Anyone have an older hardtail carbon frame (or bike) around? Medium.

Last year I came across a super lightweight niner (air rdo I think?) for my oldest daughter. Carbon Reynolds wheels, SID fork carbon crown. Carbon cranks. 1x10 drivetrain. 29er

It’s just silly light (sub 20#) and its perfect for kids who are starting racing. I think I paid around $1100 for it, needed a bit of work.

Now my youngest daughter (taller than her sister) is riding a ton and needs a medium frame...and now that she’s borrowed her sisters bike, she has come to enjoy the fine taste of carbon.

anyone have a super light old race bike they’d want to get rid of? Frame only would be fine, or a whole bike. 29er.

Outdated geo or something with some miles is cool.

Surf around here - this is bikesdirect's clearance site, returned items and weird overstock. Might find something usable cheap.

https://bikeisland.com/index.cgi
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by MCS5280 View Post
    Added picture of the bike to my previous post.
    pics no worky?

I've got a Giant XTC composite hardtail that I considered selling earlier this year. It had been sitting for a couple of years. Was pressed into use when my main bike was out of action but now that's resolved I'd sell it. XX 2x10, xtr brakes, fox fork, Easton haven carbon wheelset. 2011 frame, custom built 2012
    Size large though. PM if at all interested.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200812_175038.jpeg 
Views:	98 
Size:	170.2 KB 
ID:	342205

Both of these options would be great, thanks so much.
    But...

She’s 5’5” (and growing) so i need to hold-off for a medium frame.

Thanks much, these are both what I’m looking for.

dcpnz, what would you want for it? I’d consider buying it for the parts and wheels, and then just find a medium frame.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

What about a new Chinese carbon frame? It doesnt sound like you are looking for the newest tech so you should be fine.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

post prices?

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Tonics View Post
    Both of these options would be great, thanks so much.
    But...

She’s 5’5” (and growing) so i need to hold-off for a medium frame.

Thanks much, these are both what I’m looking for.

dcpnz, what would you want for it? I’d consider buying it for the parts and wheels, and then just find a medium frame.

Sorry, just checked back in here.

Yeah, my frame almost certainly too big for a 5'5" rider even with fitting tweaks.
    Honestly wouldn't know what's a fair price and I'm certainly open to feedback - I was originally thinking $1100 ish - only data point is blue book shows 2012 with significantly inferior components and wheels @ ~$850.
    But acknowledge my carbon cranks have lots of paint chunks and look rough, fork needs seals and lower leg service, plus according to Easton wheelset is stuck on HG and cannot be converted to XD or microspline.

Possibly moot anyway since after thinking about it for a few days I'm leaning toward just keeping it.

Framed was blowing out their old demo bobtrax carbon hard tails over the summer for 345. Looks like they may still have the deal going on?

I checked, no luck

Well, well, well.

I have a Niner Air 9 medium frame that I'm looking to get rid of. Fun bike, but kind of outdated for me at this point. It has everything except for chainrings and a chain at the moment. It's an Orange and Black model so fits right into the Halloween spirit.

If you're interested in that bike for her I'll gladly post up more specs and info. I'm happy to sell it cheap too. Frame only or built as is, I could go either way.

I’m sending you a pm mtnjam!

Bump. Still looking

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    What about a new Chinese carbon frame? It doesnt sound like you are looking for the newest tech so you should be fine.
    This. Should be able to find something on ebay (new) for around $300. Shipping can take a while though (3-4 weeks).

Roy? That you?

not that it's super inexpensive or older, but I have been loving my Ibis DV9 which they made as a solution for younger racers to be an affordable race ready hardtail. the full retail was meant to be ~$3k
    I am neither young nor really racing these days but picked one up this spring and have been riding the hell out of it.
    We were down in Sedona area and S Utah recently and I have an Ibis HD3 too, but brought both bikes and it was a blast riding the DV9 on the more flowy/ intermediate terrain
    You might be able to find one for your daughter as they discontinued them for next yr and not as "cool" as the new more progressive hardtails popular now but with a dropper post I love this bike
    skid luxury

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1604325060.576060.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	155.4 KB 
ID:	345990

Found this locally! 2016 Stumpjumper Pro w/ carbon roval wheels, 1x11 xo drivetrain, carbon cranks, etc.

$1200 and the dude threw in a bunch of other parts. Hardly a scratch on it. It was his “backup” bike.

Durango is filled with industry types and this dude just wanted to pass it on to a kid.

She got out on a ride last night with her crew. So stoked!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1604325194.381440.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	682.6 KB 
ID:	345991

Thats a ridiculous deal. Could have easily sold for well over $2000