Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Your kids are pretty cool. Thing #2 has always said just wants his skiing to speak for him and has never been willing to do the shit that sponsors and the tour have demanded. Sometimes there's been some cost to that, but that's who he is. Makes me proud too, so I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    One of our spawn, who is academically charged, didn't apply for National Merit. When I asked him about it he said he didn't want to have to write a bunch of self aggrandizing bullshit. Made me proud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Your kids are pretty cool. Thing #2 has always said just wants his skiing to speak for him and has never been willing to do the shit that sponsors and the tour have demanded. Sometimes there's been some cost to that, but that's who he is. Makes me proud too, so I get it.
    Makes me not even mind the hospital mix up.
    All I did was feed and water and voila!
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I was super stoked to see Aymar on the podium. This is why the FWT wanted him on the podium

https://www.instagram.com/p/COIzHMNI...=175tr35ko18w1

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

^^ That's one of the better versions of that meme I've seen. Great audio mixing.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

this belongs here... it is super funny

LIVE IS NOT A CHAIRLIFT

Thatís hilarious.

Scandinavian Big Mountain Champs - watch to see the next FWT champion at 2:30 in. Max Palm, 18yo ahead of Turdell and Reine after the first 2 days pulls off a big backie at the top followed by a double at the bottom

Thought this was cool. From MSP's 2017 flick drop everything. Includes a comparison of old school skwa rippers to Ross Tester, with a few side by sides
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Thatís hilarious.

man check this episode out...
    it is a rainy day today and i just watched this : ) super fun
    even better then the verbier episode
    had to share it with you... (i know complete wrong thread) but the video is so worth it

the tent scene is uberfunny

LIVE IS NOT A CHAIRLIFT

2022 schedule:

1. (NEW) Baqueira Beret, Spain: 22 – 28 January 2022
    2. Ordino Arcalis, Andorra: 30 January – 5 February 2022
    3. Kicking Horse Golden BC, Canada: 12 – 17 February 2022
    4. Saalbach Fieberbrunn, Austria: 15 – 20 March 2022
    5. Verbier, Switzerland: 26 March – 3 April 2022

No more Hakuba.

New thread....when we get closer?
    sproing!

I think the no Hakuba could have been COVID as much as wanting to get out of the venue. It was certainly a very different venue from the typical FWT competition arena. It will be interesting to learn more about the new format they are teasing.

I vote to keep this thread going.

Bummer Japan just never really clicked. Logistically and snowpack. Stoked to see a new venue, though!

To be fair, the Hakuba venue that was proposed to FWT was never actually used. It was much bigger and more open than what was used. The avi hazard was too much. Japan never should have been a January stop. February is still iffy.

But Europe-Japan-Europe all in March? No way.

Bummer there's still only one venue in North America, but I get that it's difficult to arrange currently. I'm hoping to make it to the Kicking Horse event this year - would love to watch in person.

I missed it before but the video says athlete cut after third stop (KH), then Fieberbrunn will be best of two runs. Rad
    Last edited by meter-man; 09-15-2021 at 01:20 AM.
    sproing!

fwt finals in fieberbrunn with 2 runs (crowning of the worldchampions)

extreme verbier as a separate event? did i get it right?
    LIVE IS NOT A CHAIRLIFT

and the big question will the SKIBOSS be back?

LIVE IS NOT A CHAIRLIFT

I hope so.

Andó

I hope not.

Funny how both statements feel right.

Quote Originally Posted by nordekette View Post
    and the big question will the SKIBOSS be back?
    Queued up the vids for later, but I hope he comes back just cuz of how crazy it is for him to ski the way he does at his age after all his injuries. Despite the goofy shit he says and does sometimes, the dude is resilient if nothing else.

I'm really curious to see Baqueria-Beret. We see lots of about the Swiss, Italian and French Alps, but much less about the Pyrenees. I've seen great Andorra footage, both in TGR videos and in contests, but I've seen very little of Baqueria-Beret and I've always been curious.

