Page 4 of 83 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    Amusing to see Freeland on skis with a Black Diamond (his new sponsor) top sheet and a Sego base. Skiing well regardless.
    Heh. I missed that, but that's pretty funny.

Mmm I thought that was hilarious given the commentators made a real point of mentioning he was sponsored by black diamond. Definitely sego bases and the taper on those tips ain't nothing I've ever seen before at the local big box.

Did the announcer call him “Ross Testicles”
    That was great entertainment. Solid skiing on some sketchy looking snow

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    Did you miss when he said Hedvig Wessticel?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Some of you may be interested, a recent episode of the Low Pressure Podcast is with Nicolas Hale Woods, the founder and CEO of the tour. Provides some interesting insights about Alaska and sponsorship and money issues. Sounds like he's talking to a few resorts in the US to get an event back in the lower 48 again, which would be nice.

Mannnnn that was fun! So awesome to have comps again. Big smiles from me.

Did anyone notice Ross Testicles was skiing a...Marker Duke PT!? Say wuuuuut?

It's sometimes easy to forget how gnarly these Euro comp venues are - the aerial / heli / drone shots really did a great job of putting it into perspective in this one. Kudos to FWT on an awesome show and to the riders for throwing down on some jacked-up snow!
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Mannnnn that was fun! So awesome to have comps again. Big smiles from me.

Did anyone notice Ross Testicles was skiing a...Marker Duke PT!? Say wuuuuut?

It's sometimes easy to forget how gnarly these Euro comp venues are - the aerial / heli / drone shots really did a great job of putting it into perspective in this one. Kudos to FWT on an awesome show and to the riders for throwing down on some jacked-up snow!
    High speed backflip POV footage is frightening......those guys and gals are awesomely talented!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Next comp is CONFIRMED for a second go-round in Andorra - this Wednesday. Suhweeet!

(That's Wednesday 12:15 a.m. here in Pacific time zone.)
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Next comp is CONFIRMED for a second go-round in Andorra - this Wednesday. Suhweeet!

(That's Wednesday 12:15 a.m. here in Pacific time zone.)
    Same venue, or a different spot?

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Not 100% sure if there is another face there to ski that's up to comp standards.

I could nitpick the middle of the pack some, but the top was generally correct.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Dunno. But Arcalis also has the Quince Metros venue that Slemmet won in 20. I think that venue is kinda lame compared to the the First Stop venue (whose name I don't know - Bueller?). Quince Metros info and 2020 runs: https://www.skiclub.co.uk/news/racin...n-the-pyrenees
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Some of you may be interested, a recent episode of the Low Pressure Podcast is with Nicolas Hale Woods, the founder and CEO of the tour. Provides some interesting insights about Alaska and sponsorship and money issues. Sounds like he's talking to a few resorts in the US to get an event back in the lower 48 again, which would be nice.
    In other podcast news, Tanner Hall was on the Bomb Hole (snowboard) podcast last week. They talked a fair amount about his FWT experiment and one of his main gripes was the one-run format of the events. Did make me wonder why they don't have a two-run format like Natural Selection and nearly every other contest like this. Just timing?

Quote Originally Posted by FJ62 View Post
    In other podcast news, Tanner Hall was on the Bomb Hole (snowboard) podcast last week. They talked a fair amount about his FWT experiment and one of his main gripes was the one-run format of the events. Did make me wonder why they don't have a two-run format like Natural Selection and nearly every other contest like this. Just timing?
    It's a logistical nightmare to get this all done in a day. Especially with touchy faces and changing conditions.
    Natural Selection is a bit different, a bit more manicured.

THall would own a ski version of Natural Selection.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    Back in the junior days he was sometimes, and lovingly, referred to by his homies as Cross Dresser.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Freeride World Tour - 2021

They’re working in the two run format. And on the LPP he talks about that a fair amount. I guess Tabke and Eder would bring it up a lot and were big proponents of the idea.

Pretty sure Andorra has two different comp-worthy faces but I could be mistaken.

Feiberbrun does for sure. I totally misspelled that.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

That was some great skiing.

Lots of fun lines to watch.

Too bad to see Turdell crash. He has really become one of my favorite skiers to watch.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Thx for the reminder, prepare to losey

so much for the perfect streaming

I've mind skied the shit out of the loading backdrop for the last 10 mins

I hereby propose an electric-shock dog collar that shocks this flight of the conchords dude whenever he says “comes unstuck” or “holy damn” or jisms in his pants about a new zealand skier.

I’m about to come unstuck listening to this guy

This event was super fun to watch - a ton of variety and different line choices. Pollard was clearly the winner without question - he just absolutely flashed the face and stomped everything so perfectly clean. What a run. Turdell's was pretty awesome too... he makes it look so easy.

Tabke's run was super fun to watch (as usual), different, big airs, smooth style but if it wasn't for that snow snake he would have done super well.

Kudos for the guys that maximized all the terrain (especially far lookers left). It amazes me that they don't get more credit for hit 3 extra features (especially if you fall, your run is basically done) than the guys that straightline two big airs to the bottom.
    Last edited by skier666; 02-24-2021 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    Tabke's run was super fun to watch (as usual), different, big airs, smooth style but if it wasn't for that snow snake he would have done super well.

Kudos for the guys that maximized all the terrain (especially far lookers left). It amazes me that they don't get more credit for hit 3 extra features (especially if you fall, you're run is basically done) than the guys that straightline two big airs to the bottom.
    I'm not all the way through, but this was my thought as well.

That snow tripped up some excellent skiers.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post

Kudos for the guys that maximized all the terrain (especially far lookers left). It amazes me that they don't get more credit for hit 3 extra features (especially if you fall, your run is basically done) than the guys that straightline two big airs to the bottom.
    Yeah, I thought both of the Carl's were underscored.