Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    They're supposed to organize and advocate for themselves rather than just piggy backing off another group's work and acting like they're entitled to everything they want.

Like I've said before, I have no problem with ebikes, and I wouldn't oppose their efforts to gain access. But I'm not going to do the heavy lifting for them, especially because doing that would jeopardize / complicate my efforts for mountain bikes.

Being good at ebiking requires using an app? Shit. I guess I'm an e-Joey then. I thought I was doing ok since I'm not barfing up a lung every time I do an e-climb. But apparently I'm missing something - maybe if I use the app, I'd get a better workout?
    Again, your assumption that added cyclist won't help advocacy. #cowardice

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    There you go again making GRAND assumptions...
    What was my other assumption?
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    Stick to trails designated for motorized vehicles? Oh, but then you'd have to acknowledge you're riding a 6k moped.
    They're supposed to organize and advocate for themselves rather than just piggy backing off another group's work and acting like they're entitled to everything they want.

Like I've said before, I have no problem with ebikes, and I wouldn't oppose their efforts to gain access. But I'm not going to do the heavy lifting for them, especially because doing that would jeopardize / complicate my efforts for mountain bikes.
    +1
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Cmon, that's pretty funny. I had been reading this insane thread that same morning, then had that as my first IRL eeb interaction. Even you would have laughed.
    Ya a bit sensitive on that one because i could empathise. As a young buck hitting the bars in the off season in an age when smoking was allowed in a bar i'd have a few along with the 2nd hand smoke. I got my ass handed to me hacking a lung a couple early seasons rides so that was short lived. A great motivator that put the short lived dart smoking days to bed.
    Story- first xc win was mid 80's. Out at the bar late the night before in some strange french town partaking in fun things. Woke up in a strange bed and took a taxi to my hotel room to get my bike to get to the race. Managed to hold off the canadian tire road cycling team trying their hand at mtb. Had a dart to celebrate. I think we all thought we are indestructable in our younger years and that shit wouldnt catch up with us. We all quit the bad stuff sometime, its just how and when. I hope the guy on the emtb is crushing it next summer and no darts. French strippers are ok though

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Again, your assumption that added cyclist won't help advocacy. #cowardice

It's no assumption. I'm well aware of how our local land managers and the people opposing new trails view ebikes. Their negative view significantly outweighs any additional influx of two wheeled users.

Ya a bit sensitive on that one because i could empathise. As a young buck hitting the bars in the off season in an age when smoking was allowed in a bar i'd have a few along with the 2nd hand smoke. I got my ass handed to me hacking a lung a couple early seasons rides so that was short lived. A great motivator that put the short lived dart smoking days to bed.
    Story- first xc win was mid 80's. Out at the bar late the night before in some strange french town partaking in fun things. Woke up in a strange bed and took a taxi to my hotel room to get my bike to get to the race. Managed to hold off the canadian tire road cycling team trying their hand at mtb. Had a dart to celebrate. I think we all thought we are indestructable in our younger years and that shit wouldnt catch up with us. We all quit the bad stuff sometime, its just how and when. I hope the guy on the emtb is crushing it next summer and no darts. French strippers are ok though

Cool story, bruh. You’re such an obvious butthurt moron. Look, you’re always talking about facts, bringing up Europe. What you’re talking about is people’s opinions about user conflict in Europe. Those aren’t facts you moron. You’re from Canada, right? The culture when it comes to outdoor recreation in Europe, Canada and the US are all completely different, as well as the laws and regulations. When it comes to the US and the use of ebikes of any kind on non motorized trails, no one that lives here cares about your opinion. We know you’re a zealot when it comes to ebikes, good for you. Start a thread about the joys and wonders of using ebikes on public lands in Canada. It’s a little bit more complicated here in the US for better or worse.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Damn bro. How is the eMTB access thread the most heated lol.

swing your fucking sword.

It's no assumption. I'm well aware of how our local land managers and the people opposing new trails view ebikes. Their negative view significantly outweighs any additional influx of two wheeled users.
    You better prepare for the future. Eebs are coming and so is the understanding of them. More than likely city counselors and mayors will have one. State and federal too

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Cool story, bruh. You’re such an obvious butthurt moron. Look, you’re always talking about facts, bringing up Europe. What you’re talking about is people’s opinions about user conflict in Europe. Those aren’t facts you moron. You’re from Canada, right? The culture when it comes to outdoor recreation in Europe, Canada and the US are all completely different, as well as the laws and regulations. When it comes to the US and the use of ebikes of any kind on non motorized trails, no one that lives here cares about your opinion. We know you’re a zealot when it comes to ebikes, good for you. Start a thread about the joys and wonders of using ebikes on public lands in Canada. It’s a little bit more complicated here in the US for better or worse.