I've always figured that if I wanted to live in Europe and do the live at the beach and surf but still ski about 40 days a year lifestyle I've got here than it would be the Atlantic coast of France, spending weekends in Andorra or Baqueria-Beret. I've always figured Baqueria-Beret must be quite a bit better than Mammoth, but I've never really seen the footage of it the way I have with Verbier or Cham or any of the famous places. The Pyrenees seem more mysterious and interesting to me.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong View Post
    I've always figured Baqueria-Beret must be quite a bit better than Mammoth
    How so? I mean... Mammoth and the adjacent backcountry is pretty world class. Quite a bit better?

Freeride World Tour - 2021

The locals of Baqueira Beret speak very highly of it and thereís no doubt the lift-accessed terrain (with a little hiking added) is significantly more impressive than Mammoth (letís exclude the true backcountry skiing in the Eastern SierraóMammoth lifts donít help to access that). The downside is that snowfall and surface conditions are inconsistent.

Iíve never been, but it strikes me as the type of place that would be awesome to live near when you can pick and choose your days.

Check out Aymarís videos and Adria Millan for more from Baqueira Beret.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Queued up the vids for later, but I hope he comes back just cuz of how crazy it is for him to ski the way he does at his age after all his injuries. Despite the goofy shit he says and does sometimes, the dude is resilient if nothing else.
    Resilient as fuck. He is a good follow on Instagram. Dude has been grinding since his most recent surgery.
    Speaking of old guys (relative) doing insane shit, are any more impressive than Tabke and Barkered? I really hope to see both of those guys in the field this season.
    "With Hitler, the more I learn about the guy, the more I don't care for him." -Norm Macdonald

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    How so? I mean... Mammoth and the adjacent backcountry is pretty world class. Quite a bit better?
    Sarcasm Meter broken on my side? I mean I've only seen pictures of mammoth, but honestly......

And even if you include some remote california wilderness, do you have any idea how Vast and wild AND accessible the pyrenees are?

Baqueira is one of the few places I've actually considered going to in the pyrenees. Really nice Terrain.

Edit: this is lift accessed.(mostly ..I played around with some maps and found nearly everything in the ski area)
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BYZ7NSj_6m0

They still have the snow issue of the pyrenees. And it must be one of the rare Winters when the Alps get much less snow.

And longduc: The (good) waves are abdurdly crowded there...But coming from California that would be a none issue for you and summer can be REALLY slow wave wise. that'swhy I tend to hang out on the emerald Isle.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Sarcasm Meter broken on my side? I mean I've only seen pictures of mammoth, but honestly......

And even if you include some remote california wilderness, do you have any idea how Vast and wild AND accessible the pyrenees are?

Baqueira is one of the few places I've actually considered going to in the pyrenees. Really nice Terrain.

Edit: this is lift accessed.(mostly ..I played around with some maps and found nearly everything in the ski area)
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BYZ7NSj_6m0

They still have the snow issue of the pyrenees. And it must be one of the rare Winters when the Alps get much less snow.

And longduc: The (good) waves are abdurdly crowded there...But coming from California that would be a none issue for you and summer can be REALLY slow wave wise. that'swhy I tend to hang out on the emerald Isle.
    Nice video!!

That makes it look really fun.

The faces around 2 minutes in are nuts. I wonder how accessible that zone is from the resort.

I have heard the snow in Europe can be very hit or miss. I have never skied there, which is sad, and I don't really have an idea of how it compares to the Sierra. My ski bum years were done in Squaw, so the vast majority of the ski days I have had in my life have been at either Mammoth or Squaw. I guess it is hard for me to know about consistency in Europe and how it compares. I always assume the pistes were icy, but the off-piste had coverage that was similar to the Sierra. My Squaw years were late 90s/early 2000s, and that period was very consistent. There were a couple of very good seasons, and then some average to slightly above average years. Squaw is really fun in an average season.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."