Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Evolution's missing in action - we shouldn't have those worthless vestigial anachronisms.
    Masturbate without fingers? GTFO!
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    I did the drill procedure on myself once. Got a fingernail good and after 3 days the pressure was just constant, the throbbing getting intense.All Blakked out.

Boss says drill it.

WTF? I say...so's I put a skinny bit in the dewalt, turn the speed to low and get busy. My main concern was popping through and jabbing the ultra tender skin beneath, ouch, that's gonna hurt the most.
    After about 30 revolutions, it pops through, blood squirts about a foot into the air and oh holy shit does it feel a gazillion times better immediately.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kevo - what were you doing to smash it so well? Putting on the snow tires?

How's the new digs?
    I used to lose both big toenails from bump skiing every season. I got pretty good at doing this, and yes it feels amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    would you please stop posting bloody pictures!!!

And go see Dr. Viola at Steadman, otherwise yer gonna die.
    Lol sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    That's nothing! But I would go get X-Rays for sure. I'm lucky to have mine still.
    Damn. You win this thread. That was gnarly!

I did the drill procedure on myself once. Got a fingernail good and after 3 days the pressure was just constant, the throbbing getting intense.All Blakked out.

Boss says drill it.

WTF? I say...so's I put a skinny bit in the dewalt, turn the speed to low and get busy. My main concern was popping through and jabbing the ultra tender skin beneath, ouch, that's gonna hurt the most.
    After about 30 revolutions, it pops through, blood squirts about a foot into the air and oh holy shit does it feel a gazillion times better immediately.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kevo - what were you doing to smash it so well? Putting on the snow tires?

How's the new digs?
    Have done the hot needle into to nails for relieving pressure from ski boot toe bang plenty of times. The idea of using a drill freaks me out- too much change for over penetration.

Was cracking on a bike pedal and when it came loose easier than expected and I had my finger in a bad spot against the crank.

New digs are coming along. House is good. I'm getting organized and in the middle of a couple upgrade projects. I'm also really enjoying mountain biking while it's still dry.

Good job starting a thread and posting pics before seeking help, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Good job starting a thread and posting pics before seeking help, though.
    I remember you making this exact comment about 8-9 years ago when I dropped a ski edge on my toe, took pictures, posted and asked for collective wisdom. I enjoy your passion for personal disregard.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I'm fair, though. When I ripped my perfectly healthy big toenail clean off in one fucked-up instant I did the same.

Jesus...just use the drill bit and turn it by hand.

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Oh, that wasn’t a knock. You’ve shown a true disregard for your own wellbeing enough over the years to earn some enjoyment from others’.

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post

But... We invented power drills so we wouldn't have to do that anymore.

I do have a cool little jewelers hand drill, but it requires 2 hands, so you would need a third to get the job done. Given that you did this to yourself working on a pedal, you may want to let someone else handle the power tools.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post

Right? That’s how I do. Fuck using a needle or a drill.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

I use a drill press with a 3.6mm binding bit. The shoulder keeps you from drilling into bone.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post

Peroxide and a bandage will do. It probably doesn't feel great now but you will be fine.
    it’s been suggested that peroxide should come out of first aid kits for a few years now.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    it’s been suggested that peroxide should come out of first aid kits for a few years now.
    agreed. hard liquor and strong pills in teh kit are much more advisable.
    27° 18°

Everybody making jokes when it's not their finger. Have you considered hydroxychloroquine?

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Everybody making jokes when it's not their finger. Have you considered hydroxychloroquine?
    Trump ate it all over the weekend.
    swing your fucking sword.

I'm semi interested in why peroxide shouldn't be in a first aid kit. That is pretty much the extent of my parents first aid skillset and I just don't know what to do with this information. What exactly am I supposed to clean the wound with?

I also prefer heating up a paper clip with a lighter and melting through the nail to release the pressure. Less chance for drilling into that sensitive part.

Edit: google basically just says don't use it because it is "irritating". No fucking shit and the world has gone soft.
    Live Free or Die

I'm semi interested in why peroxide shouldn't be in a first aid kit. That is pretty much the extent of my parents first aid skillset and I just don't know what to do with this information. What exactly am I supposed to clean the wound with?

I also prefer heating up a paper clip with a lighter and melting through the nail to release the pressure. Less chance for drilling into that sensitive part.

Edit: google basically just says don't use it because it is "irritating". No fucking shit and the world has gone soft.
    I guess soap and water is better, but in an emergency you might not have running water and a bar of soap. It seems to be analogous to the soap and water vs hand sanitizer argument. Soap and water is ultimately more effective but sometimes your only option is a little hand sani
    27° 18°

I'm semi interested in why peroxide shouldn't be in a first aid kit.
    Peroxide can bleach fine fabrics. I ruined a bespoke Italian sport shirt once.

irritating means it kills healthy cells and bacteria so the wound takes longer to heal. if that is your goal, then have at. make healthcare great again, when the life expectancy was what, 67?

Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    I guess soap and water is better, but in an emergency you might not have running water and a bar of soap. It seems to be analogous to the soap and water vs hand sanitizer argument. Soap and water is ultimately more effective but sometimes your only option is a little hand sani
    if you have time to take photos and post on teh tgrz, my guess is there's a sink around.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Peroxide can bleach fine fabrics. I ruined a bespoke Italian sport shirt once.
    At least it wasn’t your loafers.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

The drill equals "the worst of times", "the best of times".

What would Chopper say?

Hydrogen peroxide is a good option for decontaminating a fresh wound. I wouldn't keep using it though, because it does impair healing. For first aid type use I would prefer antibiotic ointment--bacitracin or double antibiotic (bacitracin and polymixin), rather than triple, because some people are allergic to neomycin. Hydrogen peroxide is crucial for removing blood stains.

While we're at it, contrary to popular belief wounds heal faster in a moist environment--such as antibiotic ointment and a bandaid--than they do open to air.

Some say that peroxide, like beer, makes an excellent post shampoo conditioner for your hair.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    While we're at it, contrary to popular belief wounds heal faster in a moist environment--such as antibiotic ointment and a bandaid--than they do open to air.
    And not just a little better, wayyy better.

Some say that peroxide, like beer, makes an excellent post shampoo conditioner for your hair.
    Some will even use it as a mouthwash--just don't swallow it-- and overuse can irritate the mucosa.

I'm not a dentist but I've been to Tijuana.