Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    I saw his gear video where he said he skis toes unlocked... but he did mention that there were a few times he locked them, and I think this run was one of them.

Impressive that he does it most of the time, either way.

And I agree he has matured but I still find his risk tolerance to be 1 or 2 orders of magnitude higher than mine.

Sent from my SM-A536W using Tapatalk
    I think he only skis with toes locked when skiing stuff with serious exposure. His freeride lines are all with the toes unlocked. Which considering the speed and airs is very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    I think he only skis with toes locked when skiing stuff with serious exposure. His freeride lines are all with the toes unlocked. Which considering the speed and airs is very impressive.
    I agree... that is what I was trying to convey but may have been unclear.

It's impressive.

Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

This one had me gripped
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Pretty much everything he does has me gripped

Best skiing content on Youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Yes

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Hands down. Although we are living in a bit of a golden age for Youtube ski content, with the 50 Project, Return of the Turn, Hidden Faces, Mediocre Amateur, etc.

^Classic Flow, Salomon TV,

All star crew in this one, but maybe a little too big

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    All star crew in this one, but maybe a little too big
    This is just the normal Engelberg round Tour. Usually done when it has a bit of snow down low because in mid December it was/is ( especially this year) just walking out and basically crap.

I've walked that "super crazy" knife Ridge twice( one time just to access the frontside lines back to the ski area) without any big mountain bro bra gear. If you need an ice Axe and cranpons the Rest is usually not worth it anyway.

Pretty Gentle if there is decent snow just don't fall off to the left. And I usually hate fucking alpinism approach crawling.

And the rappel they skipped is skiable in a good year. It's just nonsense to do it early season with 30cm on rocks and talk about style.
    He's a Fucking moron.

I lost a ski ( Thanks you dynafit st) in a turn 5m before the rappel and nearly fell down head first. I was pretty scared to get rid of my second ski and it took a minute to regain composure althoughthe couloir is judt 40-45degrees. Not my best 5min. Once I stood on my boots it was easy to walk to the rappel.

a
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    This is just the normal Engelberg round Tour. Usually done when it has a bit of snow down low because in mid December it was/is ( especially this year) just walking out and basically crap.

I've walked that "super crazy" knife Ridge twice( one time just to access the frontside lines back to the ski area) without any big mountain bro bra gear. If you need an ice Axe and cranpons the Rest is usually not worth it anyway.

Pretty Gentle if there is decent snow just don't fall off to the left. And I usually hate fucking alpinism approach crawling.

And the rappel they skipped is skiable in a good year. It's just nonsense to do it early season with 30cm on rocks and talk about style.
    He's a Fucking moron.

I lost a ski ( Thanks you dynafit st) in a turn 5m before the rappel and nearly fell down head first. I was pretty scared to get rid of my second ski and it took a minute to regain composure althoughthe couloir is judt 40-45degrees. Not my best 5min. Once I stood on my boots it was easy to walk to the rappel.

a
    He may be a fucking moron, but his editing is real good and makes for great youtube entertainment.

FWIW I didn't mean the tour was too big, but rather the group size. 5 people (plus however many camera-drone folks) makes for poor communicating of goals and ideas.

the moron's last two episodes are pretty good too.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    the moron's last two episodes are pretty good too.

Ah yes, the Norwegian "ski cut" technique where you end up in the middle of the slope and have to ride out a slide over exposure.

it's been fun to watch the progression from 'gripped in a cooley' putting out what looks to be a reel film next fall (teaser at the end)

can also be found here from MSPFilms - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efnwH4MBSKw
    Last edited by powdork; 12-06-2023 at 01:13 PM.

Saw this earlier. I think the way Abma skied it is more realistic, but I’m always surprised by how little mountain skills these free skiers really have. I’m also amused by their choice of outerwear for a tour on a sunny calm day.
    All conditions, all terrain.
    Expect nothing, don’t be disappointed.
    Too Old To Die Young (TOTDY)

He's back it... paying lip service to bad decisions, but laughing about it in the moment.

https://youtu.be/2VChdAlT1bE?si=m8-N8A93EyfVCrOY

Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season