Page 19 of 83 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Great intel, thanks buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Pirene View Post
    Another surprise for me is that they moved the end down quite a bit from the usual place. Adds some interesting options lookers right.

Attachment 402185

Not winning runs but I reckon we'll see some action over there. The huge wall was famously jumped (to bathtub) by a local snowboarding legend back in 2012 (check https://youtu.be/h_i4Ypr8xpw?t=248, followed by Aymar's winning run)

2013 was pretty damn nice Energy Freeride Val d'Aran 2013 HD - YouTube

Then 2014 was good, 2015 we got rain right before the event so conditions were shit and that was the last year the event took place. Note that this comp was held in March because of tricky coverage before that. January there's just a lot less snow.

But yeah some extra credit hits for sure thanks to the downhill move of the finishline.
    Awesome post! Thanks for sharing the local knowledge!

Are you uh Pyrenean?
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by nordekette View Post
    so the owners of the ski resort decide where the comp is held. and they get the marketing for there resort and region. the resort and the region have to pay a certain amount to the fwt to get the event. so the chopperlift for lolo not gonna make a difference, cause c.r.e.a.m.
    It's a smart move. Like I said above, I'd like to go check this place out now for sure.

Venue question: if someone goes deep into that left bowl will they be able to get back up on to that bottom part? Or do you need to cut across looker's right pretty early? I assume so but difficult to tell from the photo angle.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post

Are you uh Pyrenean?
    Austrian or Italian? Who cares ....they all speak French....

And tahoe j, you can see that on the topo map picture I Posted.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Getting around the knoll Skiers left may be difficult. But maybe I didn't get all the small hills right in my mind.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220118-191746_Firefox.jpeg 
Views:	91 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	402207

2022 fantasy bet game is on
    TRG 2022
    https://peakperformance.pronosticgam...c-ae200143de40

let me know if the link works and will try to accept all of you as members.... holla at me, if i overlook someone : ) i guess it happened last year or so.... once!
    IÂ’m sure this is a stupid question but how / where do you actually select your riders?

Freeride World Tour

Go to the events page.

The problem for me is the little tabs that say x1.96 etc are blocking the riders names
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2222.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	115.2 KB 
ID:	402216

but it works on the phone
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Picked A-Poll to win the Tour and Baq. It's his time.

alto/Tabke's deep thoughts on not competing: https://www.instagram.com/p/CY_6OMul..._web_copy_link

Hope he replaces Foose, and makes it a Williman/Tabke broadcast booth. That would be rawesome
    sproing!

^^^
    Good pick. I was skiing with him a few days before he left for Spain and he was absolutely firing.

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Picked A-Poll to win the Tour and Baq. It's his time.

alto/Tabke's deep thoughts on not competing: https://www.instagram.com/p/CY_6OMul..._web_copy_link

Hope he replaces Foose, and makes it a Williman/Tabke broadcast booth. That would be rawesome
    He'd be great in the booth full time, but I think he has other things going on.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Nolan 312 has joined

GRskier you have applied for last years tribe... somehow last years tribe and the previous one still floating around. It is the mushroom avatar and TRG 2022
    please try again.

https://peakperformance.pronosticgam...c-ae200143de40
    Saw that and just did! thanks.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.

here's a better look at the venue finally. gives a better view of the lookers right pirene was speaking of

and racing Audis through powder, which actually looks really cool
    Last edited by powdork; 01-22-2022 at 01:00 AM.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Was there (Kappl) with Thing #2 (competing but crashed) and Thing #3 (representing the FWT contingent). A helluva show, and a helluva good time. Fun to watch again, thanks for posting.
    Are two things competing this year or is that another set of brothers?

Actually quite a load of options (though short). I like it better than other venues. I miss the MacDaddy face though. Whatever happened with that one?

Interesting face and some spice barely buried. will be interesting to see what happens when people hit this with some speed.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

women's ski was kind of sad. maybe it's the conditions?