No vision is your problem. Vibes bruh

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    Damn bro. How is the eMTB access thread the most heated lol.

Kick enough ass and the butthurt overflows is my guess

Kick enough ass and the butthurt overflows is my guess

There is great entertainment value here. I’m gonna have to read back and take it all in.

swing your fucking sword.

You better prepare for the future. Eebs are coming and so is the understanding of them. More than likely city counselors and mayors will have one. State and federal too

I don't need to prepare for anything. Like I've said, for the most part, I don't care if there are ebikes on the trails or not. Ride whatever you want. I'm just not going to put in any legwork to advocate for them.

The people that need to prepare for the future of ebikes are the ebikers. If they want access, they better get their shit together and start advocating. In real life, not on internet forums. I've yet to see an ebiker show up at a meeting or submit public comments on a local trail proposal.

I have nothing relevant to add to the discussion, just an expensive moped and hudge sense of entitlement.

You don't say.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    You don't say.
    Soo clever. Props bro. Can't wait for your next book

I don't need to prepare for anything. Like I've said, for the most part, I don't care if there are ebikes on the trails or not. Ride whatever you want. I'm just not going to put in any legwork to advocate for them.

The people that need to prepare for the future of ebikes are the ebikers. If they want access, they better get their shit together and start advocating. In real life, not on internet forums. I've yet to see an ebiker show up at a meeting or submit public comments on a local trail proposal.
    Like i said. Shot sighted.
    Seems like youre putting in the leg work against, despite the benefit of added cycling numbers. Guess we'll just agree to dosagree. Good luck with that

Soo clever. Props bro. Can't wait for your next book

Tiny Penis 2: A Collection of One Short Story.

No vision is your problem. Vibes bruh

Why should my “vision” include ebikes? Why should I advocate for them? Should I advocate for dirt bikes if I don’t want or have one? Just because some kook on the internet with a cult like zeal for ebikes can’t shut up about them doesn’t mean I or anyone needs to embrace ebikes. Your schtick reminds me of our Trumptard citizens down here, all bullying bluster with no facts. You’ve yet to provide any facts in spite of your continuous bloviating about facts. You wouldn’t know a fact if it was anally raping you.

Like i said. Shot sighted.
    Seems like youre putting in the leg work against, despite the benefit of added cycling numbers. Guess we'll just agree to dosagree. Good luck with that

One could also argue that it's short sighted to go on the internet and snipe at the people who are advocating for trail access, when you are the one who wants them to do something for you.

Why should my “vision” include ebikes? Why should I advocate for them? Should I advocate for dirt bikes if I don’t want or have one? Just because some kook on the internet with a cult like zeal for ebikes can’t shut up about them doesn’t mean I or anyone needs to embrace ebikes. Your schtick reminds me of our Trumptard citizens down here, all bullying bluster with no facts. You’ve yet to provide any facts in spite of your continuous bloviating about facts. You wouldn’t know a fact if it was anally raping you.

Your dreams are a bit creepy bro, combined with your slow uptake its a bit unnerving. Still yawning though.
    The decision makers will soon be on emtbs so youre pretty much irelevant but please continue with the butthurt. I'll check on it after my eeb shred. Sooo fun

Your dreams are a bit creepy bro, combined with your slow uptake its a bit unnerving. Still yawning though.
    The decision makers will soon be on emtbs so youre pretty much irelevant but please continue with the butthurt. I'll check on it after my eeb shred. Sooo fun

Not my dreams, pointing out you abject stupidity. The decision makers here are most likely hikers. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Not my dreams, pointing out you abject stupidity. The decision makers here are most likely hikers. Sorry to burst your bubble.

More and more of them are on bikes. Youre being obtuse. We've seen CO's go from hiker and horseback to some being on mtb now. The regions with CO's on bikes has translated to more trails. Thats not any different than any other issue in any other place. Pro tip- if youre not honestly representing whats going on your posts carry no weight. #irelevant

Our local forest supervisor was into ATV's and motos. We have some of the heaviest restrictions on motorized use in the country.

Once again, your Canadian experiences aren't all that relevant.

More and more of them are on bikes. Youre being obtuse. We've seen CO's go from hiker and horseback to some being on mtb now. The regions with CO's on bikes has translated to more trails. Thats not any different than any other issue in any other place. Pro tip- if youre not honestly representing whats going on your posts carry no weight. #irelevant

Name:  false.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  7.5 KB
    You're honestly representing yourself as an idiot. Sierra Club is one of the strongest trail use lobbies, and they don't dig mopeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

No matter how dumb you want to play it, in the good ole US-of-A, Hikers and Horse people hate anything with 2 wheels, factor in a motor and you are the fucking Anti-Christ. That is a fact, Jack.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

We have access, same trails that you're riding.
    Nobody's enforcing, just like they are not enforcing illegal trails.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk