Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    U
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Yet here we all are clicking on his videos, enjoying and discussing them. Even starting entire threads about them.
    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I mean yeah. The attention is the point. It’s clickbait. Which is fine. I’ve got no problem with the hustle.

The problem is he’s faking this stuff. He’s either intentionally making dumb decisions in order to put himself in sketchy situations, straight up faking this stuff (which seems to be the case with the couloir vid) or most likely some combo of the two.

A bunch a MMQBs with their panties in a wad is all I see. At least that guy is out skiing instead of whatever you call your contributions to this shit ass thread.

Happy fall mother fuckers! 😄

Quote Originally Posted by kathleenturneroverdrive View Post
    We’re cool with fake shit? Cool. You do you.
    Or maybe you are taking this a little too seriously Karen.

Haha I realized that and deleted that post. Enjoy it

so fake. does anybody ever discuss what bones they would break if they fell something they're about to ski? also, with the drone there to check everything they would have known there was no way to ski the line without rapelling. and of course the whole magic ice axe.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

I would have rather seen how he self arrested and deployed his axe in that situation and how he climbed out presumably putting his ski on his pack If that’s how it really went down.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    There is no way he dropped in with 2 poles > .00003 seconds instant death slide on ice > got his axe out to arrest > suddenly able to calmly stand there with one ski, no hand on the axe, no crampons.

Edit: Yeah just watched again. He is like an X-man character that has an ice-ax built into his arm that can deploy instantly while also transferring his left pole to his right hand in under a thousandth of a second? COOL! lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Dropping in with poles (no ax)
    Attachment 342632

Slid out (still w/ poles)
    Attachment 342633

Cut to ax in snow (and shot of both poles in lower hand punching in)
    Attachment 342634

Cut back to overview & he's further down & hanging by one hand

Attachment 342635

I doubt he's losing sponsors over his creative editing
    He certainly got me to click more than once
    Good points
    I’ve been played

Fool me once . . .
    . . .

Dude is sharp and as good of a filmmaker as he is a skier. I've been a fan of his previous work, but was also surprised a bit by the drastic vibe change in this latest series. Guess he'll probably end up hearing the criticisms on this series and adjusting in the future.

What a danger dork.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

All I see here is a bunch of fucking arm chair mountaineering. Everyone must be getting the itch to ski again instead of sit behind their screen and bitch about someone else's actions and protocol in the mountains.

i think it's more arm chair marketing

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    All I see here is a bunch of fucking arm chair mountaineering. Everyone must be getting the itch to ski again instead of sit behind their screen and bitch about someone else's actions and protocol in the mountains.
    Just to be clear I’m an arm chair video production nerd. I don’t care about the skiing or climbing. Just that he did a shit job of faking all the “drama” in his clip

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Cut back to overview & he's further down & hanging by one hand

Attachment 342635
    This is already too played out... but I'll bite again in order to keep this all going!
    I just don't think it was faked
    First, we all agree he legitimately slid... prob the first red line above
    Then I think he goes to pull his axe out and in the process slides further (or maybe vice versa in order)... but we don't see this sequence, just a quick POV of him jamming in the axe
    Then the edit cuts to the POV view of him hanging by the axe, and then dropping the ski and starting to climb out
    I think it just edited out some time fumbling for his axe and sliding further down part

There's a legit case that he wasn't smart just dropping in, although compared to his other stuff that was a pretty cautious entrance
    I think they planned on meeting up further down and rapping the chimney, and prob didn't have enough rope to rap all the way from the top

So probably reckless (or way too reckless!) but I don't think that it's fake, unless you think the first slide was somehow fake... that was the most dangerous part!

^^that's my take too

he can only edit the footy he gets the first time, so he does a jump cut for excitement

Quote Originally Posted by m104da View Post
    So probably reckless (or way too reckless!) but I don't think that it's fake, unless you think the first slide was somehow fake... that was the most dangerous part!
    so you think there is video of him sliding for life and jamming his axe in but they decided not to show it?

the whole thing is BS. Like in an insulting way BS.

Well, maybe y’all should Facebook him and see if he will post the missing footy to satisfy your need for closure and sign your girlfriends tits while he’s at it.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    so you think there is video of him sliding for life and jamming his axe in but they decided not to show it?
    no, he had to get his ax out and place it, but that part of the footage was lame (or maybe doesn't look core or whatever), so he just cut to the securing his spot as if it was part of an exciting slide for life -- that part is implied by the jump cut

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    so fake. does anybody ever discuss what bones they would break if they fell something they're about to ski? also, with the drone there to check everything they would have known there was no way to ski the line without rapelling. and of course the whole magic ice axe.
    This is the weird part for me. That choke was way too tight to get through on skis.

Certainly a very interesting web series! I have watched a few of his vids now.

I could have cleared that tight crux with skis on. Switch. No problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    I could have cleared that tight crux with skis on. Switch. No problem.
    Yeah, it could you have taken it to the road?

Would be interesting to see how Paul Bonhomme would negotiate that scenario. Probably two axes, maybe cramps, no rope.

but does he have someone stretch his tall T for him?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

I didn't have any problem with his decision making or gear selection until the second video where you see that he's using G3 skins, wtf?

Nothing to see here, just a bunch of couch potatoes hating on a world class skier doing his art

Quote Originally Posted by Alvaro View Post
    Nothing to see here, just a bunch of couch potatoes hating on a world class skier doing his art
    Everyone's a couch potato these days, or hadn't you noticed?