I mean i would probably have finished Top 5 if im not misjudging the conditions... but some snowbaorders ripped through the face.
    In any other sport i do regulary women would kick my ass even if theiy're just semi pro or ambitious amateur. (climbing, surfing) Is the level of ski women that much lower? Is that really the best of the best?

edit: first man is down: no, its not the conditions..

edit2: ski men is not just another level, it's another galaxy.....
    edit3: i liked the second backflip from the swiss kid. everyone else just bumped over it and the women barely had enough speed to lift off?
    edit4: abels run was sick and i liked slemetts save. why did he score so low(control i guess?)? im watching without audio because im working....

doulbe backflip? are you kidding me?
    edit6: the cooper dude doesnt really know what to do with the face.
    edit7: navarro you nutjob. glad you're ok.
    edit8: sickbird award for the frenchie.
    Last edited by subtle plague; 01-22-2022 at 09:32 AM.

Scary fall from Jess Hotter. I really liked her line choice. Glad she’s okay. So far this has been relatively uninspiring, let’s hope ski men step it up.

Hard to explain quite how bad conditions are in Europe at the mo. Pyrenees must be even worse...

the face was a lot more entertaining than the face in arcalis (the usual runs....smoothys runs is a different animal) or japan.

Great ski men's contest. Stylish tricks, huge hucks, and some next level Navarro lunacy. Very entertaining.

I expected the comp to go like the snowboard men and ski women. Did not see ski men coming like this, at all. This face has barely ever been tricked before and there were two flips or spins per person. For me Abel's run was the overall winner but I see how tossing a double will get you the win. Abel's technique holding on to those turns behind a cornice was unreal, leg strength on point. Pretty happy to see how judging was consistent with Carl's run scoring higher than Turdell because throwing a flat3 is harder than a backflip, was kind of expecting them to score Turdell higher just because of who he is.

All in all, super happy how (ski men) went, crowd was fun and was nice seeing the familiar faces. Let's hope for another comp next year and maybe somewhat later in the season to see the rest of the venues in shape.

@meter-man, I was born to dutch parents but grew up in the Pyrenees, 25 minute drive from the Baqueira Beret lifts.

Also, Aymar's run was just a faster, crazier version of his 2012 run. I don't think that would've scored that well even if he had landed it. I think a run like Abel's would've been a better showcase of his ski abilities over just pointing and praying.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1642868252.477043.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	402321

From Hotter’s Instagram.

Max Palm is the real deal 🔥🔥🔥
    Moga and Chabloz sensational too. There’s a new generation in charge!
    https://www.freerideworldtour.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Pirene View Post

@meter-man, I was born to dutch parents but grew up in the Pyrenees, 25 minute drive from the Baqueira Beret lifts.
    praying.
    that is pretty close. But you could be closer to world class skiing if you had an appartment in mammoth.

more serious question: how long is it worth going to beret/when does it usually get too warm to have pow except in the steep north faces. i was in the piemont (roughly about as south) once late Feb/early March and everything except true north was cooked when the sun came out although it was minus 15 degrees at 1500m. and my last and only chance to ski the pyrenees (if conditions align) this year is late feb /early march in the carnival holidays because easter is in april.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    that is pretty close. But you could be closer to world class skiing if you had an appartment in mammoth.

more serious question: how long is it worth going to beret/when does it usually get too warm to have pow except in the steep north faces. i was in the piemont (roughly about as south) once late Feb/early March and everything except true north was cooked when the sun came out although it was minus 15 degrees at 1500m. and my last and only chance to ski the pyrenees (if conditions align) this year is late feb /early march in the carnival holidays because easter is in april.
    If the sun is out and there's no wind the snow lets you know. Still, I've had sensational pow days end of March up to end of April avoiding southern half of the compass, but it's obviously not January anymore. 90% of the resort is above 1800 meters which helps.