win the ladies ski group without much competition this year since Jess Hotter, Ari Tricomi and Jackie Passo aren't in the mix.
    I don't know that Tricomi won't be in the mix. She was still listed in the start order just a dns.

Great to be back watching comps. All things considered, seems like they pulled it off impressively well. The site / replay worked great, and I'm glad they stopped noting which rider won in the little bar where you can skip to each run.

Some big, clean sending in what looked to be fairly shitty snow. More or less agree with the final results, at least for the podium.

And I've gotta revise my previous statement. It's not 80% that could realistically win - its more like 95%. Lots of strong skiing from all competitors.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    I don't know that Tricomi won't be in the mix. She was still listed in the start order just a dns.
    Oh, didn't realize. When she was on the Low Pressure Podcast this fall she announced she wasn't going to compete anymore.

Just watched the ski men, start to finish on a big screen. Super entertaining, exceptionally (but for the mildly annoying commentary) broadcast quality, and a very high standard of skiing in challenging conditions. From my perspective, the top two seemed pretty obvious, hard to separate the next 10, with Marshall overscored, and Rausis underscored, but otherwise all pretty reasonable.

Wow Hedvig with that big backie up top and some decent pace, impressive skiing. Respect all around given the snow.

Amusing to see Freeland on skis with a Black Diamond (his new sponsor) top sheet and a Sego base. Skiing well regardless.