WTB ON3P BG 174-179cm

Looking to purchase a pair of ON3P Billy Goats (BG) in size 176-179cm.
    Last edited by MattTheHat; 11-25-2020 at 12:11 PM.

bump

bump

Where full grown men pretend to be cowboys
    My wife has a pair of swiss cheese 2014 176BG tours mounted with Marker Lords she's looking to part with.

DISCLAIMER: The mounting past is storied and confusing and as such, I'll only sell these to you if by some chance in hell the current mounting point/binding works for you. (287mm* @ + 0.5 from rec.)

The reason for not being on the line is that there are two previous mounts- one I don't remember (probably Tyrolia Attack?, but maybe Marker?) for ~282mm, and one for Dynafit Radical @ ~287mm that are garbage/overlapped/unusable (shop error).

*She was switching between 24.5 Scarpa Freedom SLs and 24.5 FT Classics at the time, so I don't know exactly which one was used to mount the Markers with, but I am pretty sure it's 287mm, because her next boot, 23.5 Cochise, (275mm) will fit in there, but are one click shy from the "correct" forward pressure setting (I *think* the Lord/Griffon/etc of that era had a little over 1cm each way in fwd pressure range?).

Feck, my head hurts, let me know if you want them and we'll work out a price.

Hey Al, i have a lange xt free 25.5 boot (296mm bsl). I'm not sure these would fit. What do you think? Also, I noticed you mentioned BG tours.. any idea how different those are from the standard BG's from that time? I'm looking for more of a resort ski since I have a jeffrey 108 tour from this year.

Where full grown men pretend to be cowboys
    I think they'll fit, and would actually put you closer to recommended mount point. I can double check that if you're interested.

These tour cores are thinner milled, lighter glass, full width carbon (instead of stringers).
    Last edited by CallMeAl; 12-16-2020 at 07:50 PM. Reason: confirmed diff with iggy

I'm feeling like the tour core is not going to be heavy/damp enough for the resort skiing I'm hoping to do with them.

I have the 2014 BG Tour and have used for resort skiing and they are great here in the PNW on deeper days. They are not my daily driver for resort , use Black Crows Navis , but can work depending on your needs.

I cant speak for the new tourcores but im pretty blown away how my steeple 102 with a simple dynafit binding skis inbounds. Its closer to alpine dampness/stability then any touring ski ive skied. I'd have zero issues using those as an inbounds daily driver with a cast , pindung or shift setup

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    I cant speak for the new tourcores but im pretty blown away how my steeple 102 with a simple dynafit binding skis inbounds. Its closer to alpine dampness/stability then any touring ski ive skied. I'd have zero issues using those as an inbounds daily driver with a cast , pindung or shift setup

^^^ this ^^^

While my skiing activities have been shut down since I got my new to me Steeple 102s (2105g) last Spring, I demoed 108s a few years ago and felt they were burlier than many non-touring skis. The inbounds limitations would be more about the bindings you mounted on them.

I suspect every touring BG and Steeple before this year's touring cores is the same layup - plenty burly and I'd let the weight tell me what I need to know.

IOW, I'd have no problem with those BGs. If I weren't looking for the current "proper" touring weight BG (this year's models) I'd snatch them up.

I just sold some 2014, 186 touring BGs to a buddy - 2350g, mounted for inbounds and way more burly than my GPOs.

I say buy 'em.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    ^^^ this ^^^

While my skiing activities have been shut down since I got my new to me Steeple 102s (2105g) last Spring, I demoed 108s a few years ago and felt they were burlier than many non-touring skis. The inbounds limitations would be more about the bindings you mounted on them.

I suspect every touring BG and Steeple before this year's touring cores is the same layup - plenty burly and I'd let the weight tell me what I need to know.

IOW, I'd have no problem with those BGs. If I weren't looking for the current "proper" touring weight BG (this year's models) I'd snatch them up.

I just sold some 2014, 186 touring BGs to a buddy - 2350g, mounted for inbounds and way more burly than my GPOs.

I say buy 'em.

... Thom
    Yup, snap them up or kick yourself later

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Yup, snap them up or kick yourself later

If OP doesn't I will

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    If OP doesn't I will
    It should be about the same length as a 179 praxis.
    If i hadnt already extended my self w purchases.....

I have no association with the seller, buyer beware.

https://bend.craigslist.org/spo/d/be...235946074.html

good luck

Bump..I'm looking for my GF