Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Why am I still getting spam-ish email from Powder?
    Attachment 352905
    Been getting the same. Hit the unsubscribe button, and if anything more comes through the pipes, off to the spam filter it goes.

So far this 2nd to the last issue is great. Gonna miss Powder. Thankfully I found Ski Journal

For all those with sandy vaginas for Powder talking about AGW, just fuck off

Word on the street is that Ski just hired a bunch of former staff from Powder..... time to make some popcorn and see what happens of that

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Why am I still getting spam-ish email from Powder?
    Attachment 352905
    Powder sold their email list before they turned out the light? Either that or they had a series of promotional campaigns set up and failed to turn them off before they pulled the plug.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunder View Post
    Word on the street is that Ski just hired a bunch of former staff from Powder..... time to make some popcorn and see what happens of that
    Dave and who else?

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Dave and who else?
    Micah Abrams and Sierra Shafer
    https://www.snewsnet.com/press-relea...ports-category

Grew up reading Powder.

kinda sad. How is ski journal? Seems interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Powder sold their email list before they turned out the light? Either that or they had a series of promotional campaigns set up and failed to turn them off before they pulled the plug.
    Tech tip:

If you sign up for something, add a + and a word before the @ in your email address to see where it might have initially come from

Like this: first.last+powder@gmail.com

You can also use that for tagging/filtering email
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyg82 View Post
    Tech tip:

If you sign up for something, add a + and a word before the @ in your email address to see where it might have initially come from

did not know that. super useful.

https://castbox.fm/vb/335381721

Interview with managing editor.

Wow. A pair of PM Gear skis in the last issue???
    I'm flattered. Thanks, Dave. Miss ya, buddy!

Dave and who else?
    Quote Originally Posted by total_immortal View Post
    Micah Abrams........the one and only Slaveboy, the intern from the days of Freeze Magazine? Ha, loved that guy. And he penned 11 WME screenplays? Fuck yeah, Micah! Wow. He's totally gone full circle and made every stop along the way.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Wow. A pair of PM Gear skis in the last issue???
    I'm flattered. Thanks, Dave. Miss ya, buddy!

there's a lot to love about this pic... skis, beer choice, beer drinking method, beer drinkers... I even have that same Taos hat from 30 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyg82 View Post
    Tech tip:

Don’t understand
    Advice is to create a new email?
    Or this is some sort of subset to an existing email?

Existing email, then you add a +whatever and it's a way to track where it was distributed. The email server will still deliver as if the + and following text isn't there. But you can see it in the header info.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Don’t understand
    Advice is to create a new email?
    Or this is some sort of subset to an existing email?
    not a new mail... its a tracking tag added to your existing email address. if your existing email is johndoe@gmail.... provide johndoe+whothefuckistrackingme@gmail as your email address. you can do a test send an email from one of your accounts to another.

ah, ok
    thx!

I just read some of the stories in the last issue by Dunfee and some others and it made me think about what it was like watching the magazine devolve over the years, the endless procession of new owners taking the money out of it by slashing wages and pages, making the finished product at times to look more like a comic book than a coffee table mag of distinction. Sad shit. When Casimiro walked, the shift was monumental. Contributors were told, "Don't quit your days jobs." Leslie Anthony did an absolutely stellar job during his time at the helm after Steve. In the industry, Leslie was regarded as 'skiing's guiding light'.
    I admired his editorial manner to no end. To be quite honest, later on, talking to Leslie on the phone was startlingly familiar, in an almost doppelganger-like comparison of voice and tone that I found in my new friend I made on powdermag.com, whose handle was Buster Highman. I never mentioned this to Buster but the auditory likeness he holds with Leslie is unreal. I think it's the calm of their Ph. D. wisdom combined with that skiing connectedness we get with likeminded people. But sometimes, I wondered which one of them I was talking with. Kinda makes me chuckle, thinking about it.

The emails from PowMag keep coming, sadly. I noticed today, at the bottom of their most recent campaign that they are now owned byA360 Media. I must have missed this transition.

Not familiar with A360? They publish such relevant and hard-hitting titles as Closer, Girls World, J-14, US Weekly, and OK!. <vomit>

It's odd that they're still cranking out content, and I use that term lightly. It must either be a machine to engage eyeballs for ad revenue or that their campaigns have been pre-loaded for some time.

In either case, RIP Powder. Thank Ullr for The Ski Journal, Adventure Journal, and The Mountain Gazette.

It was killed because it was worth a lot as a loss AND they get to send this crap. Fuck them.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

I was buying food at safeway, the magazine rack used to be 2 sections, now its one section
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

You have a magazine rack???
    Only magazines around here are grocery checkout crap like People and some celebrity rags.

Powder Mag is Done

It’ll be interesting to see how they do with the reboot. My understanding is that Powder are moving to a slightly different publishing model. Now putting out 1-2 larger issues per year, instead of publishing more frequently.

I’ll probably pick up the first “new” issue, but for me, there are other ski/winter/mountain publications that have filled the space previously occupied by Powder.

Cool! 40$ is a good deal. Ordered.